04-10-2015 08:39 PM
29 12
tools
    I can't understand what Samsung and HTC could possibly be thinking. It's like they:

A. Don't even understand how Android works.
    B. The Marketing Departments have pulled a coup on the Engineering Departments, banishing the geeks.
    C. $$$ overule all other considerations, including performance, user satisfaction and experience, etc.

Enough of my venting rant...
    Did you read any of the thread I linked, in particular post #180? That thread has some excellent information. The Samsung and HTC executives should read it!

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    Yes I went through the entire thread, I like EarlyMon, I've been around that site for years and he knows his stuff. Your B and C options are likely true. One important question though, can CM as well as the McAfee bloatware on the S6 both be completely disabled in the system settings without root without affecting anything else? I'm familiar with both of those apps (and not in an approving way) and IIRC they both have to be running constantly in the background in order to function. I detest those kinds of apps strongly enough that their presence will be a definite deal breaker for me if they can't be disabled immediately.
    04-09-2015 11:21 AM
    Sorry, I have no idea if the CM/McAfee crapware can be disabled. It's Samsung, so I wouldn't be surprised if the only way to fix it is to root the friggin' thing. Maybe some Googling will find a definitive answer. Lots a luck!

04-09-2015 12:05 PM
    Sorry, I have no idea if the CM/McAfee crapware can be disabled. It's Samsung, so I wouldn't be surprised if the only way to fix it is to root the friggin' thing. Maybe some Googling will find a definitive answer. Lots a luck!

I looked into it, you have to root the S6 and then freeze the entire Smart Manager app. And probably some obscurely named associated services. Guess I'll be waiting until September, that's a deal breaker for me
    Crashdamage likes this.
    04-10-2015 02:08 PM
    Told ya I wouldn't be surprised if you had to root the thing...

04-10-2015 08:39 PM
29 12