S6 Data Transfer

ericj10

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
So I was moving the data on multiple phones around with getting my S6 and I backed up my old phone to Kies, but that doesn't work with the S6. Does any one know of a way to move the data over. I already deleted all the data off the old phone so I can't sue the smart switch app.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, Kies only lets you restore data to the very same phone the back up came from, not to another device (that's why Kies is actually 'second place' now to Smart Switch).

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So I was moving the data on multiple phones around with getting my S6 and I backed up my old phone to Kies, but that doesn't work with the S6. Does any one know of a way to move the data over. I already deleted all the data off the old phone so I can't sue the smart switch app.

What about the new Lollipop data transfer thingy? Not sure what it's called (looking it up now), but don't you just use NFC to transfer from one phone to the other?

Posted via Android Central App

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Eh i got ahead of myself... Just re read what you said and realized you deleted all your data from the old phone so that won't work. My bad.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Kind of off subject but does that tap and go method work for transferring all your stuff (contacts/apps/appdata/music) from an old device to a new one? (IE my Nexus 4 to my GS6 when it comes), I have never done that stuff on my own but I would rather do it myself than have the people at BB do it

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think that only triggers Google's account set up, doesn't really transfer anything. It only 'transfer' what's already backed up in your account (in the cloud). Samsung's app, on the other hand, does transfer some stuff, but that's why you need the app installed on both phones.