04-15-2015 04:40 AM
132 1234 ...
tools
    Have you messed around with any themes? If so what do you think so far?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2015 09:29 PM

I used the Space theme for a short time. It changes the color of the stock apps, the notification tray, the settings menu, etc. Icons are different, widgets are different. I think they could learn a thing or two from HTC's implementation, though. Overall, it's still solid. So many complain about Touchwiz that this only makes sense.

Are we all in agreement that the first person to put a flawless Google Now Launcher theme in the store gets as much beer as they want?

04-07-2015 09:34 PM
    I have an AT&T S6 as well. I can help answer

Appreciated, especially since you're doing videos. Glad you're liking it so far.

04-07-2015 09:35 PM
    I used the Space theme for a short time. It changes the color of the stock apps, the notification tray, the settings menu, etc. Icons are different, widgets are different. I think they could learn a thing or two from HTC's implementation, though. Overall, it's still solid. So many complain about Touchwiz that this only makes sense.

Are we all in agreement that the first person to put a flawless Google Now Launcher theme in the store gets as much beer as they want?

Yeah, that'd be dope. PBR for the man/woman who does.
    04-07-2015 09:35 PM
    How's the cell phone reception on AT&T network compare to your last phones?
    04-07-2015 09:41 PM

I really can't wait for the first "stock" lollipop theme

ray sital likes this.
    04-07-2015 09:42 PM
    How's the cell phone reception on AT&T network compare to your last phones?
    So far it's looking good. Keep in mind my most recent device was a Nexus 6 from Google Play so it wasn't provisioned for AT&T. I noticed that I was able to hold a call through a dead spot on my drive home that typically my Nexus would drop. No complaints as of yet, but I'll be all over the place this weekend so that should help determine it better.

sqa4life likes this.
    04-07-2015 09:46 PM
    So far it's looking good. Keep in mind my most recent device was a Nexus 6 from Google Play so it wasn't provisioned for AT&T. I noticed that I was able to hold a call through a dead spot on my drive home that typically my Nexus would drop. No complaints as of yet, but I'll be all over the place this weekend so that should help determine it better.

Thanks OP
    Adranalyne likes this.
    04-07-2015 09:48 PM
    I believe the M9 is similar by comparison. If you're on the fence about the Edge and the money isn't the issue, I think the 64GB S6 is the sweet spot.

Having 22GB of free space should be sufficient for most. I opted for the 64GB storage level as I knew I would rather be safe than sorry. Having two BB gift cards and selling back two phones makes it an easier decision.

Congrats on the new phone. Ordered my AT&T at Best Buy and will have to wait until Friday.
    04-07-2015 10:03 PM
    How's the battery holding out?
    04-07-2015 10:07 PM
    Having 22GB of free space should be sufficient for most. I opted for the 64GB storage level as I knew I would rather be safe than sorry. Having two BB gift cards and selling back two phones makes it an easier decision.

Congrats on the new phone. Ordered my AT&T at Best Buy and will have to wait until Friday.
    You'll be joining in soon enough. You also get a free wireless charger out of the deal. Not bad at all.

04-07-2015 10:07 PM
    I won't be posting any screens for awhile, but I can tell you I've been happy with it so far. I think our friends with the T-Mobile variant may have gotten the short end of the stick (for now).

04-07-2015 10:10 PM
    You'll be joining in soon enough. You also get a free wireless charger out of the deal. Not bad at all.

Free is always good. It's my favorite four letter word.
    04-07-2015 10:10 PM
    I won't be posting any screens for awhile, but I can tell you I've been happy with it so far. I think our friends with the T-Mobile variant may have gotten the short end of the stick (for now).

I imagine that it will take a charge cycle of two to get a good bead. By the end of the week, no swappable battery or expandable storage. No problem. Don't even miss them. That's my bet.
    04-07-2015 10:13 PM
    Way too soon to tell

04-07-2015 10:28 PM
    I really can't wait for the first "stock" lollipop theme

Same, I'd love a stock look/feel on this device to include the settings.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-07-2015 11:06 PM
    I imagine that it will take a charge cycle of two to get a good bead. By the end of the week, no swappable battery or expandable storage. No problem. Don't even miss them. That's my bet.
    I just want to make sure I'm accurately representing the battery life of this phone. Plus I'm curious what I can and can't do with it throughout the day without killing it.

04-08-2015 07:48 AM
    I got my S6 yesterday also very solid phone and i love the quick charge!!! So glad i switched from the G3
    Adranalyne and jcp007 like this.
    04-08-2015 08:08 AM
    Question - not specific to AT&T version but I have noticed in several videos when swiping through home screens that it seems to stop at the screen furthest to the left or right instead of letting you continuously scroll around in a circle. Is this the case?
    04-08-2015 08:44 AM
    Does anyone know if this is a lollipop thing or a Samsung thing? When in a group text, every time I open the conversation the popup bubble at the bottom says 'Messages will be sent as multimedia messages for group conversation'. I dont really need to be reminded of that every single time I open the conversation. I havent had an Andorid since the S4 so I am in a bit of a transition period, lol.
    04-08-2015 09:01 AM
    Does anyone know if this is a lollipop thing or a Samsung thing? When in a group text, every time I open the conversation the popup bubble at the bottom says 'Messages will be sent as multimedia messages for group conversation'. I dont really need to be reminded of that every single time I open the conversation. I havent had an Andorid since the S4 so I am in a bit of a transition period, lol.
    My S3 does the same thing...whether I use the stock messaging app or GoSMS Pro.
    04-08-2015 09:10 AM
    My S3 does the same thing...whether I use the stock messaging app or GoSMS Pro.
    Its awful, why the need to be reminded of it every single time!!
    04-08-2015 09:21 AM
    Has anyone taken pictures with their S6? I am coming from a VZW Nokia Lumia Icon and wondering if I will loose that picture and video quality that was top notch. I am on a S3 currently and it is not even close.
    04-08-2015 09:26 AM
    Question - not specific to AT&T version but I have noticed in several videos when swiping through home screens that it seems to stop at the screen furthest to the left or right instead of letting you continuously scroll around in a circle. Is this the case?
    Yes it is.

04-08-2015 09:39 AM
    Yes it is.

Boooo...Any idea if that's a Lollipop or Touchwiz thing?
    04-08-2015 09:44 AM
132 1234 ...