04-25-2015 10:24 AM
68 123
tools
    I'm in the same boat. I fiddled around with the S6 the other day at Best Buy and it seemed to have the same camera issues that my S4 had. Indoor pictures came out blurry sometimes, so I would have to snap 3-4 pictures just to make sure that at least one of them would be clear. It might have something to do with the higher resolution camera, as my 6+ had not issue taking quick, well-focused, pics.

When the picture wasn't blurry, it came out really sharp and detailed. It picked up details on Best Buy's blue carpet that the 6+ Could not match.

The camera is the deal-breaker for me. If the experience I had at the store was a fluke, I'll be all over the S6.
    It very well could have been a fluke. I've taken a bunch of pics with my s6 over the past week and none came out blurry, unlike my wife's S5 which almost always come out blurry indoors. The quality is very much neck and neck with my iPhone 6
    04-09-2015 08:35 AM
    I currently have a 6+, and I'm on the fence about switching. I want to try the s6 out bc I haven't had a samsung before. But in afraid the s6 might get slow and laggy over time
    04-09-2015 09:45 AM
    I currently have a 6+, and I'm on the fence about switching. I want to try the s6 out bc I haven't had a samsung before. But in afraid the s6 might get slow and laggy over time
    Clear cache from time to time. I don't think you should worry too much about it.

At least check it out in hand.
    04-09-2015 09:53 AM
    Ditched mine before I ever even considered buying one.
    04-09-2015 02:19 PM
    i have an iphone 5 but i'm not 'ditching' it really. decided to try out the s6. we'll see what apple brings out this september in the iphone 6s/7.
    04-09-2015 02:42 PM
    That's the worst thing about android. Chances are good that you'll need cache clearing and a biannual phone reset just to keep it operating fluidly.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2015 02:43 PM
    As a long time Android user rolling with the 6 Plus right now, I have to say that iOS is far ahead of stock Android/skins in managing background applications' refresh (huge battery saver, this area isn't even close), OS look/polish/cohesiveness and overall fluidity. Sense came close (and hopefully GS6 TW will) in terms of fluidity. But it'll definitely be a change. If you like tinkering and customizing, Android is far better out of the box though. It's really all about what you want in a phone and what you value most.
    jschu22 likes this.
    04-09-2015 02:48 PM
    Thinking about ditching my iPhone 6 plus for the Galaxy s6 in a couple weeks. Anyone in the same boat? What are your reasons?

I played with the s6 a bit today at best buy and it was gorgeous. The screen and build quality was great. Camera seemed awesome as well.

Had some time with an m9 as well but the screen seemed rather dull.
    If battery life is important to you, you'll regret it. Let the hype fade.
    04-09-2015 02:59 PM
    lol. Indeed. It's as if Christ has risen. The s6 is a beautiful phone, no doubt. But it's really not any more capable than flagship's from last year, besides the touch id thing. If ones up for an upgrade that's great, but people should know that it's not going to give huge performance gains over a phone less than a year old.

04-09-2015 03:10 PM
    I guess I've been wanting to try a Samsung for sometime now that all. Is it easy to clear cache?
    04-09-2015 04:24 PM
    I'm getting between 4-5 hours on screen with 14-16 hours of use. Not bad for a 2600 mah battery. So no, he won't regret it. The hype is real.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    04-09-2015 04:36 PM
    I'm getting between 4-5 hours on screen with 14-16 hours of use. Not bad for a 2600 mah battery. So no, he won't regret it. The hype is real.

You say 4-5 hrs,but you also say you just got the device.
    If someone said they only were getting 1.5 to 2.5, you'd be one of the first ones to say it's a new device give it time. Wait for an update.

Point is, you just got your phone. Why is the good official but the bad unofficial. Scroll through these forums and xda's. The hype is not real. Finally compared to an iPhone 6 plus, the s6 battery is garbage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    jschu22 likes this.
    04-09-2015 05:46 PM
    You're comparing a phablet - the iPhone 6 Plus with the s6 - a phone that is significantly smaller. Of course the phablet will have better battery life since there is more space for a bigger battery. Now I'm not saying the battery life on the s6/s6 edge is excellent, but comparing it to a phablet is with battery life is like comparing apples to oranges.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-09-2015 06:04 PM
    You say 4-5 hrs,but you also say you just got the device.
    If someone said they only were getting 1.5 to 2.5, you'd be one of the first ones to say it's a new device give it time. Wait for an update.

Point is, you just got your phone. Why is the good official but the bad unofficial. Scroll through these forums and xda's. The hype is not real. Finally compared to an iPhone 6 plus, the s6 battery is garbage.

