I just came back from looking at the S6 and S6 Edge here in Spain.

Now, before I begin it is important to note that I am a lover of tech and not a fanboy of any brand. I own the Note 4, Z3 Compact and iPhone 6 Plus. All great in their own way.

There is no doubt that these two new Samsung phones are going to be big hits. In saying that, to be honest I expect the phone to have a more premium feel given the materials. I know the phone is made of premium materials, I just found the phones to be too light. I do not want a paperweight for a phone but do like a bit of weight to make feel those premium materials and like I got the best out of my dollars lol.

If I had to pick between the two, gimmicky in a way and all I would pick the S6 Edge. It had the better feel.

Do not get me wrong, these phones are awesome and will be a major hit this year. This is just a personal observation I made while checking them out today.

Screens look great, camera based on a few snaps in store looks awesome. No lag but that typical Samsung lag normally comes after some initial use or until I download a launcher lol.

All the best!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2015 07:55 AM
    The phone lives in my pocket for most of the day, light weight and size are important for me. We all have different factors that drive us to products, I'm going to try to hold out for the G4 but from what is going around now it won't be the phone for me. If I wind up with the Sammy then many of the bugs will be worked out by then.
    04-04-2015 08:16 AM
    Completely understand. All the devices you've stated are either phablets or have a big battery to give it weight. This phone is designed to be small and light though. I personally like a bit of weight too, but I don't have any interest in a phablet. I wish they made it a few mm thicker and put on a nice battery though to give it some heft and make it useful for power users, but I understand that's not what the average person wants. I still think the phone will be great and I'm buying it.

You already have some awesome phones. If I were you I'd just hold off for the Note 5. It should be spectacular.
    BobR1908 likes this.
    04-04-2015 08:37 AM
    It is very light. You adjust. I am used to it now .
    BobR1908, jcp007 and 20blks like this.
    04-04-2015 10:10 AM
    Thought both felt great in the hand but the GS6 has a better, more premium feel in the hand. The Edge chambered bezels had a more awkward feel but still good. Moreover, because of the limited edge functionality and possible battery drain issues, cost and practicality won out over aesthetics or the novelty feature.
    04-04-2015 10:51 AM
    Completely understand. All the devices you've stated are either phablets or have a big battery to give it weight. This phone is designed to be small and light though. I personally like a bit of weight too, but I don't have any interest in a phablet. I wish they made it a few mm thicker and put on a nice battery though to give it some heft and make it useful for power users, but I understand that's not what the average person wants. I still think the phone will be great and I'm buying it.

You already have some awesome phones. If I were you I'd just hold off for the Note 5. It should be spectacular.
    Z3 Compact a phablet? LOL

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2015 01:41 PM