In addition to disable the Smart Network and Scanning always available options on Wifi that none are needed, can you try going to your Network settings, (don't really know the exact menu as I don't have the phone yet) and try to disable the VoLTE option?

I remember last year when it was released on T-Mobile it caused huge wake locks on most of the S5, I forgot to add that to the original thread I created with tips and tricks for better battery life in the S5, but I do remember that it helped a lot.

After you do this try rebooting and monitor the Cell Standby stay on the Battery settings, I hope that is just this that is causing this issue with the T-mobile units that are the only ones available right now.
    04-03-2015 02:00 PM
    If I see cell standby get too high I can try turning it off. It is under the phone options.
    04-03-2015 02:42 PM
    I don't need VoLTE since I have an AT&T phone and I can already do voice and data unlike Verizon without VoLTE.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    04-03-2015 09:42 PM
    I don't need VoLTE since I have an AT&T phone and I can already do voice and data unlike Verizon without VoLTE.
    Are there still Verizon phones that don't do simultaneous data and voice?
    My Thunderbolt did, and so does my Note2. I guess I just figured all Verizon now had this capability.
    04-04-2015 01:51 AM
    My Thunderbolt did, and so does my Note2. I guess I just figured all Verizon now had this capability.
    Verizon phones (the new ones) need VoLTE to do Voice and data. The old phones (like your thunderbolt and Note 2) had two radios to do it... So VoLTE wasn't needed. All newer phones have one radio so they need VoLTE otherwise no data and voice.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    04-04-2015 03:12 AM
    I posted this here and haven't received too much response about it, but reading over XDA forums, it seems that someone there posted the same and people followed the suggestions and most, if not all people that have disabled VoLTE have managed to get rid of the Cell Standby drain, together with disabling Smart Network and Scanning Always Available on the Wifi settings (2 things totally unnecessary and on by default). I know that as soon as I get my Edge on Friday these are the first things I'd disable, but any of you having the same issue can do this now and let us know here if it also worked for you.

Also, I posted something about encryption but it got buried somewhere. I was asking if somebody has decided to unencrypt the phone. As soon as Lollipop was released there were tons of complaining about lag and performance issues on most if not all Nexus devices, so much that Google decided to make the encryption optional, problem with Nexus devices is that in order to unencrypt you must full reset your device, Samsung apparently made it just a button option under Security, it takes almost an hour but it doesn't ask you to format and lose data.

I'd love to have my phone so I could make all this tests, tricks and suggestions I've been posting all along, but until Friday I depend on you guys to make this things and let us know.

Again, if you by any change are seeing lag of any kind, I'd suggest to uninstall/Disable Lookout App and see if it helps if not, to try to unencrypt your device.
    skinneejay likes this.
    04-05-2015 11:48 AM
    I posted this here and haven't received too much response about it, but reading over XDA forums, it seems that there someone posted the same and people followed the suggestions and most, if not all people that have disabled VoLTE have managed to get rid of the Cell Standby drain, together with disabling Smart Network and Scanning Always Available on the Wifi settings (2 things totally unnecessary and on by default). I know that as soon as I get my Edge on Friday these are the first things I'd disable, but any of you having the same issue can do this now and let us know here if it also worked for you.

Also, I posted something about encryption but it got buried somewhere. I was asking if somebody has decided to unencrypt the phone. As soon as Lollipop was released there were tons of complaining about lag and performance issues on most if not all Nexus devices, so much that Google decided to make the encryption optional, problem with Nexus devices is that in order to unencrypt you must full reset your device, Samsung apparently made it just a button option under Security, it takes almost an hour but it doesn't ask you to format and lose data.

I'd love to have my phone so I could make all this tests, tricks and suggestions I've been posting all along, but until Friday I depend on you guys to make this things and let us know.

Again, if you by any change are seeing lag of any kind, I'd suggest to uninstall/Disable Lookout App and see if it helps if not, to try to unencrypt your device.
    Nice post. I've added all these things to my to do (if necessary) list on Friday when I get the phone.
    04-05-2015 11:58 AM
    One more thing for you that will buy or already have the Edge but are in this forum reading threads, this one affects only the Edge ones.

According to GSM Arena, and their newest article about S6 and Edge battery life (Here), having the Night Clock and People Edge features will consume a lot of your battery and mostly on Standby Mode, having to let it on all the time waiting for any geature or to show the information will consume a lot of your battery, so if you are like me that will not any of those, just turn both off and it should help you with your battery life.

Read the article. BTW, very good battery life according to them.
    04-05-2015 12:16 PM
    And so does my note3, and i live in a small town, which I don't think has Vo lte.
    04-05-2015 12:55 PM
    If you disable volte does it man you can't do simultaneous voice and data even on T-Mobile?
    04-06-2015 07:47 AM
    If you disable volte does it man you can't do simultaneous voice and data even on T-Mobile?
    You can do both with VoLTE turned off on T-Mobile and AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-06-2015 08:16 AM
    I believe that will be the case on Verizon if this is not fixed before the Verizon phones are released.
    04-06-2015 08:28 AM
    You can do both with VoLTE turned off on T-Mobile and AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Oh, I see... then what does VoLTE do on Tmobile when turned on? Nothing?
    04-06-2015 10:30 AM
    Oh, I see... then what does VoLTE do on Tmobile when turned on? Nothing?
    VoLTE - how to use it and why you should | Android Central
    onthecouchagain likes this.
    04-06-2015 05:14 PM
    So which one was more culprit for battery drain of T-mo S6, WiFi calling or VoLTE? Are they on by default?
    04-06-2015 09:37 PM
    I think it is because of the VOLTE as any kind of voice usage on handset drains battery very fast but there should be certain standard time. Sometimes it goes low in two to three hours which is sign of a problem.
    04-07-2015 02:16 AM
    If I see cell standby get too high I can try turning it off. It is under the phone options.
    Where is this option located?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it in in the Dialer. Click 'More' at top right and the it will be in the options.

Doesn't T-Mobile use VoLTE for HD calling though?
    04-07-2015 09:45 AM
    Where is this option located?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it in in the Dialer. Click 'More' at top right and the it will be in the options.

Doesn't T-Mobile use VoLTE for HD calling though?
    They do not. HD Calling was around before they had VoLTE.
    MarqBland likes this.
    04-07-2015 12:16 PM
    I can't seem to find a setting for the cell standby on my ATT S6.... where is it?
    04-10-2015 08:58 PM
    hey dude! i have this same problem and i downloaded this wifi standby kick app and it just knocks the cell standby right off the battery drainers list. So try it out and maybe we have a temporary solution!
    04-29-2015 05:24 PM
    How do you turn off the VoLTE on the AT&T version?

Edit: never mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-30-2015 10:17 AM
    Turning off Smart Scanning and VoLTE made a huge difference for me! Now this phone is basically perfect!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    05-01-2015 07:47 PM