04-28-2015 09:29 PM
79 1234
tools
    So did you see the Gold in person, where at? The fingerprints are really that bad? Now you have me concerned about making the decision to get the Gold vs Black. I figured there would be some fingerprints from seeing some early reviewers of the colors and showing them off, but was hoping it wouldn't be that bad.
    Yeah, I saw both in person at Best Buy. Indoors, I could definitely notice the fingerprints more on the gold than the black. If you a have a chance, you should stop by a store to check them out since all three colors are on display.

Won't a screen protector mitigate some of those fingerprints?
    A matte clear skin for the back will help mitigate the fingerprints.
    04-10-2015 04:19 PM
    Yeah, I saw both in person at Best Buy. Indoors, I could definitely notice the fingerprints more on the gold than the black. If you a have a chance, you should stop by a store to check them out since all three colors are on display.

A matte clear skin for the back will help mitigate the fingerprints.
    I'll put it in a case, so, finger print is not an issue :-)
    Too bad, my local bb don't have any gold on display
    04-10-2015 05:38 PM
    I'm waiting, I've had nothing but black phones ever. If it's more gold I'll stick with the black, I need to see it in person before purchasing.
    Well the gold gs6 is at bb for all to see so stop in to me it looks more gold sliver I like it ordered a 32 gigs phone

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2015 06:19 PM
    Hey man so what were you really expecting? If you look at pic someone posted above in this forum it looks awesome! Its supposed to be a goldish chrome from what i have read, your comments do concern me as I have pre-ordered Gold and waiting. Just really trying to understand what you were expecting and it didn't look good at all? Also did you happen to notice finger prints , did it attract me on back?
    just saw it today and can echo what others are saying - VERY reflective. WAY more fingerprints than white, and more than black too. I'm reconsidering my color choice -- hoping its just the lighting in best buy that makes this thing so shiny and most situations it'll appear more tame. these should be getting in some peoples hands this week -- hopefully they'll report back on their thoughts
    04-10-2015 07:01 PM
    Just wandered over to the ATT Wireless website for business...

Found this interesting:
    https://www.att.com/smallbusiness/co...alaxy-s-6.page

https://www.att.com/smallbusiness/co...-s-6-edge.page

You'll notice that the only Gold available to order is 64GB.
    You'll also notice that they don't even list 128GB for the non-edge.
    Finally, you'll see that 32GB are obviously not in stock.

Also, I see Amazon shows a release date of 4/27 on AT&T, which you all probably already knew anyway.
    04-11-2015 07:48 AM
    I'll put it in a case, so, finger print is not an issue :-)(
    Me too, but I just don't want the front to be so distracting, will have to definitely see it live to make a judgement.
    04-11-2015 07:53 AM
    If anyone gets theirs before Wednesday, please post pictures. Some I see online with alot of overhead light makes it extremely reflective. Just like to see normal indoor lighting photos of this device. Thanks in advance.
    04-11-2015 09:31 AM
    If anyone gets theirs before Wednesday, please post pictures. Some I see online with alot of overhead light makes it extremely reflective. Just like to see normal indoor lighting photos of this device. Thanks in advance.
    Here's a link to the thread where I posted some pics.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4346733
    crea78 likes this.
    04-11-2015 10:08 AM
    Here's a link to the thread where I posted some pics.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4346733
    Thanks for the link. Looks like I am leaning towards exchanging mine for the white variant.
    04-11-2015 01:00 PM
    Thanks for the link. Looks like I am leaning towards exchanging mine for the white variant.
    I was thinking the same at first, but its just so unique that I can't let it go.
    04-11-2015 01:51 PM
    For what it's worth I have the black and it looks like a deep dark blue in actual sunlight.
    04-11-2015 11:20 PM
    I like the saffire. Looking at the gold today and it's very nice but so many finger prints

04-11-2015 11:30 PM
    For what it's worth I have the black and it looks like a deep dark blue in actual sunlight.
    I will probably end of with black as well. Like how the phone turns "blue" in different lighting.
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    04-12-2015 05:45 AM
    I like the saffire. Looking at the gold today and it's very nice but do many finger prints

I put a screen protector on mine (front and back) and that greatly reduces the fingerprints.
    ffejjj likes this.
    04-12-2015 05:55 AM
    So, I've been dying for the Gold S6, but after I stopped by BB today and checked it out, I ended up walked out with a white S6 64gb. Glad the rep was able to give me a free wireless charger.

The gold doesn't look as good as in the pictures. If you've preordered the S6 gold based on the pictures like me, you're advice to check it out in person before paying the $35 restocking fee.

04-12-2015 08:09 PM
    The press release pictures show a champagne gold phone where in actuality it's a metallic gold. Very deceiving in a way. If I ordered the white or black, would of had the phone by now, but that is OK.
    04-12-2015 08:30 PM
    I received my Galaxy S6 Gold 32GB in Dubai. Big retailers have quite some stock of gold both S6 and edge. Posting pictures soon
    04-13-2015 02:57 AM
    I dont know what people are complaining about this phone is gorgeous! Glad I got it over the black or white GS6. I got the front and back glass screen protector immediately after my phone arrived today and have zero finger print issues.
    04-13-2015 07:55 PM
    I dont know what people are complaining about this phone is gorgeous! Glad I got it over the black or white GS6. I got the front and back glass screen protector immediately after my phone arrived today and have zero finger print issues.
    Glad to see the screen protectors are helping with the fingerprints because the display unit was crazy bad.

I really think Samsung gets huge style points with the S6

04-13-2015 09:29 PM
    I looked at the gold today and that thing is definitely sexy. I was swapping my white regular S6 for a Black/Blue Edge and was soo tempted to wait for the Gold. Everyone in the store at the time agreed that it was quite the beauty.
    Love whoever at Samsung came up with the hybrid color schemes. The gold turns to a nice chrome platinum color that looks awesome. The Black turns into a luxurious sapphire blue gemstone color. Way to go Samsung
    MidnightWest likes this.
    04-13-2015 10:25 PM
    Glad to see the screen protectors are helping with the fingerprints because the display unit was crazy bad.

I really think Samsung gets huge style points with the S6

Absolutely so glad they finally got the hint and gave us such a beautiful device. I'm not much of an Apple fan but I've always said the best of both worlds for ME would be an Android OS with Apple hardware and this is close enough to that fantasy.
    sqa4life likes this.
    04-14-2015 12:06 PM
    I ended up getting the black after all. What did it was a picture of a friend's gold S6 taken outdoors. There were blinding glares coming from both the top and bottom bezel, and it seemed distracting. But for 5 or 6 weeks, I was totally into the gold.
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    04-14-2015 12:47 PM
    I'm glad I ordered a gold, but after seeing it in person at Best Buy today, it really is too damn reflective.

Mine is expected to arrive tomorrow.
    04-14-2015 02:36 PM
    I ended up getting the black after all. What did it was a picture of a friend's gold S6 taken outdoors. There were blinding glares coming from both the top and bottom bezel, and it seemed distracting. But for 5 or 6 weeks, I was totally into the gold.
    I was the exact same way. Loved the idea of the gold S6, but then when I saw it I changed my mind.
    vegasdroid likes this.
    04-15-2015 10:20 AM
    For the first time that I've seen, AT&T's online small business site is allowing me to place an order for 32GB in gold. They'd previously been struck out as though not available. They're now available to order.

Those who pre-ordered... have you seen your phones yet?
    04-17-2015 09:58 AM
79 1234