NFC Functionality with a Case

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried using NFC with any case? I am particularly interested in how the Defender appears to affect the performance

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried using NFC with any case? I am particularly interested in how the Defender appears to affect the performance

I haven't gotten my device yet, but advance-ordered a case from Spigen. On their site they explicitly claim that their cases won't affect NFC nor the wireless charging capabilities on the S6. I'll find out for sure tomorrow. Not really a good answer to your question :) but I figured I'd chime in anyways. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Wonder if the wireless charging will work through the Defender?
The Defender and Commuter seem thinner then past cases so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If I ever get my email from Best Buy, we will find out.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
If I ever get my email from Best Buy, we will find out.

I received my email earlier this morning from Best Buy. It said, that my device would be ready to be picked up tomorrow morning.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I used NFC with my S6 to transfer photos to and from my S5 and everything worked perfectly. Also for reference the S5 had an otterbox on as well. And my son did it using the speck Amped case that has a thicker back than the otterbox.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta