Who's waiting for the gold S6?

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Those who are waiting do have patience that is for sure -- I have never been able to wait for a color since it usually means waiting longer and I .. may have a problem with patience when it comes to getting a new piece of tech ^_^.

I'm waiting for the gold, simply because I'm waiting on the g4 reveal. I figure most will have black and white, so a gold would be cool if I do go Sammy this time. Also, it let's me see real world reviews. It's already been confirmed that the screen brightness sensor on the edge models are FUBAR, but that will most likely be an ota fix.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ceece911

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I was doing ok with the waiting until today. Seeing the phones being released and knowing I can go pick one up at anytime is really making it hard to wait. I's so tempting to cancel the order.

Tmobile is shipping gold!

Did you get a shipping notification?

quietkvj

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I was doing ok with the waiting until today. Seeing the phones being released and knowing I can go pick one up at anytime is really making it hard to wait. I's so tempting to cancel the order.

Did you get a shipping notification?

Yes, I received an email this morning stating that it was shipped yesterday. It's out for delivery now!

Attachments

• 2015-04-10 12.55.53.jpg
    2015-04-10 12.55.53.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 33

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I saw gold in Best Buy yesterday. It's much "too gold" for my taste. Depending on how the light hits it I see more chrome color than gold, and I don't really like that. I was hoping for more of a champagne gold that had some shimmer depending on the light.

I really wanted to like the gold, but ended up going with the black (I actually started with black on pre-order, and figured I could just exchange for gold later. Now I'm just sticking with black).

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey man so what were you really expecting? If you look at pic someone posted above in this forum it looks awesome! Its supposed to be a goldish chrome from what i have read, your comments do concern me as I have pre-ordered Gold and waiting. Just really trying to understand what you were expecting and it didn't look good at all? Also did you happen to notice finger prints , did it attract me on back?

I saw gold in Best Buy yesterday. It's much "too gold" for my taste. Depending on how the light hits it I see more chrome color than gold, and I don't really like that. I was hoping for more of a champagne gold that had some shimmer depending on the light.

I really wanted to like the gold, but ended up going with the black (I actually started with black on pre-order, and figured I could just exchange for gold later. Now I'm just sticking with black).

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I want the gold S6 because I've had black and white phones for years. The gold S6 looks unique but I am dying waiting for another 2 weeks.

Anyone on the same boat?

I'm on the same boat!
I keep telling myself:
Patience little grass hopper, patience!

Joel E

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I am...one thing thats ticked me off for awhile now is that the black models of Samsung's phones have had some bluish or greyish tint...I just want a pure black phone.
The s6 is sleek regardless but the midnight blue fade in just doesn't do it for me.
Case and point - the true black model of the s4 with faux leather back was so much sexier than the reg black s4

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
The BB close to me has the edge and regular in Gold on demo. They definitely look more chrome in the light at BB . I'm glad I have these on order, because they definitely stand out more than the black or white.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
The BB close to me has the edge and regular in Gold on demo. They definitely look more chrome in the light at BB . I'm glad I have these on order, because they definitely stand out more than the black or white.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

The gold demo units they have do look good. Prior to going, I wasn't even considering the gold, but it sure does look nice.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey man so what were you really expecting? If you look at pic someone posted above in this forum it looks awesome! Its supposed to be a goldish chrome from what i have read, your comments do concern me as I have pre-ordered Gold and waiting. Just really trying to understand what you were expecting and it didn't look good at all? Also did you happen to notice finger prints , did it attract me on back?

I didn't expect it to "always be chrome" looking. It looks far more reflective than the black or white in my opinion. Almost distracting.

I knew it would be reflective, but man, it's really​ reflective.