Native visual voicemail on AT&T?

ibuyufo

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Does the S6/S6 edge have built in voicemail like the iphone? My wife has an S5 and the only way to get visual voicemail is to open up the AT&T app.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Does the S6/S6 edge have built in voicemail like the iphone? My wife has an S5 and the only way to get visual voicemail is to open up the AT&T app.

I would imagine if you are going to go back with AT&T for the S6 its going to be the same. AT&T seems to load pretty much the same standard stuff on their phones.

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

In the dialer there is a voice mail button that I believe takes you to the VVM app. It's not 100% integrated into the dialer but it is pretty close.

ibuyufo

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for the info! I'm already with AT&T and I've been looking to upgrade my phone. So it was the S6 regular or edge vs. the iphone 6 + and I was hoping that android had a more integrated visual voicemail experience.
There are other aspects of the S6/edge that I really dig like that awesome camera and that gorgeous screen.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

ibuyufo

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
But you know how it is in the iPhone where the visual voicemail is built into the phone app. Why can't android do this?

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Native visual voicemail on AT&T?

But you know how it is in the iPhone where the visual voicemail is built into the phone app. Why can't android do this?
Not sure how great it works as I didn't set my voicemail up till yesterday but it is integrated in the phone app. Bottom left icon.
eb4c308771e39264be234ed111af86ac.jpg
aa62cfb5bf77bad1f81ce5f1ba2d9d1e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ibuyufo

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Native visual voicemail on AT&T?

Not sure how great it works as I didn't set my voicemail up till yesterday but it is integrated in the phone app. Bottom left icon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

One more question. Are you with AT&T?

markburns773

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
So, I hope someone here can help me out. I have a Moto X (2013) running Android 4.4.4. I have a very annoying bug. When I listen to a voicemail through the earpiece, the volume buttons do not control the volume. If I play the voicemail through the external speaker, I can ramp the volume up and down, but through the earpiece, no dice. On the screen, the volume control indicator shows that it's working. The picture of a phone is on the left and the bar moves with the button presses, but the actual volume out does not change.

Anyone know what I can do to fix?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I had to call AT&T after I upgraded via Best Buy preorder that changes had been made where I was on basic voicemail so everything was changed back so that I could resume using Visual Voicemail that I had on my GS4 and possibly GS3, not sure if they had it then.