04-06-2015 02:14 PM
49 12
tools
    I'm still planning on getting an S6 in a month.

However, every major phone release has message boards filled with this & that problem, it doesn't matter who manufactures it. I saw plenty of those posts looking at iPhone forums when I got one on release date.

I don't try to read too much into what I read on complaint threads. I've read hundreds of complaint threads over the years and have experienced a tiny fraction of the "problems" that I've read about.
    There's cause for concern when every review unit is doing the same things, too, but that just isn't the case here. Some people just think their experience translates into reality even when it's obvious it doesn't.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2015 05:27 PM
    I agree with you and share your concern. I don't want to have to "manage" my phone. My life is chaotic enough.
    Get use to it you bought a android.
    04-04-2015 05:46 PM
    Well that escalated quickly....

But seriously I didn't want to cause a debate I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't spend hours on end checking which apps were draining battery, or switching setting on/off. I don't even wanna talk about flashing roms cause thats not gonna happen. I already ordered it so I'll give it a shot. Worse case scenario is I hate it and I'll just swap it later for an iPhone 6 or whatever Microsoft releases this month.
    04-04-2015 06:09 PM
    I wouldn't tell someone to be worried about purchasing a phone when clearly not everyone is having the same issues as I am. I'd share my experience with them, but I'd also mention it's important to keep in perspective that the vast majority of people who've reviewed this phone haven't had the same issues. I'd let them draw their own conclusion from there. Guess we go about it differently.

Either way, OP, these issues aren't happening on every device.

Very good logic...
    Agree with you

Sent using Tapatalk
    04-04-2015 06:18 PM
    $600 for the base model.
    There's no rush to run out and get it.
    Unless you NEED it.
    04-04-2015 06:48 PM
    Well that escalated quickly....

But seriously I didn't want to cause a debate I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't spend hours on end checking which apps were draining battery, or switching setting on/off. I don't even wanna talk about flashing roms cause thats not gonna happen. I already ordered it so I'll give it a shot. Worse case scenario is I hate it and I'll just swap it later for an iPhone 6 or whatever Microsoft releases this month.
    In the end, you have got to decide what's best for you but now that you've heard a few comments, do your research and make a choice. We can't make up your mind for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.
    04-04-2015 08:17 PM
    No, you shouldn't be worried.

From what I've heard, unless you use microSD cards and/or removable batteries often, the S6 is a pretty good phone and Samsung's best yet (subjective to opinions, however.)

TouchWiz is still love it-hate it, but from my testing, while it lagged a bit more than I'd like, it lags far less than earlier versions, so this is the snappiest version yet, despite coming with 56 apps pre-loaded, which you can disable if you don't need them.

Take your time. There is no rush to buy one. Play with one several times in a store, read up on user experiences with the device and make the decision yourself. Note that some devices might be defective and does not translate to the experience for the others.
    04-05-2015 03:37 AM
    Reading these forums has me a bit worried about my S6 purchase. It seems like every time an issue pops up the common reply is "well did you disable this" or "you need to turn this off". I currently use a WP as my personal device and a iPhone for work and its 99% of the time just works on both without much tinkering. My concern is am I going to constantly be battling with settings on this phone. Which for a $900 + device I find unappealing. I know android is know for lack of speedy updates so I'm guessing fixes don't come quickly. Should I be worried?
    Welcome to android! But seriously, I don't think you have much to worry about but as someone else said you should think about your purchase.

Android appears to have issues because apps are essentially greater access to system resources. With this comes more personalization options, more robust multitasking, power and system control. It also brings apps that aren't sandboxed like iOS. So an app that isn't opened by you could be doing things in the background that causes slow down or other issues.

