Should i be worried??

ballaonnabudget

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Reading these forums has me a bit worried about my S6 purchase. It seems like every time an issue pops up the common reply is "well did you disable this" or "you need to turn this off". I currently use a WP as my personal device and a iPhone for work and its 99% of the time just works on both without much tinkering. My concern is am I going to constantly be battling with settings on this phone. Which for a $900 + device I find unappealing. I know android is know for lack of speedy updates so I'm guessing fixes don't come quickly. Should I be worried?

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Reading these forums has me a bit worried about my S6 purchase. It seems like every time an issue pops up the common reply is "well did you disable this" or "you need to turn this off". I currently use a WP as my personal device and a iPhone for work and its 99% of the time just works on both without much tinkering. My concern is am I going to constantly be battling with settings on this phone. Which for a $900 + device I find unappealing. I know android is know for lack of speedy updates so I'm guessing fixes don't come quickly. Should I be worried?

I agree with you and share your concern. I don't want to have to "manage" my phone. My life is chaotic enough.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't worry about the gs6 from what I've read it's a beast not sure where your hearing about folks having problems the phone is not even out yet except for a few T mobile phones very limited just do yourself a favor a go play with the phone at your local carrier and make up your own mind

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

When you see in this forums, disable this and do that is simply trying to identify what may be wrong with the specific device or try to know if it's a bug that can affect all devices. Then we must let Samsung and the carrier know so they can fix it.

Not the ideal situation but if we are already involved in the issue we should do something about it if not the only option is to go back and return it for another one and hope the new one is good.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
No, you don't need to be worried.
But you do need to think your new purchase through.
You're going to hear some who will tell you to dismiss the bad you hear, and some who'll tell you the good posted is gospel.
Is the phone your using now broken?
If not, use these forums to your advantage.
It may not be enough just trying it in the store for 15 mins. Otherwise you may allow the wow factor to dismiss your practical side.
I've been a long time late adapter.
When I read in these forums from multiple users such and such, it ends up being such and such. Plain and simple.

yaddam205

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
It's only a problem if you think is. You're on an Android specific forum. Most people on here are going to be power users and like to tinker. Power users want everything about their device to be perfect, and have top performance. So, when you read complaints about specific issues it's not really a concern for 90% of users out there. You don't NEED to disable anything if you don't want.

Run the device stock out of the box and you will be happy with it. Samsung makes a phone with tens of millions of users in mind. They aren't going to release something that's so **** poor it can't perform well on first boot up.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
People here will also say people here are a small percentage of what is really happening with the big percentage of people out there.
But remember, this is just a small percentage of people who think they know what the big percentage thinks.
The majority of people think and feel the way the small minority of people here think the majority think and feel. :-/

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of the biggest worry wart about battery life on this phone. Yet, most are seeing an improvement with a possible bug on T-Mobile and updated reviews with retail products are also showing an improvement.

With that said, I just pre-ordered the phone 10 mins ago and now it's time to order some cases.

Just order it and try it yourself. You got 14 days and can always return it.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The battery should be a non issue. Look at the tech specs. The screen puts out less watts on all brightness settings compared to s5. Less power means better battery life. Just because it's not a bigger battery doesn't mean anything, efficiency is key.

Michael Clark

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes 3rd party apps don't play well with stock apps or other 3rd party apps so we all try to help triage an issue to get someone back on the road to happiness. Its really no different than with BlackBerry, WindowsPhone, iOS, etc.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
People here will also say people here are a small percentage of what is really happening with the big percentage of people out there.
But remember, this is just a small percentage of people who think they know what the big percentage thinks.
The majority of people think and feel the way the small minority of people here think the majority think and feel. :-/

:: mind... blown::

Posted via Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
If you want any new piece of electronics to work perfectly right away then don't be an early adopter. Almost every device has a few kinks to be worked out initially. If you don't want to deal with them, wait a month or so before buying the phone.

