This is a serious question for those who actually own or have owned the iPhone 6 (4.7") and who currently own the Galaxy S6.

How is the iPhone 6's battery life compared to the S6? Please don't give "I heard" answers; instead give us your REAL WORLD input from actual or previous owners.

Thanks and look forward to the input!
    04-08-2015 01:17 PM
    I'll let you know, my s6 should be here any minute and I'm wondering how it will compare to my ip6
    04-08-2015 01:33 PM
    I'll let you know, my s6 should be here any minute and I'm wondering how it will compare to my ip6
    Oh man great do let us know!
    BoostN likes this.
    04-08-2015 01:43 PM
    Most reviewers generally say the S6 outperforms the I6 in real life battery usage.
    04-08-2015 06:37 PM
    This is a serious question for those who actually own or have owned the iPhone 6 (4.7") and who currently own the Galaxy S6.

How is the iPhone 6's battery life compared to the S6? Please don't give "I heard" answers; instead give us your REAL WORLD input from actual or previous owners.

Supposedly the 8.3 update increases the iPhone battery length substantially. I would guess that if your main usage is web surfing, the iPhone will last longer. Anything else I'm sure the Sammy wins.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-08-2015 06:53 PM
    Supposedly the 8.3 update increases the iPhone battery length substantially. I would guess that if your main usage is web surfing, the iPhone will last longer. Anything else I'm sure the Sammy wins.

I have been running 8.3 on my 6 for a few weeks now (dev) and haven't seen or read that anyone was getting better battery with it. Apple didn't post that in the notes and it wasn't in the notes on the dev site. Its not on any of the mac rumors forums either. Where did you read it "substantially" as you are saying?
    04-08-2015 07:04 PM
    I have been running 8.3 on my 6 for a few weeks now (dev) and haven't seen or read that anyone was getting better battery with it. Apple didn't post that in the notes and it wasn't in the notes on the dev site. Its not on any of the mac rumors forums either. Where did you read it "substantially" as you are saying?
    In the comments section on macrumors on the article about the update releasing. A couple blokes stated it. Not sure if true.

04-08-2015 07:12 PM

I've had the S6 Edge for a full week now and battery for me has been the same, or perhaps a bit better with the S6. I think my biggest issue is that I can't stop using the phone so I'm killing it faster, lol. I am definitely using this phone a lot more than the iPhone 6 and one of the main reasons I switched was due to poor battery life. But on a typical day, it's about the same, if not better.

Overall, I am very satisfied and the iPhone is now gone and this phone is a keeper.
    20blks likes this.
    04-08-2015 07:29 PM
    So I used the phone for about 2 days, I feel like I didn't get as good of battery life as my ip6, I actually switched back to my iPhone.. I may give the s6 another shot before I sell it, but it still bothers me that some android apps are sub par to the iOS versions
    04-11-2015 10:16 PM
    I have both the iPhone 6 and the Galaxy S6 in use (2 separate lines) and have been monitoring the battery on both since I got the S6 last Wednesday. In my experience they are both comparable when it comes to actual usage with the Galaxy S6 maybe a bit better. But....when it comes to standby time the battery on my iPhone 6 is noticeably better. My Galaxy S6 drains about 2% per hour (if not more) while my iPhone doesn't even drain 1% per hour on average. SOT is far less important to me than standby battery drain. So the jury is still out on the S6. I know it charges fast and that might make me overlook the high battery usage in standby but we'll see. Everything else about the phone I really like.
    04-11-2015 10:37 PM
    I have both the iPhone 6 and the Galaxy S6 in use (2 separate lines) and have been monitoring the battery on both since I got the S6 last Wednesday. In my experience they are both comparable when it comes to actual usage with the Galaxy S6 maybe a bit better. But....when it comes to standby time the battery on my iPhone 6 is noticeably better. My Galaxy S6 drains about 2% per hour (if not more) while my iPhone doesn't even drain 1% per hour on average. SOT is far less important to me than standby battery drain. So the jury is still out on the S6. I know it charges fast and that might make me overlook the high battery usage in standby but we'll see. Everything else about the phone I really like.
    I'm getting better battery life for sure. Is day 25% better or so. It may drain more in standby but not enough to offset how much more efficient it is during actual use than the 6. Once you start using ip6 it's battery just nosedives
    04-11-2015 11:29 PM