If you install stuff from the playstore from known devs, you should be more than fine. Again, I wouldn't worry too much.
    04-05-2015 03:46 AM
    please don't tell me they don't fix their bugs quickly!!! I, too am also very worried that I paid way too much for a phone for my business, and I won't be able to use it for my business due to stupid problems.
    Inders99 likes this.
    04-05-2015 10:11 AM
    I made my decision on the Note2 based on what I read here. Lots of posts praising it. So I bought it. Great phone.
    Now there's lots of praise about the Note4, so that'll most likely be my next purchase.
    If people are posting issues, it's because they're having issues. Yes, you can base your purchase based on what you read in these forums.
    Agreed. I actually get a better overall rating of a phone on forums than I do reading the customer ratings on smartphone retailer websites. I especially pay close attention to XDA as well. If any techie community can uncover and pinpoint problems, they can.
    04-05-2015 10:38 AM
    No, you shouldn't be worried.

From what I've heard, unless you use microSD cards and/or removable batteries often, the S6 is a pretty good phone and Samsung's best yet (subjective to opinions, however.)

TouchWiz is still love it-hate it, but from my testing, while it lagged a bit more than I'd like, it lags far less than earlier versions, so this is the snappiest version yet, despite coming with 56 apps pre-loaded, which you can disable if you don't need them.

Take your time. There is no rush to buy one. Play with one several times in a store, read up on user experiences with the device and make the decision yourself. Note that some devices might be defective and does not translate to the experience for the others.
    I posted here about encryption but it got buried somewhere. I was asking if somebody has decided to unencrypt the phone, as soon as Lollipop was released there were tons of complaining about lag and performance issues on most if not all Nexus devices, so much that Google decided to make the encryption optional, problem with nexus devices is that in order to unencrypt you must full reset your device, Samsung apparently made it just a button option under Security, it takes almost an hour but it doesn't ask you to format and lose data.

I'd love to have my phone so I could make all this tests, tricks and suggestions I've been posting all along, but until friday I depend on you guys to make this things and let us know.

Again, if you by any change are seeing lag of any kind, I'd suggest to uninstall/Disable Lookout App and see if it helps if not, to try to unencrypt your device.
    04-05-2015 11:40 AM
    I posted here about encryption but it got buried somewhere. I was asking if somebody has decided to unencrypt the phone, as soon as Lollipop was released there were tons of complaining about lag and performance issues on most if not all Nexus devices, so much that Google decided to make the encryption optional, problem with nexus devices is that in order to unencrypt you must full reset your device, Samsung apparently made it just a button option under Security, it takes almost an hour but it doesn't ask you to format and lose data.

I'd love to have my phone so I could make all this tests, tricks and suggestions I've been posting all along, but until friday I depend on you guys to make this things and let us know.

Again, if you by any change are seeing lag of any kind, I'd suggest to uninstall/Disable Lookout App and see if it helps if not, to try to unencrypt your device.
    I'm almost certain the S6 comes unencrypted. Google realized the error of their ways with that and are not requiring the devices to ship that way.

04-05-2015 11:44 AM
    I'm almost certain the S6 comes unencrypted. Google realized the error of their ways with that and are not requiring the devices to ship that way.

It may be possible, and obviously I'm not sure as I don't have my device yet, but I think I read somewhere that the optional encryption began with 5.1, so I assumed that 5.0.2 still ships encrypted from factory. Can someone check their security settings to see if it's encrypted or not?
    04-05-2015 11:51 AM
    Reading these forums has me a bit worried about my S6 purchase. It seems like every time an issue pops up the common reply is "well did you disable this" or "you need to turn this off". I currently use a WP as my personal device and a iPhone for work and its 99% of the time just works on both without much tinkering. My concern is am I going to constantly be battling with settings on this phone. Which for a $900 + device I find unappealing. I know android is know for lack of speedy updates so I'm guessing fixes don't come quickly. Should I be worried?
    So you have a personal and a work phone that fits your life. I dont see any reason getting an s6 now.

04-05-2015 12:07 PM

It does come unencrypted. I checked that early on thinking the encryption may have been an issue.
    04-05-2015 01:30 PM
    If you totally listen to the forums and the internet reviews you wouldn't buy anything.

Take it with a grain of salt.

