So when I got my current Moto X over a year ago, I was tight with money and didn't have the $200 upfront for the phone, so I took the Next program because it was my only way to replace my crappy HTC One X.

As of right now, I have 3 installments of $27 left for me to own the phone outright.

I also really want the S6. Do I:

A.) Pay off the phone completely over the next 3 months, sell it on Swappa (currently going in the $150-175 range) and get the S6 on a regular 2 year contract

or

B.) Trade in my phone so I can upgrade immediately, which would mean paying $28/month for the Next 18, or $37/month for Next 12.

I guess I just feel weird paying for a phone for the next 3 months that is starting to get laggy, rebooting when I try to watch a video, and draining battery like crazy unless I turn off location and auto sync. I feel like if I'm paying a monthly fee for a phone, it should at least be one I am happy with.

Thoughts?
    04-02-2015 11:02 AM
    I would just pay your phone off (you can do it in bulk) -- then nab an S6 if you really want it. Just depends how much you want to shell out each month.
    04-02-2015 11:11 AM
    You could pay off the phone now, you should have the option to pay off early, I did when I pre ordered the S6, and if you can sell it for the 150-175 range you that should help you recoup the $80ish bucks you have to pay off on the phone, give you enough to either cover or almost all over the tax on the S6 if you want to keep doing Next and you might even have a left over depending on the tax amount.

if you don't want to do Next then you still could pay the phone off early, get the S6 on contact and then sell the Moto X.
    04-02-2015 11:13 AM
    So when I got my current Moto X over a year ago, I was tight with money and didn't have the $200 upfront for the phone, so I took the Next program because it was my only way to replace my crappy HTC One X.

As of right now, I have 3 installments of $27 left for me to own the phone outright.

A.) Pay off the phone completely over the next 3 months, sell it on Swappa (currently going in the $150-175 range) and get the S6 on a regular 2 year contract

or

B.) Trade in my phone so I can upgrade immediately, which would mean paying $28/month for the Next 18, or $37/month for Next 12.

I guess I just feel weird paying for a phone for the next 3 months that is starting to get laggy, rebooting when I try to watch a video, and draining battery like crazy unless I turn off location and auto sync. I feel like if I'm paying a monthly fee for a phone, it should at least be one I am happy with.

Thoughts?
    I went from a contract to NEXT. I have no idea how that'll impact me, but the girl at Best Buy told

Posted via Android Central App
    04-02-2015 11:15 AM

Thoughts?
    Sounds like your mind is already made up!

I feel your pain coming from a 2013 Moto X. I replaced mine with the S6 and it feels like heaven. Coming from 2 cores, 720p screen, AND THE WORST DAMN CAMERA IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE I understand why you want out so badly. You're loosing out on about $70-$80 if you get it now, as opposed to selling it after the 3 months.

Bite the bullet! My Moto X is resting safely in the bottom of my drawer. Hopefully I'll never have to turn it on again.
    04-02-2015 11:15 AM
    I would trade it in to get the s6.

If, you are having "issues" with the X, how would that be far to sell it to someone else? So, they now bought a phone with "issue," thinking they bought a phone with no issues. If that was me I would not be happy about that.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!
    04-02-2015 11:16 AM

or

Thoughts?
    I went from a contract to NEXT. The girl at Best Buy told me it should increase my bill about $7-8 a month. I guess we'll see.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-02-2015 11:16 AM
    I would trade it in to get the s6.

If, you are having "issues" with the X, how would that be far to sell it to someone else? So, they now bought a phone with "issue," thinking they bought a phone with no issues. If that was me I would not be happy about that.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!
    Well,

The battery drain has been happening since Kit Kat 4.4, so I'm guessing when its updated to 5.1 it won't be an issue. The video causing my phone to reboot has happened since the beginning, I just attributed it to the average specs of the Moto X.

I don't view these as "issues", I view them as limitations because of the hardware and software.

If someone one buys the Moto X from 2013, they should have done the research and understand its limitations. Same reason why I would never buy a Moto G, for example. It wouldn't fit my needs.
    vegasdroid likes this.
    04-02-2015 11:21 AM