Will you stick with Touchwiz? Or will u use another Launcher?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Just to reiterate:

The only things you lose by going to a third party launcher are:

1) My Magazine
2) Weather widget

Every other feature and widget is still available regardless of launcher. Even "OK Google" from any homescreen is available in Nova. Meanwhile, Nova has a multitude of options that aren't available in TW. Gestures and secondary swipe actions are indispensable to me and allow me to stay on my main homescreen 99% of the time.

EDIT: Theming the launcher screens may be disabled, but I am not sure.

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I always stick with touchwiz but have played around with a few launchers here and there. I think I'll definitely stick with Touch Wiz, can't wait to see how some of the built in themes look!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Much more customization with the third party launchers. I usually try touch wiz for all of a few minutes before "meh" sets in.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd love some more feedback on the GN Launcher with the S6. How does it look and function on the S6? Is it a different look than on pure (nexus/moto) devices?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I know earlier I said I am sticking with TW but soon I may try Nova again (I have prime for it) to see how it feels / looks on the phone. as "itguyjax" said I forgot about the gestures you can assign .. which are nice.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I am sticking with TouchWiz for now. I like that you can change the themes. Hope Samsung or third party developers add more themes. The ones they have in the theme store (with the exception being the Avengers theme) are even too girly and childish for me.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll be giving Touchwiz a fair shot. I want to use it for a week or so and see how it goes.

If it doesn't work out, no big deal, can just move to Nova or something. From what I gather, the double tap home button to launch the camera is a system feature that will work regardless of what launcher you have on.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Nova Prime. I like using the theme to change the back end stuff. But Nova is the best.

7a12cedcfb3b6293fb4617e8c4686800.jpg

Nelson Guerrero

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I was using the Google Now Launcher since I received the phone, but I think it slows down the phone. The recents button is very slow when I have the google now launcher as my default and when I close all apps it takes like a second or two to load the home screen back up.

I just switched back to Touchwiz and the recents button is fast again and no more lag when closing all.

I am not sure what exactly was causing it though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay