I thought I saw someone post a few days ago that their phone shipped and was due to arrive today -- if that first batch is getting into hands today, lets hear about it. How do those accessories fit/work? first impressions of the phone?
    04-07-2015 08:57 AM
    A few Tmobile customers had their phones last week

Posted via the Android Central App
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-07-2015 08:58 AM
    I ordered mine last Friday and received yesterday!

04-07-2015 09:18 AM
    I received my S6 edge on April 1. So far the processor performance has been extraordinary and the screen is superb. I really can't say enough about how bright it's brights are and how infinitely deep the blacks are, it's hands-down the best screen I have ever used.

My one major gripe thus far is the truly poor battery performance. There appears to be a bug of some sort affecting the T-Mobile version which might explain it. I saw 16% of my battery disappear last night in 15 minutes where the phone was sitting idle in my pocket! Now, that is truly the most extreme it has ever been, it's usually much more subtle than that, but the battery has been a consistent let down thus far. The only way I have been able to get something that I deem usable is by turning the power saver function permanently on and micromanaging features as the day goes progresses. I've also been closely following the several threads here and at XDA about what people are doing to elongate the battery life. If you are the type of user who is unwilling to get their hands a bit dirty in order to find something a bit more usable out of their S6 experience, then I wouldn't recommend the phone .

Overall, I have to say that I'm feeling optimistic about this issue however. I think that Samsung has really hit it out of the park, in terms of design and most aspects of the engineering. The S6 edge is easily the best phone I have ever used... assuming the battery gets fixed.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-07-2015 09:31 AM
    I thought I saw someone post a few days ago that their phone shipped and was due to arrive today -- if that first batch is getting into hands today, lets hear about it. How do those accessories fit/work? first impressions of the phone?
    You're kinda late.

20blks and bhatech like this.
    04-07-2015 09:31 AM
    I've had my S6 edge for 8 days now and my initial impressions I posted a week ago Monday are the same. The phone is absolutely fabulous and probably the best phone Samsung has ever made.

That said, it has some lag which I was not at all used to on my iPhone 6 Plus which is instantly responsive to everything you do and as noted above, I have the same WiFi Standby battery drain that many T-Mobile users have noted. The battery drain may be limited to just T-Mobile since some early AT&T users from yesterday don't seem to have it (the jury is still out, though) but it's a big issue with the phone heating up in your pocket for no reason and going into a "Cell Standby" battery sucking drain even though you are on WiFi.

I have complained to T-Mobile and hopefully others have as well so they get on a fix.

Other than those two (admittedly big) issues, the S6 is just fabulous. Here was my initial impression:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...pressions.html
    04-07-2015 10:07 AM
    I have had a regular S6 64 GB version since March 30. I came from a Nexus 5. My thoughts are that I'm happy with the device overall. I love the camera, the fingerprint reader, the speed of the device, and the screen. I did see some lag with the Samsung keyboard, but I switched to the Google keyboard and haven't experienced any lag since. I use Nova Prime as my launcher and have had no lag there or any other issues. I am using a Speck candyshell case. While I normally don't like cases, the phone was too slick for me without a case.

There are only two things about the phone that could be improved for me. I have found the bluetooth volume to be rather low. In my truck, I play music over bluetooth and the S6 is noticeably quieter than my Nexus 5 was. My other complaint is just the regular battery life. The battery has been better than my Nexus 5, but that isn't saying much. I just wish they would have made the back of the device flush with the camera (not a fan of camera bumps) and used that newly created space for a bigger battery. Please no attacks or posts informing me about wireless charging or quick charging or changing my settings, etc. - I'm not bashing anything here and I am happy with the phone.

Overall, I'm happy with my decision as this device currently checks off more check boxes on my wishlist than any other device.
    04-07-2015 10:22 AM
    I got mine a week ago ... been loving it! .
    04-07-2015 12:27 PM
    Must be something weird going on with the battery life for some folks.

My non-edge S6 just burned 5% juice (62% to 57%) in a bit over 9 hours on standby from last night until this morning. VOLTE and Wi-Fi calling were off, but Wi-Fi, location services, and sync (just Gmail for me) were on.
    onthecouchagain likes this.
    04-07-2015 01:07 PM
    I don't know why the Tmobile WiFi/Cell Standby battery issue story hasn't gotten out yet. I've reached out to TMONEWS and a few other publications, but no one is reporting on it.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    04-07-2015 01:40 PM
    I don't know why the Tmobile WiFi/Cell Standby battery issue story hasn't gotten out yet. I've reached out to TMONEWS and a few other publications, but no one is reporting on it.
    Great idea...this is clearly newsworthy and I think all of the affected T-Mobile customers should reach out to TMONews. I know I will as the next thing I do. I have a feeling that when the official release date happens this Friday, there will be many unhappy T-Mobile customers when they realize how severe their battery drain is on WiFi when the phone is not even being used.
    onthecouchagain likes this.
    04-07-2015 03:10 PM
    Great idea...this is clearly newsworthy and I think all of the affected T-Mobile customers should reach out to TMONews. I know I will as the next thing I do. I have a feeling that when the official release date happens this Friday, there will be many unhappy T-Mobile customers when they realize how severe their battery drain is on WiFi when the phone is not even being used.
    I have a feeling there will be a small update within a week of launch. There's a fair amount of bugs out there and all need addressing.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    04-07-2015 05:16 PM
    I have had my S6 Edge since Friday (4/3) and driving my co-workers crazy showing it off. I have not noticed any severe battery drain (compared to previous HTC One M7 or LG G3), but I keep Wifi turned off. I have unlimited data plan so I don't care if I use it all the time. Plus I get great service where I live so no reason to put it on wifi.
    04-07-2015 05:27 PM