Where can I find the option to see and retry failed downloads?

A

AC Question

Where to find option to see and retry failed downloads

So I just got the new Galaxy S6 and I've finally finished uploading all of my music to Microsoft's OneDrive. As I'm downloading my music onto the phone some files fail. When I tap the notification to see where it takes me, nothing happens.

So my question is, Is there an option somewhere in a menu I don't know about or an app I don't have that will show me my failed downloads AND has the ability to retry said failed downloads?

OneDrive won't allow me to download whole folders so all my music is individual files in one folder on the phone coming from a bunch of organized directories on OneDrive. Downloading them regardless of order for some reason will change priority. I think it may download smallest files first for speed or something similar so they're actually all mixed up regardless of download request order.

I don't want to have to hunt through all my cloud directories and check back on the phone to see which songs are there and which aren't. If the history is there I should be able to see which ones failed and there should be an option to retry said download right?

Please help.

Is there any other information that I should post?

Android Version 5.0.2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Where to find option to see and retry failed downloads

Welcome to the forums. Is there an app called Downloads? The failed ones might be there.

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

So I just got the new Galaxy S6 and I've finally finished uploading all of my music to Microsoft's OneDrive. As I'm downloading my music onto the phone some files fail. When I tap the notification to see where it takes me, nothing happens.

So my question is, Is there an option somewhere in a menu I don't know about or an app I don't have that will show me my failed downloads AND has the ability to retry said failed downloads?

OneDrive won't allow me to download whole folders so all my music is individual files in one folder on the phone coming from a bunch of organized directories on OneDrive. Downloading them regardless of order for some reason will change priority. I think it may download smallest files first for speed or something similar so they're actually all mixed up regardless of download request order.

I don't want to have to hunt through all my cloud directories and check back on the phone to see which songs are there and which aren't. If the history is there I should be able to see which ones failed and there should be an option to retry said download right?

Please help.

Is there any other information that I should post?

Android Version 5.0.2

I can't find one either...I had a movie download fail, for the life of me, I cannot find any download manager, or anything. The same goes for attempting to kill and in-progress download...tap the progress bar, nothing happens...

I'm running an HTC One (m7) on Lollipop.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

if you download from within a browser, firefox has a download manager.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

I can't find one either...I had a movie download fail, for the life of me, I cannot find any download manager, or anything. The same goes for attempting to kill and in-progress download...tap the progress bar, nothing happens...

I'm running an HTC One (m7) on Lollipop.
Good luck finding it. It is still on your device but probably has some obscure file name like 823hefwowirfewiuiu.fje8 (made it up) so even with a file management it can be impossible to find. Also you can look using a file manager that it is using a lot of space but you still don't know if 823hefwowirfewiuiu.fje8 is a important system file that if you delete can mess things up.