04-08-2015 09:49 PM
74 123
tools
    Thank you, that Edge looks sweet.

I'm picking it over here waiting on slow @ss Verizon.
    04-07-2015 05:47 PM
    Thank you, that Edge looks sweet.

I'm picking it over here waiting on slow @ss Verizon.
    Anytime. I've been using the S6 Edge for the majority of the day and so far I've been extremely impressed. One of the reasons I've never kept a Samsung phone for any real length of time is because it didn't feel nearly as fluid as a Nexus. To me, that's the measuring stick. If it's not as responsive as my Nexus, it usually isn't a phone I'll use for very long. I use several phones throughout the year and typically end on a Nexus device. My next pick is usually between Samsung and HTC in the spring and that was no different this year.

I've seen zero slowdown on this device other than what I described with the keyboard (and My Magazine, but that was disabled immediately). Transitions through home screens and the app drawer are quick with a satisfying animation. Same with the recent apps drawer. I'm coming from a Nexus 6. Before that, the iPhone 6. Some people like to mention that unless you've used those devices, including a Windows phone, you don't know what fluid and fast UIs are. I've used them---this phone is easily on par with them, faster in some situations.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2015 06:05 PM
    How easy is it to remove the IMEI sticker on the back of the AT&T phone? I definitely don't want to see it all the time with a clear case
    04-07-2015 06:51 PM
    I can't get over how sweet looking this phone is. So happy to hear it's meeting expectations as far as performance goes too. Can't wait for Friday.
    04-07-2015 06:51 PM
    How easy is it to remove the IMEI sticker on the back of the AT&T phone? I definitely don't want to see it all the time with a clear case
    Very easy. The glass back allows it to peel right off.

crea78 likes this.
    04-07-2015 07:04 PM
    I'm coming from a Nexus 6. Before that, the iPhone 6. Some people like to mention that unless you've used those devices, including a Windows phone, you don't know what fluid and fast UIs are. I've used them---this phone is easily on par with them, faster in some situations.

FWIW, my m8 is far smoother than the nexus 6 and ip6. I will say that when at best buy, the S6 was smooth as butter. I'll let you know just how good it is by the end of tomorrow as I'm still testing my m8 that is now finally on lollipop.

04-07-2015 07:11 PM
    Anytime. I've been using the S6 Edge for the majority of the day and so far I've been extremely impressed. One of the reasons I've never kept a Samsung phone for any real length of time is because it didn't feel nearly as fluid as a Nexus. To me, that's the measuring stick. If it's not as responsive as my Nexus, it usually isn't a phone I'll use for very long. I use several phones throughout the year and typically end on a Nexus device. My next pick is usually between Samsung and HTC in the spring and that was no different this year.

I've seen zero slowdown on this device other than what I described with the keyboard (and My Magazine, but that was disabled immediately). Transitions through home screens and the app drawer are quick with a satisfying animation. Same with the recent apps drawer. I'm coming from a Nexus 6. Before that, the iPhone 6. Some people like to mention that unless you've used those devices, including a Windows phone, you don't know what fluid and fast UIs are. I've used them---this phone is easily on par with them, faster in some situations.

Is it still possible to adjust the transition settings?
    04-07-2015 10:29 PM
    Is it still possible to adjust the transition settings?
    They're still in the developer settings.

Attached Thumbnails Initial Thoughts-81.jpg  
    04-07-2015 10:32 PM
    They're still in the developer settings.

Are.you leaving them at the default?
    04-07-2015 10:36 PM
    Are.you leaving them at the default?
    Yes. The animations aren't an issue when the phone performs this well.

jcp007 likes this.
    04-07-2015 10:37 PM
    Yes. The animations aren't an issue when the phone performs this well.

That is great to hear. How is smoothness and speed performance wise?
    04-07-2015 10:40 PM
    Can I ask what Launcher you're using?
    04-07-2015 10:53 PM
    Sorry I took so long, felloffthetruck. Those are the majority of the AT&T apps. There's a few more apps, like Mobile TV and MyAT&T.

Pardon the image quality. Nexus 6 problems.

Beautiful! Thanks for doing this Adranalyne.

Posted via Android Central App
    Adranalyne likes this.
    04-07-2015 10:58 PM
    I'm in love with this phone. It lived up to my expectation. Relatively fast, responsive and technically charming
    04-08-2015 02:07 AM
    That is great to hear. How is smoothness and speed performance wise?
    Everything is very snappy. I've been really impressed with the touch response on this phone.

04-08-2015 06:22 AM
    Can I ask what Launcher you're using?
    Sticking with Touchwiz. It's not the ugly duckling it used to be. Granted I'd like the icons to be refreshed, but in due time.

04-08-2015 06:23 AM
    How do you get into Developers Settings on this phone? Is it available in settings by default or do you have to tap "build number" (or whatever that was) six times to reveal it as on the S5?
    04-08-2015 06:27 AM
    How do you get into Developers Settings on this phone? Is it available in settings by default or do you have to tap "build number" (or whatever that was) six times to reveal it as on the S5?
    Tap the build number just like on the S5.

04-08-2015 06:29 AM
    Sticking with Touchwiz. It's not the ugly duckling it used to be. Granted I'd like the icons to be refreshed, but in due time.

I really tried. I lasted only 24 hours or so. Last night I had to install Nova. There's really not much to complain about with Touchwiz now but I agree on the stale icons and there are just a few tweaks with Nova that make it an overall better experience for me. That said, if there were no Nova and I "had" to stick with Touchwiz I wouldn't be unhappy with it at all.
    Adranalyne likes this.
    04-08-2015 10:10 AM
    I really tried. I lasted only 24 hours or so. Last night I had to install Nova. There's really not much to complain about with Touchwiz now but I agree on the stale icons and there are just a few tweaks with Nova that make it an overall better experience for me. That said, if there were no Nova and I "had" to stick with Touchwiz I wouldn't be unhappy with it at all.
    Oh by all means. I may go with the Google Now Launcher down the road, but I'm cool with this for now. Plus it helps to review the device as it was shipped.

aggie likes this.
    04-08-2015 10:21 AM
    Any noticeable performance difference between the two? I will most likely stick with stock for a while, but I know it's only a matter of time before I end up throwing a different launcher on there.
    04-08-2015 10:24 AM
    Yeah I've really come to like Nova for its simple eloquence. If it could change the settings menu to look like stock android (nexus style) that works be awesome.

04-08-2015 10:41 AM
    Any noticeable performance difference between the two? I will most likely stick with stock for a while, but I know it's only a matter of time before I end up throwing a different launcher on there.
    Not really. Unlike previous phones (even the Note 4), Touchwiz is very fluid. As much so even as iOS is on my iPhone 6+. I'm very impressed with the refinements Samsung has made with Touchwiz.
    04-08-2015 10:48 AM
    Yeah I've really come to like Nova for its simple eloquence. If it could change the settings menu to look like stock android (nexus style) that works be awesome.

One can dream. I love the stock lollipop settings menu on my Nexus 6. Touchwiz really does look nice in that area now though. My only real complaint is Samsung didn't go with the stock implementation of the toggles in the notification drop down. Minor gripe but it would have been really nice to see that.
    04-08-2015 10:51 AM
    Anyone with a 64gb and how much storage is available? I would think 54 to 55 GB available?

Posted via Nexus 6!
    04-08-2015 10:57 AM
74 123