S6 vs Note4 - Better Battery life?

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I really can't decide between the note 4 and s6, for anyone who has owned owned both the note4 and s6 , which has better battery life, SOT in particular?

Posted via Android Central App

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
While some benchmarks show the S6 as having better battery life, in terms of real world usage I'm willing to bet money the Note 4 outperforms hands-down. This typically tends to be the case with phablets.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Note 4 by a big margin. The S6 can barely give me 4 hours of heavy usage while the Note 4 gives me 1.5 days of heavy usage despite its larger screen. If you buy an S6, make sure you buy an extra charger for your office and car otherwise the device will always be on low battery, just like iToys (iPhones)

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Im waiting on my S6 Edge but, before the lollipop update I could easily get 2 days out of my Note 4. Since the update I can really only do one. I am not a heavy user by any means. Before update Id go to bed with 70ish percent left. After update 50ish sometimes less. So for what its worth it might not be the S6 giving poor life but the OS.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Im waiting on my S6 Edge but, before the lollipop update I could easily get 2 days out of my Note 4. Since the update I can really only do one. I am not a heavy user by any means. Before update Id go to bed with 70ish percent left. After update 50ish sometimes less. So for what its worth it might not be the S6 giving poor life but the OS.

Properly update note 4 (cache wipe or hard reset) show improved battery life than kitkat.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Cache and reset was done. Still worse battery life and still Android OS, Cell standby Google Services and Android system all far outweigh on screen time.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Cache and reset was done. Still worse battery life and still Android OS, Cell standby Google Services and Android system all far outweigh on screen time.

I'm sure there are individual experiences that differ from others. If s6 with lollipop can have bug resulting in bad battery life, note 4 can too.

Battery test, and many many many people did report that note 4 with lollipop had improved battery.

Tan Dickson

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
note 4.
regret buying S6 as im using note 4 all along before changing. cannot last one full day for S6.
i tot was my S6 went crazy so i send in for warranty after buying for 3 days as battery life too short.
End up they check and told me there nothing wrong with the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463