Why u decide to get S6 over 6 edge?

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I really want to get the edge but after play around 30 mins at my local at&t ..I decided to get the regular s6
1. The Price I usually buy full retail price and I can get 64gb s6 instead of 32gb at the same price..
2. I agree that the edge look better but I don't see any advantage about the edge screen and I think most people gonna turn off to save the battery.
3. When I take close look when reading web page I see blue line light leak from both edge ..
4. I think s6 will be easier to get the case or glass screen protector..

Don't get me wrong I really like the edge and I think both device is good..This just my opinion..

What's about u guys? Thanks.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
The regular s6 feels much better in hand to me than the edge. That sealed the deal for me

Basically I felt the same way, and even though the Edge is beautiful I just didn't feel it was quite ready for prime time. Maybe next year. I chose the safe path lol.

Posted via Android Central App

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The Edge looks better BUT, the apps that use the Edge Screen are very few if any. Secondly, it will probably consume a bit more battery than the already sucky S6 battery.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
1. I didn't like the "sharp" feeling on the side of the edge. I feel like i would be holding the phone awkwardly all the time.
2. Flat glass = no glare. Rounded glass = glare right in the middle of the bend rendering part of the screen useless
3. Didn't like the increased price
4. I feel like the rounded edges would get old fast. There's not enough functionality in them to make it worth it.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
1. I didn't like the "sharp" feeling on the side of the edge. I feel like i would be holding the phone awkwardly all the time.
2. Flat glass = no glare. Rounded glass = glare right in the middle of the bend rendering part of the screen useless
3. Didn't like the increased price
4. I feel like the rounded edges would get old fast. There's not enough functionality in them to make it worth it.

+1

Posted via Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE the look of the Edge. However I didn't see any practical use for it. The screen when looking at them straight on while being held side by side appears smaller on the Edge even though they are the same size. I don't want to lose space while browsing, reading, or playing games or have it kind of wrap on the edge. Also just preferred the in hand feel of the regular S6

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
There's no way I'm paying an extra $100 just for a couple more specs I don't care about. Also, I don't know how putting a case on the Edge would work. Seems like the case either wouldn't provide protection for the edges or it would just get in the way.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I could not justify the extra cost of the Edge as itis not similar at least to the Note Edge. The Edge battery is larger because of the limited functionality like the night clock and news feeds when the device is,powered off. I went with the regular GS6.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
1. I went to Best Buy and held both of them...the S6 just felt better than the Edge.
2. The price
3. The Edge just looked a little more delicate--especially if it were dropped. Nothing to protect that edge.

Custnam

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I just returned my S6 Edge that was a Jump upgrade and will be using my S6 that I own instead. Among all the things listed in this article I just like the regular S6 more. The feel in the hand was one of the main ones. After playing with the Edge specific stuff to test it I ended up never using it. And would never keep my phone face down for the People edge lighting (Gorilla Glass 4 or not). In the end it just wasnt worth the $759.99 in payments I owed vs. the $300 I ended up paying to get the exact same white 64gb regular S6 off Ebay. So I exchanged the Edge at T-Mobile for a LG450 flip phone and just paid it off with the refund I got for the tax I had to pay when I jumped to the Edge. $60 for the LG450, and my EIP now shows $0. Ill just keep the LG450 until I see a new device I can Jump to as my Jump trade. (S7 maybe?)

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I didn't get the Edge because I am constantly jumping name brands (HTC/Sony/Samsung/Moto) and I felt I would have gotten too used to the curve and not want any other phone besides a Samsung Edge lol

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
  1. Price
  2. Useless feature, like a curved TV screen
  3. Limits selection of cases
  4. Reportedly less reliable and more difficult to repair
  5. Reported issue where charging creates heat which cooks the accelerometer chip, leading to failure to rotate screen
  6. Difficult to hold without unintentional presses

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463