Initial Thoughts

magitek

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I forgot about smart network switching. It does have that, which I did switch off. VoLTE, I believe, is kind of hidden. Under Mobile Networks/Mobile Data there is an option for "Enhanced 4G LTE services" which in the description includes HD voice and enhanced communications. I am pretty much assuming this is VoLTE.

There's a specific setting for VoLTE in the phone app options.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
There's a specific setting for VoLTE in the phone app options.
not seeing anything in the phone app settings. But as AT&T HD voice is routed over the LTE network I assumed the setting I referenced in my previous post applied.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Three things that I'd like you to report on.

First, will it play your phone ringtone through your Bluetooth earpiece (especially custom tones)?

Second, when the caller on the other end hangs up or the call is lost, will it play some kind of tone through your Bluetooth headset so you know that the connection is gone?

Third, if possible, can you tell us about data signal, is it any better than earlier models and does it stall?

I'm currently running an S2. American Toy Telephone keeps trying to get me to upgrade, but so far I've resisted, in no small part because I'm way past the contract end date. If the S6 is enough better in those three areas, I will be easier to convince. I currently use my phone as my primary Internet WiFi hub, in a fringe area, and get a lot of stalls when trying to work online.

I only have a Bluetooth headset through my car so anything I share is going to related to that. There's no way, in my car at least, to set custom ringtones over Bluetooth. Other headsets may be able to do that, but I'd guess that would depend on your device, not the S6.

If the call is lost or if I/the other caller hang up, there's a tone to signify the call is lost. Last time I used a standalone headset, it did the same thing.

As far as data/cell reception, I haven't noticed anything worse than what my Note 4 was capable of. I'm getting 30 down and 13 up on AT&T's LTE out in my area fairly consistently. That's a little higher than what I'm used to on my Nexus 6.

Posted via the Android Central App

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I took so long, felloffthetruck. Those are the majority of the AT&T apps. There's a few more apps, like Mobile TV and MyAT&T.

Pardon the image quality. Nexus 6 problems.

Attachments

• 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 90

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, that Edge looks sweet.

I'm picking it over here waiting on slow @ss Verizon. :p

Anytime. I've been using the S6 Edge for the majority of the day and so far I've been extremely impressed. One of the reasons I've never kept a Samsung phone for any real length of time is because it didn't feel nearly as fluid as a Nexus. To me, that's the measuring stick. If it's not as responsive as my Nexus, it usually isn't a phone I'll use for very long. I use several phones throughout the year and typically end on a Nexus device. My next pick is usually between Samsung and HTC in the spring and that was no different this year.

I've seen zero slowdown on this device other than what I described with the keyboard (and My Magazine, but that was disabled immediately). Transitions through home screens and the app drawer are quick with a satisfying animation. Same with the recent apps drawer. I'm coming from a Nexus 6. Before that, the iPhone 6. Some people like to mention that unless you've used those devices, including a Windows phone, you don't know what fluid and fast UIs are. I've used them---this phone is easily on par with them, faster in some situations.

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
How easy is it to remove the IMEI sticker on the back of the AT&T phone? I definitely don't want to see it all the time with a clear case

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I can't get over how sweet looking this phone is. So happy to hear it's meeting expectations as far as performance goes too. Can't wait for Friday.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Nexus 6. Before that, the iPhone 6. Some people like to mention that unless you've used those devices, including a Windows phone, you don't know what fluid and fast UIs are. I've used them---this phone is easily on par with them, faster in some situations.

FWIW, my m8 is far smoother than the nexus 6 and ip6. I will say that when at best buy, the S6 was smooth as butter. I'll let you know just how good it is by the end of tomorrow as I'm still testing my m8 that is now finally on lollipop.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Anytime. I've been using the S6 Edge for the majority of the day and so far I've been extremely impressed. One of the reasons I've never kept a Samsung phone for any real length of time is because it didn't feel nearly as fluid as a Nexus. To me, that's the measuring stick. If it's not as responsive as my Nexus, it usually isn't a phone I'll use for very long. I use several phones throughout the year and typically end on a Nexus device. My next pick is usually between Samsung and HTC in the spring and that was no different this year.

I've seen zero slowdown on this device other than what I described with the keyboard (and My Magazine, but that was disabled immediately). Transitions through home screens and the app drawer are quick with a satisfying animation. Same with the recent apps drawer. I'm coming from a Nexus 6. Before that, the iPhone 6. Some people like to mention that unless you've used those devices, including a Windows phone, you don't know what fluid and fast UIs are. I've used them---this phone is easily on par with them, faster in some situations.

Is it still possible to adjust the transition settings?

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I took so long, felloffthetruck. Those are the majority of the AT&T apps. There's a few more apps, like Mobile TV and MyAT&T.

Pardon the image quality. Nexus 6 problems.

Beautiful! Thanks for doing this Adranalyne.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae