The stock alarm clock app does not show snooze or cancel button (anyway to change it?)

Nelson Guerrero

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the stock alarm clock seems very stripped down compared to the one on my note 3. Either that or I am not seeing the settings to change these things.
Here are some things that are bugging me:

- when the alarm ring there are no icons that show snooze or cancel. (just an X in the middle and you can slide left or right but no icons telling you what they do.)

- When I turn an alarm on there is no pop up that tells me in how long it will go off. (Good for when you accidently put the time in PM intead of AM you can catch it with the pop up.)

- When I turn the snooze button on in settings, I can not customize the 5- minute intervals it snoozes at.

Is there any way to change any of these??? They were in the stock alarm app for my Galaxy note 3 so I am wondering if maybe I am not seeing something.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
As far as I can find, snooze can only be 5 minutes, which the biggest shortcoming of the stock clock app. I usually do 10 minutes snoozes. As far as I know it cannot be changed.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If the stock app is limited, what does everyone recommend for a good trustworthy 3rd party Alarm app? Coming from HTC, all I've ever used is the Stock alarm that's part of Sense.

Nelson Guerrero

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
If the stock app is limited, what does everyone recommend for a good trustworthy 3rd party Alarm app? Coming from HTC, all I've ever used is the Stock alarm that's part of Sense.

Well I just bought the Alarm Clock Xtreme. It has a 4.7 rating on Google Play and I just set up my alarms and it seems very good. There is a free version and paid version of it.

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
As far as I can find, snooze can only be 5 minutes, which the biggest shortcoming of the stock clock app. I usually do 10 minutes snoozes. As far as I know it cannot be changed.

Exactly. My S4 had ability to change snooze time and the amount of snoozes total.

Samsung needs this back.

MAXXTX

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I also have this gripe. I love hitting the mic and saying (set alarm for 7am) and put down the phone. I guess Ill have to set 2 sets of alarms 10 mins apart lol

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
My complaint about the stock alarm clock is if you change the alarm tune and set it to ramp up the volume and then set a second alarm you have to change those options again for the second alarm. Any way to change the default on those options?

If I change to an alarm clock app can Google Now set the alarm for you or will that set the stock alarm clock?

Wilt-Dog

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Why have they removed very basic functionality from the clock?
I could set the snooze interval on my Nokia 3210!

The issue I have with non stock apps is that they're a lot my likely to crash, which with an alarm, could be disastrous!

Btracy72

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
If you have the snooze turned on it is there.. just not as visible as before. Right below where the time is there is a LITTLE button that say snooze, but no you can't set it for more than 5 minutes and 3 times - as far as I can tell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21