Initial Thoughts

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
How do you get into Developers Settings on this phone? Is it available in settings by default or do you have to tap "build number" (or whatever that was) six times to reveal it as on the S5?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
How do you get into Developers Settings on this phone? Is it available in settings by default or do you have to tap "build number" (or whatever that was) six times to reveal it as on the S5?

Tap the build number just like on the S5.

Posted via the Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Sticking with Touchwiz. It's not the ugly duckling it used to be. Granted I'd like the icons to be refreshed, but in due time.

I really tried. I lasted only 24 hours or so. Last night I had to install Nova. There's really not much to complain about with Touchwiz now but I agree on the stale icons and there are just a few tweaks with Nova that make it an overall better experience for me. That said, if there were no Nova and I "had" to stick with Touchwiz I wouldn't be unhappy with it at all.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I really tried. I lasted only 24 hours or so. Last night I had to install Nova. There's really not much to complain about with Touchwiz now but I agree on the stale icons and there are just a few tweaks with Nova that make it an overall better experience for me. That said, if there were no Nova and I "had" to stick with Touchwiz I wouldn't be unhappy with it at all.

Oh by all means. I may go with the Google Now Launcher down the road, but I'm cool with this for now. Plus it helps to review the device as it was shipped.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Any noticeable performance difference between the two? I will most likely stick with stock for a while, but I know it's only a matter of time before I end up throwing a different launcher on there.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I've really come to like Nova for its simple eloquence. If it could change the settings menu to look like stock android (nexus style) that works be awesome.

Posted via Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Any noticeable performance difference between the two? I will most likely stick with stock for a while, but I know it's only a matter of time before I end up throwing a different launcher on there.

Not really. Unlike previous phones (even the Note 4), Touchwiz is very fluid. As much so even as iOS is on my iPhone 6+. I'm very impressed with the refinements Samsung has made with Touchwiz.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've really come to like Nova for its simple eloquence. If it could change the settings menu to look like stock android (nexus style) that works be awesome.

Posted via Android Central App

One can dream. I love the stock lollipop settings menu on my Nexus 6. Touchwiz really does look nice in that area now though. My only real complaint is Samsung didn't go with the stock implementation of the toggles in the notification drop down. Minor gripe but it would have been really nice to see that.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone with a 64gb and how much storage is available? I would think 54 to 55 GB available?

Posted via Nexus 6!

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Not really. Unlike previous phones (even the Note 4), Touchwiz is very fluid. As much so even as iOS is on my iPhone 6+. I'm very impressed with the refinements Samsung has made with Touchwiz.

I meant did putting Nova on top of Touchwiz cause any issues or lag?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with a 64gb and how much storage is available? I would think 54 to 55 GB available?

Posted via Nexus 6!

I don't have mine yet but another AT&T user who has 22GB available on the 32GB GS6. Sounds about right.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
There's a pretty entertaining thread over on the Edge forums regarding battery life. A lot of pitchforks are out. I find it amusing because my results, even this early on, are wildly different than theirs.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I have to try Nova. I dont hate Touchwiz as much as most people do so I haven't felt the need for Nova yet. As long as it doesn't cause any lag or battery drain I'll give it a shot

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There's a pretty entertaining thread over on the Edge forums regarding battery life. A lot of pitchforks are out. I find it amusing because my results, even this early on, are wildly different than theirs.

Since you mentioned it I just browsed over there, and yeah it's amusing indeed. It's couple of guys doing nothing but complaining on overnight drain. They don't even bother to share battery stats or try to figure out setting, culprit or do anything.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Since you mentioned it I just browsed over there, and yeah it's amusing indeed. It's couple of guys doing nothing but complaining on overnight drain. They don't even bother to share battery stats or try to figure out setting, culprit or do anything.

Sucks they can't enjoy this phone. I sure as hell am.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I have to try Nova. I dont hate Touchwiz as much as most people do so I haven't felt the need for Nova yet. As long as it doesn't cause any lag or battery drain I'll give it a shot

I don't hate Touchwiz either but I'd like to be able to change the colors throughout the system.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm just lucky but I don't see what the fuss is about with the battery. 3 days in and been solid since the first charge.
9533f57297950750ac5f505aa151b71b.jpg
fc1c30ca2d877873c4f7faacd2b6598c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool