Anyone who is currently in possession of S6/Edge, help me solve this!

Karma TV

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The lockscreen on my edge is acting very strange and I would like to know if I'm the only one. I have it set up for fingerpring scanner for my lockscreen. When I go to unlock my phone, it makes me swipe up on the screen and then asks for my fingerprint. Sometimes it will just skip the fingerprint and go straight into the home screen which makes me nervous. I'm sure it is just a bug in the new OS but I'm curious to know if your phones make you swipe up and then place your finger on the scanner? Sometimes it doesn't make me swipe but most of the time it does. I'm so confused by this. Someone help me get to the bottom of this! :confused:

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The lockscreen on my edge is acting very strange and I would like to know if I'm the only one. I have it set up for fingerpring scanner for my lockscreen. When I go to unlock my phone, it makes me swipe up on the screen and then asks for my fingerprint. Sometimes it will just skip the fingerprint and go straight into the home screen which makes me nervous. I'm sure it is just a bug in the new OS but I'm curious to know if your phones make you swipe up and then place your finger on the scanner? Sometimes it doesn't make me swipe but most of the time it does. I'm so confused by this. Someone help me get to the bottom of this! :confused:

Do you have the Secured Lock setting set the same? That may be the problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 80.jpg
    80.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 91

Karma TV

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm not quite sure where in that setting area I would change anything. Everything shows up the same as your image except one additional setting. But I don't see what I would change here.

Screenshot_2015-04-07-21-14-23.jpg

Karma TV

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Just a time setting.
Edit: I changed it to a different time and it still does the same thing if that was were you are getting at.

Screenshot_2015-04-07-21-21-49.jpg

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Just a time setting.
Edit: I changed it to a different time and it still does the same thing if that was were you are getting at.

View attachment 170061

Okay so it doesn't look like it's a setting issue. Have you rebooted? I'd try that, as well as changing the lock screen method and then switching back. I'm not sure why else it wouldn't be working for you.

Karma TV

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I will try that now, real quick I want to show you what it is doing:

Screenshot_2015-04-07-21-26-44.jpg Screenshot_2015-04-07-21-26-54.jpg

Left: As soon as the screen appears
Right: After I swipe up from the lock icon, then it asks me for my fingerprint.
I know it is small but something that you do every time I use my phone, it gets incredibly annoying haha

Update: After restart and changing the method it still does it. Even worse, I found out that you can get straight into the phone everytime without the fingerprint. All you have to do is swipe from anywhere above the lock icon and it goes straight into the phone.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I will try that now, real quick I want to show you what it is doing:

View attachment 170062 View attachment 170063

Left: As soon as the screen appears
Right: After I swipe up from the lock icon, then it asks me for my fingerprint.
I know it is small but something that you do every time I use my phone, it gets incredibly annoying haha

Yeah, that would be irritating. Found some Chromecast backgrounds, huh? Ha.

Karma TV

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Oh is that what that is from? It looked nice so I snagged it! haha

Update: After restart and changing the method it still does it. Even worse, I found out that you can get straight into the phone everytime without the fingerprint. All you have to do is swipe from anywhere above the lock icon and it goes straight into the phone.

Frustrating to the max

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh is that what that is from? It looked nice so I snagged it! haha

Frustrating to the max

I'm really curious to see as time goes on if AT&T/Verizon/Sprint users have these same issues. I can imagine this would be really frustrating. I'll spare you the factory reset suggestion as I'm sure you've thought of that. I'm unsure how much that update T-Mobile pushed actually helped.

Karma TV

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
You are my savior!! For some reason my fitness band was causing that. After I took it off trusted devices it worked perfectly. Thanks everyone for the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1