Why aren't I receiving Gmail push notifications on the Galaxy S6?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey, Pooper Scooper, Did you note 5 have the push notifications working Fine when you first set up the phone and did they all stop working after a week or so? Just got the Note 5 in and I'm sitting on razor blades waiting for the Push Notifications to come in.
Are yours working? Did you do the fix from thus thread?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Haha. I hear ya man. That's what has kept me away so far. If I can get more proof that it's working, I may be in. That's such a sick phone, otherwise.

Yea, I could not hold off any longer, ordered up the 64GB from Verizon and received it yesterday. Just pray the notifications keep working.:p

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I could not hold off any longer, ordered up the 64GB from Verizon and received it yesterday. Just pray the notifications keep working.
I'm going to test the Moto X first, and if I don't like it I'm going to try to hunt down a Note 5. Hope yours holds up on the notifications!

Allen Gregg

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey, Pooper Scooper, Did you note 5 have the push notifications working Fine when you first set up the phone and did they all stop working after a week or so? Just got the Note 5 in and I'm sitting on razor blades waiting for the Push Notifications to come in.

Actually, yes, it did seem to work for well, a few HOURS after I got it. Then stopped. No new apps or changes made during that time, too. Worked very briefly I think, then stopped and it went down from there.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I sent a few test emails to my Gmail (Google Apps) account, while my SGN5 was in 'sleep mode'. Within 30 seconds or so, I received notifications. Normally, I wouldn't; maybe this is now resolved?

Albeit, I've since removed my GMail account, and will simply stick with using my Outlook.com account. It just seems to work...

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the restart the phone as it was stuck in landscape mode. I did receive one Gmail notification this morning. I'll put some more testing into it later today. There is really no easy fix for the notification problems.
That sucks. I haven't activated mine yet, but this is worrisome. This phone is so awesome aside from that. There isn't another Android phone out that I want.

soleil14

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Note 5 920C. Gmail push notifications stopped working after 3 weeks. I dont know what to do now. It's very frustating. I don't want to reset my phone.

blacks0ull

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I had these issues with the sync of Gmail and I'm still having them, if I'm not applying the following workaround:

Enter in GMAIL app, then go to Settings for the account/accounts that you are having configured inside the APP and then click on

Inbox sound & vibrate and now is the tricky thing that it will solve your problem

UNCHECK (if it is checked already) the following option

Notifi for every message - UNCHECK this option and then test the push function by sending an e-mail to your address.

Tell me if now is working fine!

Thanks!
Andrei

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-30-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-30-51.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-31-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-31-02.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-31-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-31-06.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-31-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-31-09.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 27

TiKaBo

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Not receiving Gmail push notifications on Galaxy S6

You are my hero!!! This worked perfectly! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

TiKaBo

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Not receiving Gmail push notifications on Galaxy S6

I have an S6 edge. I had the same exact problem as the OP after migrating my info from my old S3. All notifications worked expect the Gmail ones.

I got around resetting my phone, see below:

-Open Gmail app
-Settings for app
-Select your email account
-Make sure sync Gmail is checked (mine was)
-Select days of mail to sync, change to desired setting
-Select Manage Labels *important*
Here is where mine wasn't right. Go over this list, set days to sync for what you want here (like the primary inbox, mine wasn't set to sync!)

Even doing this, it's not going to work right away - it needs time to sync up.

I suggest doing this just to make sure it does it:
-Settings in your phone
-Personal section , then select accounts
-Select Google
-Select your Gmail account
It should show Gmail syncing
-Turn Gmail sync off, then turn it back on

When it's finished syncing this time (may take awhile) - - your notifications should start working again!

Some of these steps may not be needed, but it worked for me. I made an account to share the info!

You are my hero!!! This worked perfectly! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
It is not a problem with your Galaxy S6.
Your can get notification by adding thease settings to your gmail account..
Please go to gmail account sine_in and follow followings.
gmail->settings->Forwarding and POP/IMAP->select Enable POP for all mail this option,select Enable IMAP and click on save changes button to save your new settings.
Hope now your are out of trouble.
Thank you.
Have a nice day.:):)

Green Samot

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It is not a problem with your Galaxy S6.
Your can get notification by adding thease settings to your gmail account..
Please go to gmail account sine_in and follow followings.
gmail->settings->Forwarding and POP/IMAP->select Enable POP for all mail this option,select Enable IMAP and click on save changes button to save your new settings.
Hope now your are out of trouble.
Thank you.
Have a nice day.:):)

Well done that man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781