Anyone ditching the iPhone?

angelpie1976

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the iPhone 6 Plus and am picking up my new S6 from Best Buy tomorrow. I am the type of person who has to have the latest phone out there. I have always had android phones in the past and decided to go with the 6 plus when it came out. I am worried I am really going to miss the screen size on the 6 plus when switching to the S6. I love being able to customize my phone but also really love the imessage feature on the iPhone. I am going to see how I like it for a week or so as I am keeping the 6 Plus as a back up.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I got rid of my iPhone 6 and went back to a 5s. I also have a Note 3. My S6 arrives today, but I'm worried about the regular Android and Samsung silliness that irritates me about the Note 3. I'm going to give it a chance, but will fall back to the 5s if the experience is no better than the Note 3.

Don't worry the gs6 is miles better then the note 3 and it was a good phone had one .Now I'm rocking a note 4 edge love it ,but the gs6 I hate to admit is better

Posted via the Android Central App

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Lol what?

S6 battery is 2550 while 6+ is 2915. That is hardly a "significantly smaller" battery.

Regular 6 has 1800 battery. It is significantly smaller than the S6 and gets better battery life if you take into account how many hours you can squeeze out of it.

Let's be real here the battery in the iPhone 6 can't touch the the battery in the gs6 all the test I've seen show the on screen time longer on the Samsung .And you don't even want to compare the the iPhone plus to the note 4 Sammy wins that one hands down .Go to YouTube check for yourself

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I was a longtime Android user until the iPhone 6, and ever since I switched I've been sorely missing it. iMessage would be the only thing that keeps me on iOS, now that Samsung has worked out the touch fingerprint scanner.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
BUT, I really miss the customization ability in Android and the Google ecosystem in general. And keyboards (even 3rd party) suck big time in iOS.

That's my main problem with iOS in general. If it offered even some form of customization I'd be all over an iPhone, when I had my 5S for 7 months it was super reliable and solid...just a complete snore.

Posted via S6

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
That's the worst thing about android. Chances are good that you'll need cache clearing and a biannual phone reset just to keep it operating fluidly.

Annual resets and cache clearing isn't required anymore imho. I've been using android for a while and haven't had my phones slow down over time.
They behave similarly. Sometimes however I can get a software stack that causes issues but reinstalling an app fixes that.
I could go into technical reasons why but tl:dr

Brian Delaney

May 4, 2013
Visit site
If my battery life for the 6s is bad during the trial period, my first choice would be the 6+ to go to based on battery life reports and I don't mind returning to IOS

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
That's my main problem with iOS in general. If it offered even some form of customization I'd be all over an iPhone, when I had my 5S for 7 months it was super reliable and solid...just a complete snore.

Posted via S6

Exactly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Thinking about ditching my iPhone 6 plus for the Galaxy s6 in a couple weeks. Anyone in the same boat? What are your reasons?

I played with the s6 a bit today at best buy and it was gorgeous. The screen and build quality was great. Camera seemed awesome as well.

Had some time with an m9 as well but the screen seemed rather dull.

I ditched iPhones 1 1/2 years ago. Came back to iPhone 4 days ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It came down to form factor for me really. There aren't any 4 inch phones worth a damn anymore. The only company making a good 4" phone is apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't the i6 4.7 inches? Half an inch was worth the loss of features and performance in the GS6? Not being critical. Everyone has to use what they feel comfortable with.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Oh I get that, all the Android phones are too big for me.

After I bought the iPad Air 2 I spent less time on the phone. I didn't need a 5.2" screen anymore.

It looks awful in your pocket. I can't sir comfortably, can't take off my shoes without having to take out my phone first. Can't sit at dinner at a restaurant without putting that thing on the table. It was beginning to be a real burden. I wear dress pants and a tie to work and nothing looks worse than nice dress pants and a giant bulge in your pocket. If I wear a suit it has to go inside the jacket.

It was great when it was the only device, I needed the screen, but it was becoming a real pain in the ****.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Isn't the i6 4.7 inches? Half an inch was worth the loss of features and performance in the GS6? Not being critical. Everyone has to use what they feel comfortable with.

Half an inch? The iPhone 6 is almost as big as my LG G2 at 5.2".

There's a huge difference between an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 5s. Huge.

I didn't get the iPhone 6. I got the 5s.

I said I wanted a 4 inch phone. That nobody makes a 4 inch phone worth a damn. Only Apple. Nobody makes 4 inch phones anymore. They're all giant 4.6" - 5.5".

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Half an inch? The iPhone 6 is almost as big as my LG G2 at 5.2".

There's a huge difference between an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 5s. Huge.

I didn't get the iPhone 6. I got the 5s.

I said I wanted a 4 inch phone. That nobody makes a 4 inch phone worth a damn. Only Apple. Nobody makes 4 inch phones anymore. They're all giant 4.6" - 5.5".

Gotcha. I read a rumor that the i7 is four inches. Enjoy your i5s.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Gotcha. I ready a rumor that the i7 is four inches. Enjoy your i5s.

Maybe they'll release new iPhones at 4 inches. I don't know, but the 5s is plenty. I decided years ago that I would only buy "s" release iPhones. So if they come out with a 4" phone this year great. I wouldn't buy it anyway. It'll probably be some new design that I won't trust until an "s" release. I learned my lesson.

0.7 inches doesn't seem like a lot, but looking at them side by side they are very different

10567-2930-DSC04834-l.png

After a while the novelty of the giant phone thing wears off and you end up with a brick in your pocket driving you crazy.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they'll release new iPhones at 4 inches. I don't know, but the 5s is plenty. I decided years ago that I would only buy "s" release iPhones. So if they come out with a 4" phone this year great. I wouldn't buy it anyway. It'll probably be some new design that I won't trust until an "s" release. I learned my lesson.

0.7 inches doesn't seem like a lot, but looking at them side by side they are very different

http://photos2.appleinsidercdn.com/gallery/10567-2930-DSC04834-l.png

After a while the novelty of the giant phone thing wears off and you end up with a brick in your pocket driving you crazy.

Glad you're staying with what works for you.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance