Which S6/Edge did you/will you purchase? 32GB, 64GB, or 128 and why?

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
So I haven't purchased my S6 yet but I will next month when my contract is up. My plan is to go with the regular white S6 32GB version. The reason I don't think I'll need the extra space is because I plan on using cloud storage every so often for my pictures(which take up most of the space on my phone) I store all of my music on my iPod classic, so space for music wont be an issue.

I still wonder if I should get the 64GB version just so I'm not overly paranoid that I'll run out of space. I currently have a 16GB S4 with a 8GB memory card. In all I have about 2 gigs of space left so I'm really only using around 22 ~ 23 GBs.

So which version will y'all be getting or which version do you have and how did you decide how much space you needed?

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Preordered the Gold S6 64GB.

I like the new color and I'm used to having 64GB (OnePlus One). Also, I think the standard S6 is just a bit more safe of a device. I love the Edge, but don't feel it's worth the extra price and don't want to deal with the potential risks of a first generation iteration of the Edge.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So I haven't purchased my S6 yet but I will next month when my contract is up. My plan is to go with the regular white S6 32GB version. The reason I don't think I'll need the extra space is because I plan on using cloud storage every so often for my pictures(which take up most of the space on my phone) I store all of my music on my iPod classic, so space for music wont be an issue.

I still wonder if I should get the 64GB version just so I'm not overly paranoid that I'll run out of space. I currently have a 16GB S4 with a 8GB memory card. In all I have about 2 gigs of space left so I'm really only using around 23 ~ 23 GBs.

So which version will y'all be getting or which version do you have and how did you decide how much space you needed?

If your using 23gb now ,that's what will be available on the new one..sounds like it's gonna be tight for you.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered the gold 128gb edge on Verizon. You can never have enough storage.

One thing to take into consideration, is the camera and 4K video will eat up a lot of that free space available. On the 32gb version, you will only have around 23gb available after setting up the device. I would get the 64gb version.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered the gold 128gb edge on Verizon. You can never have enough storage.

One thing to take into consideration, is the camera and 4K video will eat up a lot of that free space available. On the 32gb version, you will only have around 23gb available after setting up the device. I would get the 64gb version.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

You're right, I didn't take any of that into consideration, 64GB it is!!

EMY92

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm going with the S6, 32GB. I currently have about 13GB used on my old S4, so the 32GB should be plenty. If the camera causes me to fill up the rest of the space, then I likely will need to delete some photos that will never been seen.

I'd like to go with the edge, but I don't see the value in paying an extra $100 for it.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll just be getting the 32gb standard Galaxy S6. Black version.

Reason being I'll be getting it on a plan and only want to pay the minimal amount I have to. Edge would be nice and 64gb/128gb storage would be even nicer, but the prices escalate far too much here in Australia.

magitek

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
64GB seemed like it would be enough for me, so that's what I bought (non-edge). I barely broke 60% capacity on my old S4 with 16+32GB.

quietkvj

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I own a 16gb s5 with a 16gb as card. And I used to get that storage almost full message a lot. However, I have been using the cloud for storage lately so I could have been fine with the 32 fb, but I went with the 64gb because it was the first available in GOLD.

Posted via the Android Central App

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the pearl white 64GB S6 edge from T-mobile. I really like the edge screen and I hope Samsung adds more features for it. I went with the 64GB so I could store some of my music on the phone and not have to rely on streaming services or cloud drives if I go to an area with poor LTE service.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
64GB Sapphire Black S6.

Likely, the 32GB would have been fine, but you never know, so I opted for 64.
I prefer the black color. I have a white S5 currently, and am looking forward to having a black phone again.

The S6 vs Edge was the toughest decision for me. The Edge looks soooo good. But, I just didn't see any advantages other than looks. Also, I like the glass screen protectors, and I think it will be tough to get one that works well with the Edge screen. In the end, I went with the regular S6.

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
32GB

I tend to delete apps that I don't need. The iPod classic supplies my music. So it should be enough space.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nice N Sticky

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I never delete pictures and have a couple thousand songs on my current phone along with quite a few apps/games and i've only used about 30gb so I went with the 64gb Edge.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Were I to allow one in my arsenal, it would be a black 64 or 128. ...gotta live with the size choice and black is just sic and sliQ.

🍶from the n.3 Monolith✒

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm still undecided on the black or white S6 (got until Friday to decide). I currently have 32GB on my HTC M7 which has been plenty, but I see myself taking more pictures and videos with the S6 so I'm leaning towards the 64GB version.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the 64GB S6. 64GB should be plenty for me. I have 48GB (16GB internal + 32GB sd card) on my current S4 and I have 18GB free. I do expect to take up a little more space when I start shooting 4k videos, but it should still be enough space.

I decided on the regular S6 (vs. the Edge) because the S6 felt better in my hand and I didn't think the coolness factor was worth $100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton