It seems like the custom view In the Galaxy S6 Contacts app is not functioning correctly. The app, which looks very similar to the stock Lollipop app, has the option of displaying a customized view. In it, you can check off what you want to display. For example, you can show contacts from Google Plus, Facebook, Waze, etc. I uncheck everything and only have My Contacts (which is a type of group in Google Contacts), and Starred in Android.

What actually gets displayed is seemingly every contact I have, or anyone that's ever emailed me.

I have a Nexus 5 also logged into the same Gmail account and it's Contacts display is perfect.

Thoughts?
    04-05-2015 11:43 PM
    It seems like the custom view In the Galaxy S6 Contacts app is not functioning correctly. The app, which looks very similar to the stock Lollipop app, has the option of displaying a customized view. In it, you can check off what you want to display. For example, you can show contacts from Google Plus, Facebook, Waze, etc. I uncheck everything and only have My Contacts (which is a type of group in Google Contacts), and Starred in Android.

What actually gets displayed is seemingly every contact I have, or anyone that's ever emailed me.

I have a Nexus 5 also logged into the same Gmail account and it's Contacts display is perfect.

Thoughts?
    Welcome to Android Central!

It looks like they have removed the extra option to check which was "only contacts with phones" I just looked in my phone and I don' t see that option anymore. It is there in my Note 4 and has been on all my other phones. I am not sure why they overlooked that.
    04-07-2015 06:50 AM
    Yeah, it's really annoying. Basically it'll show all your "contacts" which is anyone who has ever emailed or interacted with you, even newsletters.
    yschung likes this.
    04-07-2015 12:31 PM
    This is annoying me as well, I just want to see my 'My Contacts' group which is what I did on my Nexus 5 as well.

Wait for a fix or download another contacts app? :\
    04-07-2015 04:39 PM
    This is VERY annoying. Any updated, or has anyone seen another thread on this somewhere?
    04-25-2015 11:28 AM
    any updates to this? I can't make any calls in my car because most of the contacts that are pulled seem to be people that, a) I don't know or emailed once, or b)people without phone numbers. This is irritating to say the least
    yschung likes this.
    06-26-2015 11:48 AM
    Actually yes. Since Samsung wouldn't fix it, I fixed it myself. I went to Gmail Contacts then went to the section labeled all other contacts (or something, it's not exact). Basically you want to go to the list of contacts that Google just saved when you emailed them once, and not your real friends/family. Then I deleted them all. Yup. Terrible you say? Well not really. The advantage of saving contacts for EVERYONE you've ever talked to, is you could just type out "Ber..." and it'll be like "Bernard Smith?" But I'm not really Bernard Smith's friend. I just met him at a party once and maybe it would be nice to be able to email him to ask about his punch bowl. Do you know how often that scenario comes up? Pretty rare.
    jokok likes this.
    06-26-2015 11:51 AM
    yes, its very annoying. I have the same problem.
    but I can not find what you suggested in the google mail web page like: " the section labeled all other contacts (or something, it's not exact)" to delete these contacts...can you help and give more specific instructions?
    09-07-2015 11:51 PM
    I have the same annoying problem when searching a contact. It sucks.
    But I can not find where you said: "the section labeled all other contacts (or something, it's not exact)" to delete the others contacts.
    Can you please be more specific to help. Thanks.
    09-07-2015 11:58 PM