04-06-2015 05:10 PM
56 123
tools
    Also the Verizon Black, looked Black, not blue like the Best Buy demos.
    Maybe just the lighting.
    Definitely just the lighting.
    04-02-2015 05:53 PM
    Is there a place offering the s6 capable of working on Verizon's network, but not Verizon Branded?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    I haven't looked into it, but in the past that was an option.

If the logo doesn't bother you then go for it. VZ subsidized process are very reasonable.

good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-02-2015 06:23 PM
    They could plaster a gigantic VERIZON across the whole back of the phone and Verizon on the home button, and all across the front top and I wouldn't mind if it had a Swappable Battery and Expandable Storage!
    I would lose my mind.

04-02-2015 07:46 PM
    I agree it would look sleek without a logo, but I mean come on are we going to have this conversation every time a device comes out? Let us look around our house...yep no logos or brands on anything....no logos on our clothes we wear daily. No brands on the vehicles we drive....no logos on the cards we use to pay for things...YES! No company puts its logo or brand on its merchandise. Completely uncalled for we should boycott the NEXT phone that does this because I am getting this one
    tx_tuff likes this.
    04-02-2015 08:09 PM
    If it's a glass back, isn't there a way to remove it?
    04-02-2015 08:29 PM
    If it's a glass back, isn't there a way to remove it?
    Yes, but not easily.

04-02-2015 08:59 PM
    Verizon, when ONE tramp stamp isn't enough. Seriously though the 4G LTE thing needs to go its old, out of date and NOBODY CARES.
    04-02-2015 10:14 PM
    Lol Verizon... That looks ugly
    04-02-2015 10:45 PM
    I agree it would look sleek without a logo, but I mean come on are we going to have this conversation every time a device comes out? Let us look around our house...yep no logos or brands on anything....no logos on our clothes we wear daily. No brands on the vehicles we drive....no logos on the cards we use to pay for things...YES! No company puts its logo or brand on its merchandise. Completely uncalled for we should boycott the NEXT phone that does this because I am getting this one
    Lol there is a difference.. Phone is made by Samsung and having Samsung branding is fine. Verizon is just a dumb pipe, may be there should be Comcast logo on all laptops. I get that Verizon subsidizes and they can put what ever they want but at least Samsung can provide option to buy without any branding.
    04-02-2015 10:49 PM
    Lol there is a difference.. Phone is made by Samsung and having Samsung branding is fine. Verizon is just a dumb pipe, may be there should be Comcast logo on all laptops. I get that Verizon subsidizes and they can put what ever they want but at least Samsung can provide option to buy without any branding.
    I know what you are saying but the phone for the most part does not work without a Carrier. This is a different front when dealing with someone making something for another vendor. IE: High end vehicles with packages like Denali or Saleen...put there branding on things they service. So in the end it is all perception and most people do not care. We talk about it more here because most the people here are passionate about tech and yeah we are more picky.
    04-02-2015 11:07 PM
    Man as soon as I saw this post I went to verizon as fast as I could. Ladies and gentlemen.... That phone is piano black, true black, ps3 black, whatever you want to call it. Verizon does not have the black Sapphire. I don't know what they're going to call it.
    04-03-2015 07:09 AM
    Whats crazy is that two of the flip covers were next to it and the flip colors are.... Sapphire black. In my opinion thats dumb as hell. Epic fail by vzw. True black phone with Sapphire black accessories along with a ton of bloatwear (way more then anyone else) along with that tramp stamp verzion graffiti on the back...#epicfail by vzw. Thank god I cancelled my preorder and took my talents to South beach(atnt).
    04-03-2015 07:51 AM
    For wireless, the carrier isn't just a dumb pipe. Otherwise, you can just buy a version without carrier branding to use on Verizon. But buying the aforementioned would be a dumb (or smart if you prefer) brick on Verizon.

In certain cases, Verizon wireless could be considered a dumb pipe. Like when I use the unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot or unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE broadband router with voice.

Comcast is a dumb pipe..you can go to FiOS, Charter, etc, and your devices would work just fine.

That aside for my personal use, I would much rather use Verizon since they get the best service where I need it, and are by far the cheapest carrier for my needs. For me that is way more important than having a carrier unbranded phone.

Really, if carrier branding bothers you so much, don't buy Verizon Androids. This is nothing new.

04-03-2015 08:02 AM
    Man as soon as I saw this post I went to verizon as fast as I could. Ladies and gentlemen.... That phone is piano black, true black, ps3 black, whatever you want to call it. Verizon does not have the black Sapphire. I don't know what they're going to call it.
    If true, that sucks. Interesting that both the Verizon and Best Buy websites still list the Verizon S6 variants as being "Black Sapphire"
    04-03-2015 08:14 AM
    I always laugh at these threads. I honestly never even notice the logo. I always use a case. The demand is always there. I never have trouble selling phones because of the logo either.

04-03-2015 09:17 AM
    At least there's no carrier brand in the notifications like iphones
    04-03-2015 09:27 AM
    At least there's no carrier brand in the notifications like iphones
    There is in the drop-down notification. Also that isn't really carrier branding .. that is the iPhone just telling you what network you're on. Not a Verizon or whatever mandate.
    04-03-2015 10:33 AM
    There's no way I'd buy that device....unless Verizon was giving me an "advertising discount". This is where I jump to the "Apple Camp". Sell a premium phone at a premium price, and ditch the carrier branding. I'd love to know why Samsung can't put the screws down on AT&T and Verizon to stop the carrier branding on the back.
    Advertising discount would be $150, because it's $150 cheaper than anywhere else who is selling it.
    04-03-2015 11:50 AM
    That's too bad. The phone looks nice in true black, and it will easier to find a colored case if I want one but I was really looking forward to getting the Black Sapphire I pre-ordered. I'll probably return it for white.
    04-03-2015 01:32 PM
    I always laugh at these threads. I honestly never even notice the logo. I always use a case. The demand is always there. I never have trouble selling phones because of the logo either.

For the most part I don't mind too much, but man the front logo on the LG g3 and the one on the Note home button were Fugly. Really ruined the look of the phone IMO
    04-03-2015 07:54 PM
    The Verizon logo turns it into a phone I wouldn't be embarrassed to carry around. Nice look Verizon!
    04-03-2015 08:28 PM
    What annoys me about Verizon's Android devices is that stupid 4G logo is always at the top of the notification panel. Even when on Wifi it sits there, that annoys me!
    04-03-2015 08:29 PM
    Well, it's not that bad. It could've been worse. They could've plastered their logo everywhere.

The one big no-no? Amazon and Verizon crapware.
    04-03-2015 08:55 PM
    Was hoping that Verizon would leave their fat logo off the back, no such luck. Here's a couple pictures of the Verizon demo showing the Logo and Bloatware installed.

I did purchase the Otterbox Commuter & Defender cases while I was there.

Long wait until the 17th for me.

Attachment 169201Attachment 169202Attachment 169203Attachment 169204
    On a side note, how much bulk will the Defender add? I can't stand the plastic shield they use with them.

Are they slick on the back??
    04-03-2015 09:04 PM
    Samsung needs to get into selling their phones directly to the customer like apple does. They can easily do online ordering and sell even more devices and start to take control of the OS updates. They have the clout, they just aren't using it.
    04-03-2015 09:08 PM
56 123