Anyone ditching the iPhone?

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
i like to keep an iOS device along w my top android phones but I am done w the iphone. Honestly, I ONLY had it as a back up because of the camera. This is the first android camera to truly match the iphone's..if not better it.

I like to change it up now and then but every time i put my sim in the + i can't stand the the operating system more and more. it was always 2nd...but i just sold my 6+ for good $ and am getting the s6.

I am even moving my second line to t mobile to get the their version w no logo on the back, less bloat, and the unlocked bootloader unlike att's BS...t mob unlocks devices in 40 days or so....

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Had my first iPhone , the 6+ for the past six months. I like it a lot, but am kind of itching to try android again. Haven't used it since the gingerbread os. I'm hoping it's gotten a lot better. The 6+ has been great tho, (battery life is unbelievable) and I'll hang onto it until I make sure I'm good with a permanent switch back to android. Just hoping the S6 battery life isn't to annoyingly hard to deal with since the 6+ really spoiled me there.

Pikapichu

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I fiddled around with the S6 the other day at Best Buy and it seemed to have the same camera issues that my S4 had. Indoor pictures came out blurry sometimes, so I would have to snap 3-4 pictures just to make sure that at least one of them would be clear. It might have something to do with the higher resolution camera, as my 6+ had not issue taking quick, well-focused, pics.

When the picture wasn't blurry, it came out really sharp and detailed. It picked up details on Best Buy's blue carpet that the 6+ Could not match.

The camera is the deal-breaker for me. If the experience I had at the store was a fluke, I'll be all over the S6.

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Considering it. If the s6 came with 5.1 it would be more likely. I'm on Verizon so who knows when that update will come. If I can resist the the urge I will wait and see what lg is brewing or wait for the next iPhone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I fiddled around with the S6 the other day at Best Buy and it seemed to have the same camera issues that my S4 had. Indoor pictures came out blurry sometimes, so I would have to snap 3-4 pictures just to make sure that at least one of them would be clear. It might have something to do with the higher resolution camera, as my 6+ had not issue taking quick, well-focused, pics.

When the picture wasn't blurry, it came out really sharp and detailed. It picked up details on Best Buy's blue carpet that the 6+ Could not match.

The camera is the deal-breaker for me. If the experience I had at the store was a fluke, I'll be all over the S6.

It very well could have been a fluke. I've taken a bunch of pics with my s6 over the past week and none came out blurry, unlike my wife's S5 which almost always come out blurry indoors. The quality is very much neck and neck with my iPhone 6

basurtoisaac

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I currently have a 6+, and I'm on the fence about switching. I want to try the s6 out bc I haven't had a samsung before. But in afraid the s6 might get slow and laggy over time

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a 6+, and I'm on the fence about switching. I want to try the s6 out bc I haven't had a samsung before. But in afraid the s6 might get slow and laggy over time

Clear cache from time to time. I don't think you should worry too much about it.

At least check it out in hand.

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
i have an iphone 5 but i'm not 'ditching' it really. decided to try out the s6. we'll see what apple brings out this september in the iphone 6s/7.

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

That's the worst thing about android. Chances are good that you'll need cache clearing and a biannual phone reset just to keep it operating fluidly.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

As a long time Android user rolling with the 6 Plus right now, I have to say that iOS is far ahead of stock Android/skins in managing background applications' refresh (huge battery saver, this area isn't even close), OS look/polish/cohesiveness and overall fluidity. Sense came close (and hopefully GS6 TW will) in terms of fluidity. But it'll definitely be a change. If you like tinkering and customizing, Android is far better out of the box though. It's really all about what you want in a phone and what you value most.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Thinking about ditching my iPhone 6 plus for the Galaxy s6 in a couple weeks. Anyone in the same boat? What are your reasons?

I played with the s6 a bit today at best buy and it was gorgeous. The screen and build quality was great. Camera seemed awesome as well.

Had some time with an m9 as well but the screen seemed rather dull.
If battery life is important to you, you'll regret it. Let the hype fade.

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If battery life is important to you, you'll regret it. Let the hype fade.

lol. Indeed. It's as if Christ has risen. The s6 is a beautiful phone, no doubt. But it's really not any more capable than flagship's from last year, besides the touch id thing. If ones up for an upgrade that's great, but people should know that it's not going to give huge performance gains over a phone less than a year old.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting between 4-5 hours on screen with 14-16 hours of use. Not bad for a 2600 mah battery. So no, he won't regret it. The hype is real.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

You say 4-5 hrs,but you also say you just got the device.
If someone said they only were getting 1.5 to 2.5, you'd be one of the first ones to say it's a new device give it time. Wait for an update.

Point is, you just got your phone. Why is the good official but the bad unofficial. Scroll through these forums and xda's. The hype is not real. Finally compared to an iPhone 6 plus, the s6 battery is garbage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
You're comparing a phablet - the iPhone 6 Plus with the s6 - a phone that is significantly smaller. Of course the phablet will have better battery life since there is more space for a bigger battery. Now I'm not saying the battery life on the s6/s6 edge is excellent, but comparing it to a phablet is with battery life is like comparing apples to oranges.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
You say 4-5 hrs,but you also say you just got the device.
If someone said they only were getting 1.5 to 2.5, you'd be one of the first ones to say it's a new device give it time. Wait for an update.

Point is, you just got your phone. Why is the good official but the bad unofficial. Scroll through these forums and xda's. The hype is not real. Finally compared to an iPhone 6 plus, the s6 battery is garbage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For starters, I'm not the only person reporting battery life like this. So while I haven't had the device that long, the consistency of getting that type of battery life goes beyond just my usage. Secondly, you don't get "fluke" high usage. Either the battery can handle the strain or it can't. Clearly it can. If I have to explain to you the difference in carrier variants at this point we might as well end this here.

Compared to the 6+, the S6 battery is solid, but it's probably not as good as the iPhone phablet. The hype is real, no matter how badly you don't want it to be.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You're comparing a phablet - the iPhone 6 Plus with the s6 - a phone that is significantly smaller. Of course the phablet will have better battery life since there is more space for a bigger battery. Now I'm not saying the battery life on the s6/s6 edge is excellent, but comparing it to a phablet is with battery life is like comparing apples to oranges.

Lol what?

S6 battery is 2550 while 6+ is 2915. That is hardly a "significantly smaller" battery.

Regular 6 has 1800 battery. It is significantly smaller than the S6 and gets better battery life if you take into account how many hours you can squeeze out of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary