I'm looking for a good portable battery for my S6. Can anyone give me any recommendations?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-05-2015 04:18 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=509048

That link might help you with buying a few items besides a portable battery.

smooth4lyfe likes this.
    04-05-2015 04:53 PM
    Anker and Hyperion are good manufacturers. Which one you want depends on your use. Since you should never let the battery get below 40%, either the one in the phone or the one in the portable pack, divide 60% of the external battery's capacity 60% by 60% of your phone's batteryyour phone's battery (60% of 2550 is 1530) to calculate how many charges you get from one charge of the portable battery.
    04-05-2015 04:53 PM
    In that thread that's linked there's a pic of what appears to be a wireless charging pad. Not one you have to plug in, but a battery pack that you can sit your phone on to charge. Is there such a thing?
    04-05-2015 05:36 PM
    In that thread that's linked there's a pic of what appears to be a wireless charging pad. Not one you have to plug in, but a battery pack that you can sit your phone on to charge. Is there such a thing?
    Amazon.com: [2-in-1 Gen-2] MobilePal™ Gen-2 Slim 10000mAh Qi Wireless Power Bank with 2-in-1 Lightning + Micro-USB Cable and Leatherette Paint Finish / Qi Wireless Charging Pad + Portable External Battery Pack / Fast and Smart Charging with 2A Inpu

Although I'm not sure I understand the appeal. You still have to carry it around and it will charge a lot slower than a wired one and I'm sure there is a lot more battery loss due to the wireless charging. Has really good reviews though so maybe I'm in the minority.
    04-05-2015 05:48 PM
    If I could find something that fits in my pocket the size of a Swappable Battery, that doesn't need an external power source when I'm mobile, something like that might alleviate some of my Swappable Battery concerns.
    Right now I just carry an extra battery that I swap out mid-day and I'm good until I go to bed. If a portable battery pack is no bigger than a spare battery, then that might be workable for me.
    04-05-2015 05:59 PM
    According to my experience JolyJoy power banks are perfect in use yet stylish along with one year warranty. besides that fully protected against overheating, overcharging and short circuit issues. ultra slim design can easily fit into my pocket. you can find it on Amazon or at their website
    04-27-2015 10:20 PM
    Amazon.com: [2-in-1 Gen-2] MobilePal™ Gen-2 Slim 10000mAh Qi Wireless Power Bank with 2-in-1 Lightning + Micro-USB Cable and Leatherette Paint Finish / Qi Wireless Charging Pad + Portable External Battery Pack / Fast and Smart Charging with 2A Inpu

Although I'm not sure I understand the appeal. You still have to carry it around and it will charge a lot slower than a wired one and I'm sure there is a lot more battery loss due to the wireless charging. Has really good reviews though so maybe I'm in the minority.
    Steve I own the Anker (2nd Gen 13000MaH) and it puts out the same amps as the wall charger and charges my phone and tablet at the same speed as if it was plugged in the wall. It's great for traveling when you are in a bind.

20blks likes this.
    04-28-2015 12:02 AM
    Here is the exact model http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CEZ...cUvbUpU4391351

It is by far the best looking and best build quality and charging speed I have owned and fits (bulky) in my pocket when I'm on the go. Trust me you would never regret using this company.

BioFanatic likes this.
    04-28-2015 12:06 AM
    Here is the exact model http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CEZ...cUvbUpU4391458

It is by far the best looking and best build quality and charging speed I have owned and fits (bulky) in my pocket when I'm on the go. Trust me you would never regret using this company.

Does this suppose quick charging? I'm reading it's description and it says it requires some sort of adapter to push out 2 amps? (Not sure how much output the samsung quick charger puts out)

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk
    04-28-2015 01:15 AM
    Been using Anker with my S4/Note 4/Nexus 5 and so far nothing but good experiences you should check it out
    04-28-2015 04:04 AM
    We've been using Anker with great results. great company as well.
    04-28-2015 04:46 AM
    Been using Anker here. Works great so far

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    04-28-2015 06:33 AM
    The only problem with the Anker is you have to keep your eye on it. It cuts itself off at times randomly
    04-28-2015 06:47 AM
    I wish I knew what the best battery was to use to open a portal.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy S6.
    04-28-2015 06:51 AM
    Here is the exact model Amazon.com: Anker 2nd Gen Astro3 12800mAh 3-Port 4A Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus and More (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

That looks solid. It's a little larger than some people may want, but that size/price is also great. I have an 8000mAh battery that I have taken with me on numerous trips (that's usually when I get concerned about battery and being away from a plug for full days). I typically have my messenger bag on me when traveling anyway, so it's not a concern.
    04-28-2015 09:20 AM
    04-28-2015 09:42 AM
    Right now I make sure I take an extra battery with me before I leave the house. But I can see myself adapting to a non-swappable battery if I can have a backup power source not much bigger than an extra battery.
    04-28-2015 06:10 PM
    Glad to see Anker getting so many positive comments. My 2nd Gen Astro E5 just showed up today, charging it up right now.
    04-28-2015 06:22 PM
    check out this one, I think it has everything you can expect from a good external battery pack except it could be a little bit heavy to carry, for a 12000mah capacity the price is just unbeatable Maxway® Portable Cell Phone Battery Charger Power Bank 12000mAh (Black, 7 Times Charging for iPhone5, Dual USB Output Port 1.0A and 2.1A - Two USB Devices High Speed Charging Simultaneously) For Smart Phones and Tablets
    04-29-2015 01:59 AM
    check out this one, I think it has everything you can expect from a good external battery pack except it could be a little bit heavy to carry, for a 12000mah capacity the price is just unbeatable Maxway® Portable Cell Phone Battery Charger Power Bank 12000mAh (Black, 7 Times Charging for iPhone5, Dual USB Output Port 1.0A and 2.1A - Two USB Devices High Speed Charging Simultaneously) For Smart Phones and Tablets
    I am not allowed to post a link but try to search "maxway" on amazon if you are interested in this
    04-29-2015 02:11 AM
    I would avoid no name brands and pay a little more for a well known quality product. Also, I suspect that some of the reviews were pads as there are some 5 star reviews from reviewers with just one review. Seems odd that they would review just one obscure item.

Also, be were that advertising is an instant ban offense. I am being lenient as you are a new poster,so I will give you the benefit of the doubt that this isn't your product or something that you are affiliated with.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    04-29-2015 04:15 AM
    Boy oh boy do I ever see an opportunity for Maglite.

A larger, more rugged version of this:
    Amazon.com: RAVPower 3rd Gen Mini 3200mAh Portable Charger with Ultra Bright Flashlight (External Battery Pack with iSmart Technology; Apple Cables/Adapters not included) - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Screw-on, tethered dust cap at the end with sockets. A brilliant array of LED's for the flashlight end and a simple push-button light switch. A multi-purpose tool. I would suggest additional memory, but as a tool, you run the risk of leaving on a job site... wouldn't want data left above the ceiling tile for some random tech to find.
    04-29-2015 06:57 AM