verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
694e5ae05c7c45bc4be1eb35d714972d.jpg

Black.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Nova Launcher so my icons are different. It does change all touchwiz icons.

I'm talking specifically about the notification bar icons; the wifi, sound, location, bluetooth etc when you pull down the notification shade. Seems like they can just change colours, but not icon shape.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Would having a black theme improve battery life significantly because the pixels are turned off on the display? One of my concerns was toning down Touchwiz with a dark theme. Good to hear that is possible along with changing the icons. I wouldn't mind seeing more screen shots of the black theme as well.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Would having a black theme improve battery life significantly because the pixels are turned off on the display? One of my concerns was toning down Touchwiz with a dark theme. Good to hear that is possible along with changing the icons. I wouldn't mind seeing more screen shots of the black theme as well.

I don't know if you can say significantly. As it is, from peoples screenshots, it looks like the screen is only using about 10% of the battery. But yes, the color black on OLED means off. If half the screen is black, then only half the screen is being powered. I'll probably do some real world testing myself to see if I can tell a difference, but I don't even have the phone yet and I'll have to wait until I'm used to the phone and it's drainage before being able to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis