Engadget Review is up

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That's up to the consumer, but stifling innovation when all they do is ***** about it is solid stuff. Especially when some of them admittedly would want the Edge if it was the same price. Vlad from the Verge literally said it didn't play well with Lollipop. I'm guessing he's never swiped in a side menu before. There's just a lack of understanding, but it doesn't really matter. People will buy it regardless of how it's rated.

Posted via the Android Central App

Why care about reviews ,you acting like you have skin in the game. If there's anyone that you should be taking aim at is Samsung. So far the way this forum is talking about this phone, it's a disaster.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Why care about reviews ,you acting like you have skin in the game. If there's anyone that you should be taking aim at is Samsung. So far the way this forum is talking about this phone is a disaster.

Because someone impressionable with who doesn't mind shelling out $100 more might pass on a great phone because they read somewhere it's "impractical". The fact you think the vibe here is that the phone is a disaster just proves my point. It's not really a big deal, though. That phone is going to sell like crazy.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Come on, you really think this is going well here ? I know majority of the public has known idea about this sight, but when they get there phones and the battery crashes like people are talking about here , people aren't going recommend this thing . I can't believe Samsung released it this way .

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Come on, you really think this is going well here ? I know majority of the public has known idea about this sight, but when they get there phones and the battery crashes like people are talking about here , people aren't going recommend this thing . I can't believe Samsung released it this way .

Yeah, you're right. All those "best Android phone on the planet" reviews are just terrible PR for them, man. They should just throw in the towel. A handful of people using pre-release software on one variant have reviewed it to have terrible battery life. Must be a garbage phone, then.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Why are so many people having abnormal battery drain? I don't get it .You keep saying pre released software, what does that mean ? When mine I get mine next week what software will be on it?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Why are so many people having abnormal battery drain? I don't get it .You keep saying pre released software, what does that mean ? When mine I get mine next week what software will be on it?

T-Mobile released their device a few weeks before anyone else in the US. There's clearly some bugs that need to be worked out as evidenced by an update they pushed. The battery drain looks to be caused by cell standby, but whether that's going to be an issue for all the other variants I have no idea. This phone isn't technically launched right now. AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint could be working out these issues before their devices launch on the 10th. This could very well be dealt with before the phone officially launches. Why almost no one reviewing this phone has mentioned that is beyond me.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine is Verizon I just cant understand that a product this important to Samsung is going thru this battery situation.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile released their device a few weeks before anyone else in the US. There's clearly some bugs that need to be worked out as evidenced by an update they pushed. The battery drain looks to be caused by cell standby, but whether that's going to be an issue for all the other variants I have no idea. This phone isn't technically launched right now. AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint could be working out these issues before their devices launch on the 10th. This could very well be dealt with before the phone officially launches. Why almost no one reviewing this phone has mentioned that is beyond me.

I was thinking the same thing. It might be better to be with AT&T and get device later.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It's a tmobile problem. Not the phone itself. Only reviewers with tmobile version have complained.

I have my edge now. Amazing, amazing phone. Better life is fine

Nice N Sticky

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Mine is Verizon I just cant understand that a product this important to Samsung is going thru this battery situation.

You mention that the phone is being percieved as a disaster. That you cant believe Samsung would release it this way.
Yet you pre-ordered one? If you don't like seeing this type of "disaster" then vote with your wallet. You, as well as millions of others (myself included) have made a very clear statement that, despite battery issues we are willing to deal with it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You mention that the phone is being percieved as a disaster. That you cant believe Samsung would release it this way.
Yet you pre-ordered one? If you don't like seeing this type of "disaster" then vote with your wallet. You, as well as millions of others (myself included) have made a very clear statement that, despite battery issues we are willing to deal with it.

From the beginning the battery issue has been blown out of proportion. When you learn that the battery is smaller than the GS5 battery and expect better battery life,,that doesn't always compute. Battery reviews are on bit he extremes as they have different firmware at different point in time, network conditions, carrier software, different device setups and preconceived bias. Battery usage is so variable as no one person has the same load for the same time or the same habits.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
From the beginning the battery issue has been blown out of proportion. When you learn that the battery is smaller than the GS5 battery and expect better battery life,,that doesn't always compute. Battery reviews are on bit he extremes as they have different firmware at different point in time, network conditions, carrier software, different device setups and preconceived bias. Battery usage is so variable as no one person has the same load for the same time or the same habits.

I think the issue is that people expect their next phone to be better than their current phone in every respect - that includes battery life.

It seems coming from a flagship in 2014 to the Galaxy S6 would mean a downgrade in battery life. It's understandable that users would be disappointed with that. Sure a 2,550mah battery pushing a QHD screen is going to have trouble lasting long, and reviews/users are reporting that.

The battery life is what it is. Hopefully Samsung can push out updates to improve it over time, but I'm not expecting much to be honest.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
It's a tmobile problem. Not the phone itself. Only reviewers with tmobile version have complained.

Mobilesyrup in Canada expressed the same concerns... Leaves to believe its a Samsung software issue that can likely be corrected.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I wonder what it's like for non-tech people who never update their phone, and don't understand that they need to.

Those people who's phone or computer you look at and they have 10 updates waiting and never even think about what it means.

I think releasing a buggy phone and fixing it later is a little unfair

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

do post more information on your battery life please.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I wonder what it's like for non-tech people who never update their phone, and don't understand that they need to.

Those people who's phone or computer you look at and they have 10 updates waiting and never even think about what it means.

I think releasing a buggy phone and fixing it later is a little unfair

If this really is an issue with cell standby, which I believe it is, this is an Android issue. Owners of the Moto X and the Nexus 6 (which I am) can attest to that.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue is that people expect their next phone to be better than their current phone in every respect - that includes battery life.

It seems coming from a flagship in 2014 to the Galaxy S6 would mean a downgrade in battery life. It's understandable that users would be disappointed with that. Sure a 2,550mah battery pushing a QHD screen is going to have trouble lasting long, and reviews/users are reporting that.

The battery life is what it is. Hopefully Samsung can push out updates to improve it over time, but I'm not expecting much to be honest.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Again consternation over something we have insufficient corroboration from off the shelf devices except TMO. The consensus that I have gotten is that it MAY slightly less than its predecessor and a few that say it exceeds. I agree that the newer model should out perform the predecessor. How many devices have undergone such a different direction in such a short time? The improvements and added features as well as better performance have been almost completely ignored over an issue that depends upon so factors that differ as widely as there are different people in the world. No one has the same usage habits or is on the same network every where. Each carrier adds their own spin to the device which could also cause it. Could it also be Lollipop? Well never know because we don't discuss it.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Great phone. Great screen. Crappy battery life.

People are getting about 5 hours of SOT with a full working day of standby. Is that crappy? How many people are on their phones for more than 1/3 of the time they are awake?

If so then put it on a charger for 30 mins or buy a Z3 that is inferior in every other way or a phablet with a massive battery.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
People are getting about 5 hours of SOT with a full working day of standby. Is that crappy? How many people are on their phones for more than 1/3 of the time they are awake?

If so then put it on a charger for 30 mins or buy a Z3 that is inferior in every other way or a phablet with a massive battery.

I am sure that there are tweaks such as lowering screen brightness instead of auto brightness and animations settings tweaks as well as making sure to close apps that you aren't using. It's still pretty decent in some of the initial battery life feedback from users with retail units other than TMO . Don't know of the patch and turning off wifi calling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34