For starters, I'm not the only person reporting battery life like this. So while I haven't had the device that long, the consistency of getting that type of battery life goes beyond just my usage. Secondly, you don't get "fluke" high usage. Either the battery can handle the strain or it can't. Clearly it can. If I have to explain to you the difference in carrier variants at this point we might as well end this here.

Compared to the 6+, the S6 battery is solid, but it's probably not as good as the iPhone phablet. The hype is real, no matter how badly you don't want it to be.

bgl321, Inders99 and Gray Area like this.
    04-09-2015 06:58 PM
    You're comparing a phablet - the iPhone 6 Plus with the s6 - a phone that is significantly smaller. Of course the phablet will have better battery life since there is more space for a bigger battery. Now I'm not saying the battery life on the s6/s6 edge is excellent, but comparing it to a phablet is with battery life is like comparing apples to oranges.
    Lol what?

S6 battery is 2550 while 6+ is 2915. That is hardly a "significantly smaller" battery.

Regular 6 has 1800 battery. It is significantly smaller than the S6 and gets better battery life if you take into account how many hours you can squeeze out of it.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    04-09-2015 09:19 PM
    I currently have the iPhone 6 Plus and am picking up my new S6 from Best Buy tomorrow. I am the type of person who has to have the latest phone out there. I have always had android phones in the past and decided to go with the 6 plus when it came out. I am worried I am really going to miss the screen size on the 6 plus when switching to the S6. I love being able to customize my phone but also really love the imessage feature on the iPhone. I am going to see how I like it for a week or so as I am keeping the 6 Plus as a back up.
    04-09-2015 09:42 PM
    I got rid of my iPhone 6 and went back to a 5s. I also have a Note 3. My S6 arrives today, but I'm worried about the regular Android and Samsung silliness that irritates me about the Note 3. I'm going to give it a chance, but will fall back to the 5s if the experience is no better than the Note 3.
    Don't worry the gs6 is miles better then the note 3 and it was a good phone had one .Now I'm rocking a note 4 edge love it ,but the gs6 I hate to admit is better

04-10-2015 12:32 AM
    Lol what?

S6 battery is 2550 while 6+ is 2915. That is hardly a "significantly smaller" battery.

Regular 6 has 1800 battery. It is significantly smaller than the S6 and gets better battery life if you take into account how many hours you can squeeze out of it.
    Let's be real here the battery in the iPhone 6 can't touch the the battery in the gs6 all the test I've seen show the on screen time longer on the Samsung .And you don't even want to compare the the iPhone plus to the note 4 Sammy wins that one hands down .Go to YouTube check for yourself

Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 12:38 AM
    I was a longtime Android user until the iPhone 6, and ever since I switched I've been sorely missing it. iMessage would be the only thing that keeps me on iOS, now that Samsung has worked out the touch fingerprint scanner.
    04-18-2015 10:52 PM
    BUT, I really miss the customization ability in Android and the Google ecosystem in general. And keyboards (even 3rd party) suck big time in iOS.
    That's my main problem with iOS in general. If it offered even some form of customization I'd be all over an iPhone, when I had my 5S for 7 months it was super reliable and solid...just a complete snore.

Posted via S6
    04-18-2015 10:58 PM
    I miss Google Now the most. I used it multiple times daily with my N5, but Siri has proven itself useless.
    04-19-2015 01:36 AM
    That's the worst thing about android. Chances are good that you'll need cache clearing and a biannual phone reset just to keep it operating fluidly.

Annual resets and cache clearing isn't required anymore imho. I've been using android for a while and haven't had my phones slow down over time.
    They behave similarly. Sometimes however I can get a software stack that causes issues but reinstalling an app fixes that.
    I could go into technical reasons why but tl:dr
    04-19-2015 08:20 AM
    If my battery life for the 6s is bad during the trial period, my first choice would be the 6+ to go to based on battery life reports and I don't mind returning to IOS

04-19-2015 09:22 AM
    That's my main problem with iOS in general. If it offered even some form of customization I'd be all over an iPhone, when I had my 5S for 7 months it was super reliable and solid...just a complete snore.

Posted via S6
    Exactly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-19-2015 09:47 AM
    Thinking about ditching my iPhone 6 plus for the Galaxy s6 in a couple weeks. Anyone in the same boat? What are your reasons?

I played with the s6 a bit today at best buy and it was gorgeous. The screen and build quality was great. Camera seemed awesome as well.

Had some time with an m9 as well but the screen seemed rather dull.
    I ditched iPhones 1 1/2 years ago. Came back to iPhone 4 days ago.

04-25-2015 07:34 AM
68 123