04-12-2015 12:05 PM
44 12
tools
    After four phones in a row (from the Mogul to the Evo 4G) I ditched HTC when the Evo 3D was inferior to the S2. M9 vs S6 reminds me of that moment. Lots of HTC users will be jumping ship.
    I dropped HTC when the 3VO came out, too...Went right back when the M7 was released. It's not about the brand with me, it's about the phone. I had the Treo's, Hero, Evo4G, S2, S3, S4, a couple of Nexii, iphone, M7, G2, then the M8.

I want to see how the S6 holds up after 3-6 months before I consider the S7 next time...I've just seen the S-Series get laggy after a few months, or unusable after the first major update...There's no denying that one, at least on Verizon.
    04-09-2015 03:24 PM
    I currently carry the m8 and nexus 6. Had the m7 before that.
    Just received my S6 in the mail.

But the M9 just did not do enough, especially coming from the M7 and M9. That would be hard to justify upgrading from the M8. But I am impressed with S6 stepping up the looks, camera is top notch. They made an effort to improve touchwiz.

Like others have noticed, I wonder how long it will last though. I always hear people complaining that Samsung phones become super laggy after some time. But I usually upgrade quickly so I am not too worried .
    04-09-2015 04:58 PM
    Yeah, I'm not trying to discount your choice of phone. The S6 is beautiful. I'm just defending HTC a little because their phones don't seem to bog down over time as much, and imo, evleaks caused a lot of the discontent with the M9 for geeks like us with their "leaks". I hope your S6 kicks *** for as long as you keep it! If it does great over time, I may get one...or get the S7

Posted via Android Central App
    04-09-2015 05:36 PM
    I'm going to the s6 from the m7. I love the m7 except for the camera. I love sense, blink feed and the fast updates. Alas the camera. I long for a better camera. I'm tired of the random over or under exposure and the pink tint that returned even on my second unit. I'm excited for the s6. I hope HTC gets it together. Competition clearly drives advancement.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2015 08:25 PM
    Not sure if you saw this, somebody on XDA came up with some camera settings for the M9 that vastly improved the performance of the camera. Supposedly even low light shots look good. If camera is your only reason for not getting the M9 you might want to check it out.
    No unfortunately I didn't see that. I've already ordered the S6 though so too late anyway.

Not a big deal. I'm still looking forward to the M10 next year.
    04-09-2015 11:49 PM
    Guys finally saw the gold gs6 at bb man I'm so betting that color .You gotta love best buy I've been looking to view that color and no att store had it walked into bb this afternoon and bam !!!!

04-10-2015 12:24 AM
    No unfortunately I didn't see that. I've already ordered the S6 though so too late anyway.

Not a big deal. I'm still looking forward to the M10 next year.
    Don't worry even with all the tricks they did it's still miles behind the S6 and Note 4 cameras.
    Sometimes I wonder if some guys over there are not paid by HTC...
    04-10-2015 04:41 AM
    Even if you can tweak the camera into taking better pictures, they're never going to be better than the S6. Besides, there's nothing you can do about getting better video out of the M9. And right now, it's absolutely terrible.
    04-10-2015 05:55 AM
    When the Blackberry Storm 2 came out, I was on crackberry and predicted this is the end of Blackberry all the competition has surpassed them. Every person on that forum told me I didn't know what I was talking about. Maybe they were right but look at Blackberry now.

HTC was teetering on obscurity before the M8 came out. However, not developing a dramatically new phone I predict will be the end of HTC at least in the flagship category. The M9 will do them in.

I am waiting for Fedex to deliver my S6 today and I will be Edging up my m8 for it. The s6 is superior in every way vs. the M8 or M9. I like HTC but you can't argue that Samsung really stepped up their game
    04-10-2015 06:16 AM
    Even if you can tweak the camera into taking better pictures, they're never going to be better than the S6. Besides, there's nothing you can do about getting better video out of the M9. And right now, it's absolutely terrible.
    May be true but I couldn't care less about video, I have never once taken a video with a phone. Probably never will. But I am leaning towards the S6 anyways. Just waiting to get some reports on battery life on the Verizon versions. It would be my first Samsung phone. I've always had HTC or Moto. I'm coming from an RMHD with a 3200 mah battery so I want to make sure the S6 can at least get through a normal day on a charge. I'm not a heavy user and on wifi most of the time at home and office.
    04-10-2015 09:39 AM
    Already sold my M8 on Ebay a week or so ago...getting the Edge. Wish Verizon had the 128 GB models in already. Wanted green but couldn't get it. Went with black...what else? White is boring. I did read though on some forum...maybe this one?? that someone saw the green in person and said it was UGLY compared to what the pictures look like...so...maybe black is the way to go?
    04-10-2015 01:01 PM
    Going from an M8 to an S6. I've been an HTC fan since the original Incredible but Samsung really has done a phenomenal job with the S6, especially compared to the M9. Transferring data now to my S6 and can't wait to begin using it as my daily.
    04-10-2015 02:08 PM
    I am a longtime fan of HTC as well and they do have a few things going for them. Timely updates, access to root phones, one time accidental drop replacement, and of course the audio. The audio on the M7-M8 both through headphones ant internal speakers is 1000 times better then Samsung Galaxy S anything.
    04-10-2015 04:38 PM
    After four phones in a row (from the Mogul to the Evo 4G) I ditched HTC when the Evo 3D was inferior to the S2. M9 vs S6 reminds me of that moment. Lots of HTC users will be jumping ship.
    LOL - this reminds me of how old my phone was. Just switched from the EVO 4G LTE to the S6 Edge. Finally time for an upgrade and Samsung it is!
    04-10-2015 06:29 PM
    I'm going to the s6 from the m7. I love the m7 except for the camera. I love sense, blink feed and the fast updates. Alas the camera. I long for a better camera. I'm tired of the random over or under exposure and the pink tint that returned even on my second unit. I'm excited for the s6. I hope HTC gets it together. Competition clearly drives advancement.

Well said, and ditto!

Posted via Android Central App
    04-10-2015 06:36 PM
    I had the last 3 major HTC phones. One x,m7 and m8. The x had a good 8mp camera, but the 7 and 8 did not. I was not going to have a bad camera for a 3rd year in a row. The new design was enough to make me jump ship. I received my phone on Monday and so far I been loving it in fact I don't miss my m8 at all.

04-10-2015 07:27 PM
    I seem to always come back to Samsung. I seem to get bored with HTCs and Iphones.
    04-11-2015 11:42 PM
    I had the last 3 major HTC phones. One x,m7 and m8. The x had a good 8mp camera, but the 7 and 8 did not. I was not going to have a bad camera for a 3rd year in a row. The new design was enough to make me jump ship. I received my phone on Monday and so far I been loving it in fact I don't miss my m8 at all.

Same here. I was expecting more from HTC, but they didn't do enough for the M9. So, it's Samsung S6 for me for the next 18 months or so!
    04-12-2015 08:16 AM
    I will wait till last week of April, first week of May so the price stabilize a little here, it already dropped 45$ and will continue till it reaches the international price of 700$.
    Also it looks like the first batch has some screen problem so waiting 2-3 weeks could lead to a better batch
    04-12-2015 12:05 PM
44 12