04-15-2015 04:40 AM
132 123 ...
tools
    This isn't Reddit, but there's been a lot of speculation on how other variants of the S6 would perform compared to the T-Mobile version. There's also a lot of you who don't have one yet. There's a lot of you on the fence, too, who may need it compared to current phones. I've probably used whatever phone you're asking to compare it with. Ask away.

Edit: I am using the Edge, but outside of specific questions about the Edge functions, they're almost identical.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2015 07:13 PM
    Curious to know how the battery life is holding up. I have the HTC m8 and it usually lasts a solid day with my usage.
    04-07-2015 07:15 PM
    Boycott the GS6 till they bring back removable backs.

04-07-2015 07:15 PM
    How long have you been using the att variant?
    04-07-2015 07:22 PM
    Curious to know how the battery life is holding up. I have the HTC m8 and it usually lasts a solid day with my usage.
    I've had it since fairly early this morning so my usage pattern wasn't exactly normal today. I will say that I was glad to see absolutely zero sign of cell standby in my usage chart and still haven't at this point. I used the M8, stock, for a few months when it first launched. It's too early to tell, and I don't know your usage pattern, but it has the early potential of lasting 4-5 hours on screen with 14-17 hours of use. I'll know more when I get to go through a normal day and get a few more charge cycles under it's belt.

shadow82x likes this.
    04-07-2015 07:23 PM
    How long have you been using the att variant?
    Since early this morning.

04-07-2015 07:25 PM
    can you comments on actual storage space if you have the 32gb version, is it 23gigs?

Posted via Android Central App
    04-07-2015 07:30 PM
    How does the edge screen look outside in sun light? Is the screen bright enough to read Web pages on?

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!
    04-07-2015 07:31 PM
    can you comments on actual storage space if you have the 32gb version, is it 23gigs?

Posted via Android Central App
    Between 23-24 GB left after first boot.

Attached Thumbnails I've got an AT&T S6---Ask Me Anything-76.jpg  
    ballzac and planoman like this.
    04-07-2015 07:36 PM
    How does the edge screen look outside in sun light? Is the screen bright enough to read Web pages on?

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!
    There's some glare on the edges depending on what angle you're looking at it. That said, this AMOLED panel is great in direct sunlight. I was able to test that out this afternoon before it clouded up. Like the Note 4, if you have it on auto brightness, the screen gets extremely bright/vibrant under direct sunlight. Handy feature.

vegasdroid likes this.
    04-07-2015 07:38 PM
    If you install a theme, can you still do normal customizations on top of the theme like changing wallpaper, colors , etc?
    04-07-2015 07:50 PM
    If you install a theme, can you still do normal customizations on top of the theme like changing wallpaper, colors , etc?
    You can change the wallpaper and font, but nothing else that I can see. Switching between the Space and Default theme removed my Gmail and Google Search widget when I went back to Default. Odd. I'll continue to mess around with it to see if it's a normal occurrence.

Attached Thumbnails I've got an AT&T S6---Ask Me Anything-79.jpg  
    STEVESKI07 likes this.
    04-07-2015 08:00 PM
    Between 23-24 GB left after first boot.

Is that high for new devices? I dont really have any means for comparison as my Nexus 4 takes up about 4gb or so I think from the OS/other crap, is that high for system memory? I cant imagine deleting the apps that are actually deleteable will give you that much more space
    04-07-2015 08:10 PM
    Is that high for new devices? I dont really have any means for comparison as my Nexus 4 takes up about 4gb or so I think from the OS/other crap, is that high for system memory? I cant imagine deleting the apps that are actually deleteable will give you that much more space
    I believe the M9 is similar by comparison. If you're on the fence about the Edge and the money isn't the issue, I think the 64GB S6 is the sweet spot.

ballzac, sqa4life and jcp007 like this.
    04-07-2015 08:12 PM
    I believe the M9 is similar by comparison. If you're on the fence about the Edge and the money isn't the issue, I think the 64GB S6 is the sweet spot.

I have a 32gb regular S6 coming (hopefully tomorrow) but I was just curious if that 22-23gb range was accurate on the actual retails units, thanks for the SS tho
    04-07-2015 08:16 PM
    Any issues with the radios getting a good LTE signal?
    04-07-2015 08:18 PM
    Any issues with the radios getting a good LTE signal?
    None that I've seen. At both my office and my home, where I normally get strong signal, it's been excellent. I was curious about that myself given their use of their own modem.

04-07-2015 08:21 PM
    None that I've seen. At both my office and my home, where I normally get strong signal, it's been excellent. I was curious about that myself given their use of their own modem.

Great! Thanks for the confirmation it's good to know I won't have any issues going from my current HTC One to the S6.
    Adranalyne likes this.
    04-07-2015 08:31 PM
    Thanks very much for this Thread !

My question will require a few days- I am curious if with Sync and Location OFF and brightness at indoor legible but maybe 20 -25%
    and on LTE you think you can get about 6 to 7 hours SOT with mostly Web Browsing 1 hour calling and some emails etc. and a few pics ?
    Thanks again and congrats -Re: the Camera - is it wowing you ?
    04-07-2015 09:08 PM
    How many ATT + Samsung apps would you consider bloat? How many did you disable? Thanks.
    04-07-2015 09:11 PM
    Thanks very much for this Thread !

My question will require a few days- I am curious if with Sync and Location OFF and brightness at indoor legible but maybe 20 -25%
    and on LTE you think you can get about 6 to 7 hours SOT with mostly Web Browsing 1 hour calling and some emails etc. and a few pics ?
    Thanks again and congrats on the Camera - is it wowing you ?
    Anytime. Glad to help.

I think that might be stretching it, especially now with this being so early in the phone's life, but I wouldn't rule it out after an update or two to optimize further. I'm actually pretty pleased with the battery life so far and hopefully this weekend I can push it a little harder and share my screens with you guys. A few people have this variant already and posted some really good first charge cycle screens.

As far as the camera goes, I've run out of words that describe how good it is for a smartphone camera. The auto mode generally takes care of everything and allows you to just point and shoot. That's the reason people love the iPhone cameras. Now Android has that, but better.

jcochran1977 and Gray Area like this.
    04-07-2015 09:19 PM
    How many ATT + Samsung apps would you consider bloat? How many did you disable? Thanks.
    I'd say between 30-35 total. I disabled 25 so far. That's all the AT&T stuff, YP, Lookout, Keeper, S Voice and S Beam, etc. The reports of less bloat were greatly exaggerated, but a lot of that is just carrier garbage. Disabled, but not gone. Doesn't drive me nuts anymore, but I understand why it does some people.

planoman likes this.
    04-07-2015 09:25 PM
    I have a question: When is Verizon going to ship my 128GB model?
    ray sital likes this.
    04-07-2015 09:25 PM
    I have a question: When is Verizon going to ship my 128GB model?
    If they follow the Nexus 6 timeline, probably 6 months from now. Gotta love Big Red.

04-07-2015 09:27 PM
    I have an AT&T S6 as well. I can help answer

04-07-2015 09:28 PM
132 123 ...