Engadget Review is up

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Great phone. Great screen. Crappy battery life.
No. 3 charge cycles in and I'm getting 4.5 hours screen on time and over 21 hours overall. That's hardly crappy.
5cf85ca09a71e5165955b8c89f8add1a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I am sure that there are tweaks such as lowering screen brightness instead of auto brightness and animations settings tweaks as well as making sure to close apps that you aren't using. It's still pretty decent in some of the initial battery life feedback from users with retail units other than TMO . Don't know of the patch and turning off wifi calling.
Other than turning off always scanning and smart network switch under WiFi I've tweaked nothing. And I have never on any android device felt the need to close apps.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Other than turning off always scanning and smart network switch under WiFi I've tweaked nothing. And I have never on any android device felt the need to close apps.

Awesome results. How are you liking the GS6 otherwise? Is yours fast and smooth? I am glad that you guys are giving such great feedback of screen on times. I am on and off so often that I don't have time to test it unless it's the weekend. It sounds like it would be no problem to take it off the charger at 7am and not need a charge at bedtime if that.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Is that the new black Samsung Theme? If so, how long have you been using it and have you been able to notice a difference in battery life because of it? My guess is the easiest way to notice is if your screen % is lower than before.

Nope, that's just the dark theme in the GSAM battery monitor app.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Awesome results. How are you liking the GS6 otherwise? Is yours fast and smooth? I am glad that you guys are giving such great feedback of screen on times. I am on and off so often that I don't have time to test it unless it's the weekend. It sounds like it would be no problem to take it off the charger at 7am and not need a charge at bedtime if that.

It's been getting me through a full day just as well as my Note 4 has. I may get another 30 min screen time out of the Note 4 but the battery (and device) is also much bigger.

It is as smooth, fast, and fluid as any device I've used including the 6 plus, Nexus 6, and Xperia Z2. It is night and day from the Note 4 which I experienced way more lag and stutter than I expected I would.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol