The lockscreen on my edge is acting very strange and I would like to know if I'm the only one. I have it set up for fingerpring scanner for my lockscreen. When I go to unlock my phone, it makes me swipe up on the screen and then asks for my fingerprint. Sometimes it will just skip the fingerprint and go straight into the home screen which makes me nervous. I'm sure it is just a bug in the new OS but I'm curious to know if your phones make you swipe up and then place your finger on the scanner? Sometimes it doesn't make me swipe but most of the time it does. I'm so confused by this. Someone help me get to the bottom of this!
    04-07-2015 08:03 PM
    The lockscreen on my edge is acting very strange and I would like to know if I'm the only one. I have it set up for fingerpring scanner for my lockscreen. When I go to unlock my phone, it makes me swipe up on the screen and then asks for my fingerprint. Sometimes it will just skip the fingerprint and go straight into the home screen which makes me nervous. I'm sure it is just a bug in the new OS but I'm curious to know if your phones make you swipe up and then place your finger on the scanner? Sometimes it doesn't make me swipe but most of the time it does. I'm so confused by this. Someone help me get to the bottom of this!
    Do you have the Secured Lock setting set the same? That may be the problem.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone who is currently in possession of S6/Edge, help me solve this!-80.jpg  
    04-07-2015 08:08 PM
    I'm not quite sure where in that setting area I would change anything. Everything shows up the same as your image except one additional setting. But I don't see what I would change here.

Anyone who is currently in possession of S6/Edge, help me solve this!-screenshot_2015-04-07-21-14-23.jpg
    04-07-2015 08:17 PM
    I'm not quite sure where in that setting area I would change anything. Everything shows up the same as your image except one additional setting. But I don't see what I would change here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-07-21-14-23.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	170060
    When you click on "Lock Automatically", what options do you have?

04-07-2015 08:20 PM
    Just a time setting.
    Edit: I changed it to a different time and it still does the same thing if that was were you are getting at.

Anyone who is currently in possession of S6/Edge, help me solve this!-screenshot_2015-04-07-21-21-49.jpg
    04-07-2015 08:22 PM
    Just a time setting.
    Edit: I changed it to a different time and it still does the same thing if that was were you are getting at.

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-07-21-21-49.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	170061
    Okay so it doesn't look like it's a setting issue. Have you rebooted? I'd try that, as well as changing the lock screen method and then switching back. I'm not sure why else it wouldn't be working for you.

04-07-2015 08:29 PM
    I will try that now, real quick I want to show you what it is doing:

Anyone who is currently in possession of S6/Edge, help me solve this!-screenshot_2015-04-07-21-26-44.jpg Anyone who is currently in possession of S6/Edge, help me solve this!-screenshot_2015-04-07-21-26-54.jpg

Left: As soon as the screen appears
    Right: After I swipe up from the lock icon, then it asks me for my fingerprint.
    I know it is small but something that you do every time I use my phone, it gets incredibly annoying haha

Update: After restart and changing the method it still does it. Even worse, I found out that you can get straight into the phone everytime without the fingerprint. All you have to do is swipe from anywhere above the lock icon and it goes straight into the phone.
    04-07-2015 08:33 PM
    I will try that now, real quick I want to show you what it is doing:

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-07-21-26-44.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	404.1 KB 
ID:	170062 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-07-21-26-54.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	376.5 KB 
ID:	170063

Left: As soon as the screen appears
    Right: After I swipe up from the lock icon, then it asks me for my fingerprint.
    I know it is small but something that you do every time I use my phone, it gets incredibly annoying haha
    Yeah, that would be irritating. Found some Chromecast backgrounds, huh? Ha.

04-07-2015 08:36 PM
    Oh is that what that is from? It looked nice so I snagged it! haha

Update: After restart and changing the method it still does it. Even worse, I found out that you can get straight into the phone everytime without the fingerprint. All you have to do is swipe from anywhere above the lock icon and it goes straight into the phone.

Frustrating to the max
    04-07-2015 08:37 PM
    Oh is that what that is from? It looked nice so I snagged it! haha

Frustrating to the max
    I'm really curious to see as time goes on if AT&T/Verizon/Sprint users have these same issues. I can imagine this would be really frustrating. I'll spare you the factory reset suggestion as I'm sure you've thought of that. I'm unsure how much that update T-Mobile pushed actually helped.

04-07-2015 08:41 PM
    I'm curious to know if anyone at all has this issue. Anyways thanks for trying! Appreciate the help!
    04-07-2015 08:43 PM
    I'm curious to know if anyone at all has this issue. Anyways thanks for trying! Appreciate the help!
    Anytime. If I run across this elsewhere, I'll let you know.

Karma TV likes this.
    04-07-2015 08:45 PM
    Do you have trusted places set up that would keep the device from locking?
    Karma TV and Adranalyne like this.
    04-07-2015 08:50 PM
    You are my savior!! For some reason my fitness band was causing that. After I took it off trusted devices it worked perfectly. Thanks everyone for the help!
    04-07-2015 08:55 PM
    Do you have trusted places set up that would keep the device from locking?
    There you go. I knew I was missing something. Good find.

Karma TV likes this.
    04-07-2015 09:01 PM