I've got an AT&T S6---Ask Me Anything

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Some of you asked how the battery is holding up earlier and I explained I didn't want to share early results because getting a few charge cycles in would better represent it's performance.

That was until I figured you'd all probably be pleased with the early results. This is a mix of Google Play Music, YouTube, Facebook, Fenix, the AC app, web browsing, a whole lot of texting, and taking 10-15 pictures throughout the day. No power saving mode until I hit 5%. Auto brightness the entire day. Mixture of LTE and WiFi.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Attachments

• 98.jpg
    98.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 203

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Some of you asked how the battery is holding up earlier and I explained I didn't want to share early results because getting a few charge cycles in would better represent it's performance.

That was until I figured you'd all probably be pleased with the early results. This is a mix of Google Play Music, YouTube, Facebook, Fenix, the AC app, web browsing, a whole lot of texting, and taking 10-15 pictures throughout the day. No power saving mode until I hit 5%. Auto brightness the entire day. Mixture of LTE and WiFi.

Would you please test with reduced screen brightness and animation settings as well as closing all unused apps? I want to see how much life can be stretched. Thanks.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

5 hours! That's my target number. I hope I get the same with my Verizon one coming on Friday. I'm going to start with stock for a day or two and then gradually make some tweaks and see if they help.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
5 hours! That's my target number. I hope I get the same with my Verizon one coming on Friday. I'm going to start with stock for a day or two and then gradually make some tweaks and see if they help.

That's how I'm doing it. I got every thing turned on even location services. I'll let you know how battery life is for me in a day or two with it all turned on.

Posted via the Android Central App

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Obviously with some gaming and longer video playbak, this number would drop. The important thing is that I wasn't trying to reach 5 hours. Auto brightness, no power saving mode, etc. It's also only my second charge cycle. I was definitely impressed with the performance and look forward to how it may improve over the weekend.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Obviously with some gaming and longer video playbak, this number would drop. The important thing is that I wasn't trying to reach 5 hours. Auto brightness, no power saving mode, etc. It's also only my second charge cycle. I was definitely impressed with the performance and look forward to how it may improve over the weekend.

I was about to be pretty happy with 3-4 hours of screen on time. I don't play many games, and spend most of my time on my phone browsing tech sites and sports sites with some YouTube and social media tossed in. Sounds like there's a good chance I can hit my target. With the fast charging and wireless support, I'm not at all that worried about it. Couldn't be worse than my Nexus 5!

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I was about to be pretty happy with 3-4 hours of screen on time. I don't play many games, and spend most of my time on my phone browsing tech sites and sports sites with some YouTube and social media tossed in. Sounds like there's a good chance I can hit my target. With the fast charging and wireless support, I'm not at all that worried about it. Couldn't be worse than my Nexus 5!

Definitely not worse than your Nexus 5. So far I'm impressed with the efficiency of the hardware.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

With some light gaming and YouTube, I'm happy. Second charge. Every thing turned on. (high standby? Not effected)

f31caa819dcab6e662b5ea6f70befe33.jpg

cf7a9bdb2734eb37ba796e60f696549f.jpg

Beemed to you with the GS6

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
How does email syncing work with the battery? I turned syncing off on of my Nexus 5 to help with battery life.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
How does email syncing work with the battery? I turned syncing off on of my Nexus 5 to help with battery life.

With everything turned on I said. I'm testing first without trying to save battery, at all.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
If you had the iPhone 6 plus before, which is better s6 or 6+? And why?

Thanks!

I used the 6, not the 6+. I'd say the camera is a toss up between the 6+ and the S6, though I lean towards the S6 because of the daylight advantage/4K. Screen is better on the S6. Battery life is probably better on the 6+. I'd still choose the S6 every time, though, unless I was deeply invested in Apple's ecosystem.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I used the 6, not the 6+. I'd say the camera is a toss up between the 6+ and the S6, though I lean towards the S6 because of the daylight advantage/4K. Screen is better on the S6. Battery life is probably better on the 6+. I'd still choose the S6 every time, though, unless I was deeply invested in Apple's ecosystem.

Agreed. I have a 6+ and enjoy the battery life on it but.. I just prefer the Android ecosystem :).

KarlDag

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I have a 6+ and enjoy the battery life on it but.. I just prefer the Android ecosystem :).
I don't understand, what draws you guys from the 6 plus, which you liked, to a smaller device like the S6 instead of taking the great preformer note 4 which has basically the same qualities + battery life... Only drawback, if you like phablets size, is the swipe style finger print scanner...

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand, what draws you guys from the 6 plus, which you liked, to a smaller device like the S6 instead of taking the great preformer note 4 which has basically the same qualities + battery life... Only drawback, if you like phablets size, is the swipe style finger print scanner...

In hand feel is just on another level. Despite popular misinformation, the S6's software is just faster, smoother, cleaner. The display is pretty close, but the touch response is better outside of the display quality. The camera is better; not by leaps and bounds, but better. Speaker placement and performance is better.

Now obviously the larger display is nice. The S Pen is great. Battery life is a lot better. Removable battery and storage is helpful. It's not a night and day choice, but I've used both the S6 and Note 4 and while the Note 4 is awesome, the S6 is the better device in my opinion.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87