Double-tap notifications on lock screen?

toade

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
On my Nexus 5 with lollipop I was able to double-tap a notification from the lock screen and be taken directly to the app. Unfortunately with my new Galaxy, double clicking doesn't do anything. I can click on the notification and then swipe, but that's not nearly as convenient.

This the case for everyone with the Galaxy? If so, anyone find a workaround?

Thanks!

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
On my Nexus 5 with lollipop I was able to double-tap a notification from the lock screen and be taken directly to the app. Unfortunately with my new Galaxy, double clicking doesn't do anything. I can click on the notification and then swipe, but that's not nearly as convenient.

This the case for everyone with the Galaxy? If so, anyone find a workaround?

Thanks!

With my Note 3 on lollipop I single tap the notification then unlock and it goes straight to it.

Posted via Android Central App

toade

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
With my Note 3 on lollipop I single tap the notification then unlock and it goes straight to it.

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah, that's what I meant by "click and then swipe." But that isn't nearly as easy as double clicking on the notification, as it is on standard lollipop. Why must Samsung made stupid changes like this?

Smooth4lyfe: Just click once? From the lock screen? Definitely not like that on the s6, and not like that on standard lollipop.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I meant by "click and then swipe." But that isn't nearly as easy as double clicking on the notification, as it is on standard lollipop. Why must Samsung made stupid changes like this?

Smooth4lyfe: Just click once? From the lock screen? Definitely not like that on the s6, and not like that on standard lollipop.

It's been like this since the S4 that I know of, and maybe earlier. Each phone manufacturer does things a little different to set them apart. It's not that much of a problem in real life, just different. With a lock screen enabled, you would have to put in your pin before it will open. To me, this is a very secure way that no one can view your messages.
Well, we have finger print scanning now too.

Posted via the Android Central App

webaber

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Again another option that made accessing information quickly and efficiently that has been removed. Why the hell do they change good things? Please add in the feature that allows you to double click a message or notification from the lock screen, thanks!

To be 100% honest they need to make the lock screen WAYYY more customizable and let you add widgets and other info on it.

Lets get with the program!