Nice N Sticky

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
If you want any new piece of electronics to work perfectly right away then don't be an early adopter. Almost every device has a few kinks to be worked out initially. If you don't want to deal with them, wait a month or so before buying the phone.

Sad but true. Very rarely if ever do you see a new tech product get released with zero issues. The good news about this phone is that it seems as if mostly everything is software related. There is hope!

lando43

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
If you are going to worry for what you read in this forum or any other forum then you'll never going to buy a phone again

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
If you are going to worry for what you read in this forum or any other forum then you'll never going to buy a phone again

I made my decision on the Note2 based on what I read here. Lots of posts praising it. So I bought it. Great phone.
Now there's lots of praise about the Note4, so that'll most likely be my next purchase.
If people are posting issues, it's because they're having issues. Yes, you can base your purchase based on what you read in these forums.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Nope. Watch the DetroitBorg hands on review video that I included in the hands on thread that I started and the tips and tricks thread started by another user. He is really through. Watch it a couple of times and you should be fine. If you still have questions, there are plenty of great folks to help out here in this forum.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

Sorry to say, but you are right. You should be worried.

I just came back to the Android world because I was VERY excited about the S6 edge and see the incredible promise of it. It has some stellar features - magnificent screen, incredible build quality, outstanding fingerprint sensor, etc. But with two major problems (battery life, especially on Standby, and lag), I've had a cacophony of insistent responses back to me this past week to "turn this off", "lower screen brightness" ,"disable this" ,"remove that bloat", etc.

Honestly, I haven't had to try to manage and troubleshoot a phone like this in years (and, none of that worked anyway since there is a software issue that needs a quick address before the big launch next week). No need to touch any major settings in Blackberry, Windows Phone or iPhone, unless you want to customize, and all had outstanding battery life and no lag out of the box.

Not to say that Apple hasn't had its share of issues with software releases (Lord knows), but you can at least count on Apple to issue an immediate patch (often within just a few days) to address critical issues. They are fabulous at that and making the user experience seamless and easy so you are not managing and worrying about the phone all the time but actually using it.

I'm not as optimistic that Google/Samsung are on it like Apple usually is and I've reported my issues to T-Mobile and they said there's nothing they can do but note it (again) and ask Google for a battery and lag fix (again).

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to say, but you are right. You should be worried.

I just came back to the Android world because I was VERY excited about the S6 edge and see the incredible promise of it. It has some stellar features - magnificent screen, incredible build quality, outstanding fingerprint sensor, etc. But with two major problems (battery life, especially on Standby, and lag), I've had a cacophony of insistent responses back to me this past week to "turn this off", "lower screen brightness" ,"disable this" ,"remove that bloat", etc.

Honestly, I haven't had to try to manage and troubleshoot a phone like this in years (and, none of that worked anyway since there is a software issue that needs a quick address before the big launch next week). No need to touch any major settings in Blackberry, Windows Phone or iPhone, unless you want to customize, and all had outstanding battery life and no lag out of the box.

Not to say that Apple hasn't had its share of issues with software releases (Lord knows), but you can at least count on Apple to issue an immediate patch (often within just a few days) to address critical issues. They are fabulous at that and making the user experience seamless and easy so you are not managing and worrying about the phone all the time but actually using it.

I'm not as optimistic that Google/Samsung are on it like Apple usually is and I've reported my issues to T-Mobile and they said there's nothing they can do but note it (again) and ask Google for a battery and lag fix (again).

You are one person with one device on one carrier. Your battery drain has seemingly been worse than most. Your experience with the software is generally worse than most. Every time you say the software is laggy, 10 reviews go up specifically saying it isn't. For every day you have significant battery drain that's clearly not normal, 10 reviews go up with significantly better battery life than what you're showing.

You're one person with one experience. An experience that is still in the minority. He shouldn't be worried about purchasing a phone, probably on a different carrier, because you've had a bad experience.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Not just me, not even close...lots of others users on Android Central are reporting the same issues as well as on XDA Developers. Yes, we're all T-Mobile users. We'll all know much more on Friday when the general release happens, that's for sure.