I've got an AT&T S6---Ask Me Anything

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I imagine that it will take a charge cycle of two to get a good bead. By the end of the week, no swappable battery or expandable storage. No problem. Don't even miss them. That's my bet.

I just want to make sure I'm accurately representing the battery life of this phone. Plus I'm curious what I can and can't do with it throughout the day without killing it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Question - not specific to AT&T version but I have noticed in several videos when swiping through home screens that it seems to stop at the screen furthest to the left or right instead of letting you continuously scroll around in a circle. Is this the case?

weirdalchy

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if this is a lollipop thing or a Samsung thing? When in a group text, every time I open the conversation the popup bubble at the bottom says 'Messages will be sent as multimedia messages for group conversation'. I dont really need to be reminded of that every single time I open the conversation. I havent had an Andorid since the S4 so I am in a bit of a transition period, lol.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if this is a lollipop thing or a Samsung thing? When in a group text, every time I open the conversation the popup bubble at the bottom says 'Messages will be sent as multimedia messages for group conversation'. I dont really need to be reminded of that every single time I open the conversation. I havent had an Andorid since the S4 so I am in a bit of a transition period, lol.

My S3 does the same thing...whether I use the stock messaging app or GoSMS Pro.

lylone

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone taken pictures with their S6? I am coming from a VZW Nokia Lumia Icon and wondering if I will loose that picture and video quality that was top notch. I am on a S3 currently and it is not even close.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Question - not specific to AT&T version but I have noticed in several videos when swiping through home screens that it seems to stop at the screen furthest to the left or right instead of letting you continuously scroll around in a circle. Is this the case?

Yes it is.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone taken pictures with their S6? I am coming from a VZW Nokia Lumia Icon and wondering if I will loose that picture and video quality that was top notch. I am on a S3 currently and it is not even close.

There are many reviews of just the S6 camera, but to sum them up, it's the best camera that has ever been on an Android phone and it's neck and neck with the iphone 6+. Some prefer the S6 more and some prefer the iphone more. Either way, it's way better than anything you've had before.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I won't be posting any screens for awhile, but I can tell you I've been happy with it so far. I think our friends with the T-Mobile variant may have gotten the short end of the stick (for now).

I have no issues on my T-Mobile variant after disabling wifi calling. Simple toggle and problem resolved :) .

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have no issues on my T-Mobile variant after disabling wifi calling. Simple toggle and problem resolved :) .

Glad to hear it. I was referring more to the vocal minority over in the Edge forums who've got their pitchforks out.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear it. I was referring more to the vocal minority over in the Edge forums who've got their pitchforks out.

Oh yeah most will have that issue if they keep it on. T-Mobile did something bad with that feature .. causing all that drain isn't normal on other T-Mobile phones.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah most will have that issue if they keep it on. T-Mobile did something bad with that feature .. causing all that drain isn't normal on other T-Mobile phones.

Agreed, although I believe the issue is a little deeper than just the WiFi calling.