04-05-2015 03:48 AM
27 12
tools
    I'm pretty certain that specific parts of a phone (especially the middle) won't experience that much pressure exerted solely on that side if we talk about real-world conditions.

If anything, what people have told me is that if you put your phone in your back pocket and sit on it, the pressure is distributed all over the device rather than a specific part.

This is why you don't see every phone bent in such a way caused by tight pockets. It's hard to bend a phone like that unless you either;

1) Purposely exert that amount of force with your bare hands if you're strong enough
    2) Put it in that machine

It's not impossible to bend a phone but it is pretty much impossible to do so unknowingly.
    And for these tests this article still stands..

http://www.theverge.com/tldr/2015/4/...name-here-gate

The whole bend tests were never a thing till the 6. So to me it's ridiculous. I never bent any phone... I using my 6+. Ever.. No matter the circumstance.
    D13H4RD2L1V3 likes this.
    04-05-2015 03:43 AM
    And for these tests this article still stands..

Does the _______ have a _______ problem? | The Verge

The whole bend tests were never a thing till the 6. So to me it's ridiculous. I never bent any phone... I using my 6+. Ever.. No matter the circumstance.
    Probably due to the insane popularity of the iPhone and how it gets picked up by news outlets almost immediately. I mean, come on. Things like this drive up view counts.

To me, I never really understood the point. If you don't know basic physics and pressure, these phones look weak. In actuality, they're more than strong enough to withstand daily use and abuse. The thing you should be worried about is either battery life or whether the screen is durable. Not "is it easy to bend".
    04-05-2015 03:48 AM
27 12