I'm getting terrible battery life

clsdv

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Really dissapointed with my battery life so far.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 286.jpg
    286.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 717
  • 287.jpg
    287.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 717

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That Cell Standby figure is really high. What is your signal generally like? If it's mostly poor, it will cause battery drain.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you read ALL the threads and posts regarding the same? Me alone have posted at least have a dozens of posts and even threads of suggestions to detect the issue and even settings that proved to be causing the high Cell Standby battery usage.

Please read those and most important, do what is suggested until a permanent fix comes from Samsung /T-Mobile. Turn off VoLTE option, turn off wifi calling unless you really need it, both of those maybe fixed with a software update, the Smart Network and Scanning always active on Wifi settings are not a bug just a huge battery drain without even need them.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I've already done it and my battery is still terrible

I'm in the same boat with the terrible battery life. I tried today with all edge features off, VoLTE off, Smart Network and Scanning off and ended up with 38% Cell Standby. I estimate I would have had about 3.5 hours SOT had I run the phone down to 10% which is the most I'll take my battery down to.

Nothing left in my arsenal of tricks but to wait for Google to fix the Standby drain. It's clearly related to WiFi because with WiFi off, the drain goes down to a much more reasonable 1% per hour (but, of course, that's no solution in 2015 and for a $1000 phone).

Can't wait to see other carrier S6's get into people's hands this week to understand if this is just T-Mobile or a widespread issue but there are mounting complaints on XDA Developers by lots of people with the same Standby battery drain.

Screenshot_2015-04-05-20-47-43.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-05-20-47-48.jpg

Ian Allish

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but the S6 contains a smaller battery than the S5 and my S5's battery life is awful.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes S6's battery is smaller but it is said that Samsung's chip in S6 is more energy saving compared with Qualcomm's chip in S5.

well, chip is only a small one of all battery consumers.

It you can get 4-4.5hr sot, I would call it a victory.

feihu989

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Qualcomm's chip in S5(and some other Samsung's phone) cause heating problem and that's why Samsung give up Qualcomm this time. I thought that was why Samsung use smaller battery, hope battery wouldn't become S6's biggest drawback.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am curious to see what happens when I get mine from TMobile tomorrow. It is spotty in my area, but the wifi calling was a huge draw for me. That is something I will use a lot. If this does indeed drain the battery at an alarming rate I might have to rethink getting the TMobile variant.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but the S6 contains a smaller battery than the S5 and my S5's battery life is awful.

I am with you. I never thought the S5 had good battery life and all these reviews say the S6 is worse. Im not sure what people are expecting.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
What are people considering "terrible" battery life? I've seen a lot of GSAM results posted here which seems good to me. The last posting showed 13 hrs and another estimated 5 hrs of life. That seems reasonably good to me. In my opinion, terrible battery life is when I can't make it to 10 hrs without having to charge my phone.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
What are people considering "terrible" battery life? I've seen a lot of GSAM results posted here which seems good to me. The last posting showed 13 hrs and another estimated 5 hrs of life. That seems reasonably good to me. In my opinion, terrible battery life is when I can't make it to 10 hrs without having to charge my phone.
To me, if you can't make it a full day with moderate use and still have 25-30% or more left at the end of the day then that is bad battery use. My last 2 phones were able to do that easily and go well into a 2nd day. No reason current phones should have worse battery life than their predecessors.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Turn off wifi if you can for the time being (until a fix is out) and your battery life will be very good.

View attachment 169800

This is originated from reddit, Perhaps this will soothe worries about the Galaxy S6 battery life? : Android

People has been asking the owner to show chart, which so far he has not been able to produce.

As we know, you can charge the phone to push up battery level, but as long as you don't charge to 90% or above, sot record will not be reset.

TBH, I don't believe most people can expect 7 hr sot unless they just watch local videos. I think anywhere between 3 to 5 hr sot are reasonable.