And don't be scared to buy a S6.
    If there is a bug it will be worked out with a software update.
    Inders99 and jcp007 like this.
    04-05-2015 02:15 PM
    Yes, take the bad you read with a grain of salt. Take the good you read as gospel.
    All the reviews I read that I like said the the S6 rocks!
    04-05-2015 02:37 PM
    There's cause for concern when every review unit is doing the same things, too, but that just isn't the case here. Some people just think their experience translates into reality even when it's obvious it doesn't.

Well, battery issues with the S6 have been pretty widely reported. It's not just a few isolated experiences. Is it a cause for panic? No. So far it has only been released on Tmobile so let's wait for the wider release and see what happens. But is it a cause for concern? Absolutely.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    04-05-2015 05:33 PM
    Well, battery issues with the S6 have been pretty widely reported. It's not just a few isolated experiences. Is it a cause for panic? No. So far it has only been released on Tmobile so let's wait for the wider release and see what happens. But is it a cause for concern? Absolutely.
    I'm talking about the extreme battery loss where you're getting 2-2 1/2 hours on screen and less than 10 hours. That doesn't seem to the case for most people. Also the "My S6 lags" thing, too, since people who review the devices for a living, who've used other Android/Apple/Windows phones, aren't having that issue and find the phone to be very quick.

There's just a few people, and it happens with every phone, who aren't having a good experience and instead of just sharing said experience, they act as if it's indicative of how all the phones will run. Even when they're clearly in the minority. That's all I was saying.

04-05-2015 06:29 PM
    The closer we get to this Friday, the more positive the reviews and battery life results. Let's hope the trend continues to be even better.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    04-05-2015 06:48 PM
    I'm talking about the extreme battery loss where you're getting 2-2 1/2 hours on screen and less than 10 hours. That doesn't seem to the case for most people. Also the "My S6 lags" thing, too, since people who review the devices for a living, who've used other Android/Apple/Windows phones, aren't having that issue and find the phone to be very quick.

There's just a few people, and it happens with every phone, who aren't having a good experience and instead of just sharing said experience, they act as if it's indicative of how all the phones will run. Even when they're clearly in the minority. That's all I was saying.

As much as you want to be in denial, it's not just a few people. Another thread just started here on terrible battery life. Cell standby time is horrible. All the forums are reporting the same thing. You can keep insisting it's only a few people if it makes you feel better. But this is obviously a widespread problem. It might just be the T-Mobile version or it might not. We will have to wait and see.
    04-05-2015 10:25 PM
    As much as you want to be in denial, it's not just a few people. Another thread just started here on terrible battery life. Cell standby time is horrible. All the forums are reporting the same thing. You can keep insisting it's only a few people if it makes you feel better. But this is obviously a widespread problem. It might just be the T-Mobile version or it might not. We will have to wait and see.
    You're ignoring what I'm saying. There is clearly an issue here, but the severity that some people are reporting is in the minority. I'm not going to discount countless reviews, some of which are done by people I talk to regularly, just because some people on a forum aren't happy with their battery life.

This is a Lollipop issue that's been present for awhile. The phone hasn't even technically launched yet. It's one carrier. Pardon me for telling people the sky isn't falling.

04-05-2015 10:49 PM
    Could you also be in denial? Why would ask a question like that? Are you a medical professional? Rather than casting aspersions, let's focus om the issue. There isn't enough information to definitively diagnose the problem. Is it possible that cause of the battery drop off be a bad battery? More and more reviews are using retail devices and the tide appears to be turning in the direction opposite to those trying to point out isolated cases. In terms of millions of devices sold, the sheer number even all thread posts combined on individual issues is still a very small percentage.
    04-05-2015 10:55 PM
    So T mobile in the U.S. has already release the Samsung Galaxy S6.

We don't have any Tmobiles around here. Their phones don't work.
    At Best Buy you can't get them till they send you a email stating to come and get your preordered phone.

I have played with the S6 in Best Buy. Didn't notise the battery going down. And we had a class on the S6 for an hour.
    04-06-2015 02:14 PM
49 12