How do you put your apps in alphabetical order in Lollipop?

A

AC Question

How do you put your apps in alphabetical order in lollipop

I have a galaxy S6 with lollipop ver 5.0.2. When I select apps on the home screen I used to be able to sort my apps in alphabetical order for the menu. Now all that is there is a edit button that puts a - sign on every app.

STOlive

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here. One way around is to get another launcher ie...Nova Launcher for example however now that Samsung have cleaned up their act i would like to stick to default launcher.. so does anyone know how to do this with the default launcher ??

Seriously who remembers what order they got the app after few weeks... dumb not to have a sort option for users. :mad:

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do you put your apps in alphabetical order in lollipop

Upper right hand corner there is an A-Z icon to press when you are in the app drawer

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

As a side note you have to hit that A-Z icon every time you download an app as apps just pop up at the end of the app drawer even if you have hit A-Z before.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
That's dumb! If you select ABC order then new apps should enter the app drawer in ABC order. Why isn't this a toggle instead of an action? Weird move on Sammy's part.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
That's dumb! If you select ABC order then new apps should enter the app drawer in ABC order. Why isn't this a toggle instead of an action? Weird move on Sammy's part.

Yeah, I don't really understand that design decision. Any time you do anything to an app other then there is a chance you'll have to hit A-Z again. I've removed/disabled apps and it left hole at the bottom right of a page until I hit A-Z again.

I'm hoping Samsung changed it in the 5.1 update down the road.

naes84

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I still can not work out how to change to alphabetical apps on my galaxy s6 edge. There is no A-Z button for me or am i looking right at it? It's really bugging me...help!

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

It's showing there on mine. Weird how it's not there on your. Regardless, terrible design decision on Samsung's part. Should be a toggle option.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a galaxy S6 with lollipop ver 5.0.2. When I select apps on the home screen I used to be able to sort my apps in alphabetical order for the menu. Now all that is there is a edit button that puts a - sign on every app.

Same issue here. One way around is to get another launcher ie...Nova Launcher for example however now that Samsung have cleaned up their act i would like to stick to default launcher.. so does anyone know how to do this with the default launcher ??

Seriously who remembers what order they got the app after few weeks... dumb not to have a sort option for users. :mad:

Same issue. Do not see the A-Z. Can someone upload a screen shot please.

On my phone it only shows EDIT - A-Z is missing!

Having the same problem with my Galaxy S6, on Andorid 5.0.2. Theres is no A-Z button at all. Frustrating.

What carrier do you guys have?...sometimes carrier's change things on the phones
I have AT&T and it has it

Laura Bird

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

I bought mine outright from Samsung (UK) a day I haven't got the A-Z button.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678