Who's waiting for the gold S6?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I like the saffire. Looking at the gold today and it's very nice but so many finger prints

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
So, I've been dying for the Gold S6, but after I stopped by BB today and checked it out, I ended up walked out with a white S6 64gb. Glad the rep was able to give me a free wireless charger.

The gold doesn't look as good as in the pictures. If you've preordered the S6 gold based on the pictures like me, you're advice to check it out in person before paying the $35 restocking fee.

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
The press release pictures show a champagne gold phone where in actuality it's a metallic gold. Very deceiving in a way. If I ordered the white or black, would of had the phone by now, but that is OK.

MidnightWest

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I dont know what people are complaining about this phone is gorgeous! Glad I got it over the black or white GS6. I got the front and back glass screen protector immediately after my phone arrived today and have zero finger print issues.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I dont know what people are complaining about this phone is gorgeous! Glad I got it over the black or white GS6. I got the front and back glass screen protector immediately after my phone arrived today and have zero finger print issues.

Glad to see the screen protectors are helping with the fingerprints because the display unit was crazy bad.

I really think Samsung gets huge style points with the S6

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I looked at the gold today and that thing is definitely sexy. I was swapping my white regular S6 for a Black/Blue Edge and was soo tempted to wait for the Gold. Everyone in the store at the time agreed that it was quite the beauty.
Love whoever at Samsung came up with the hybrid color schemes. The gold turns to a nice chrome platinum color that looks awesome. The Black turns into a luxurious sapphire blue gemstone color. Way to go Samsung

MidnightWest

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see the screen protectors are helping with the fingerprints because the display unit was crazy bad.

I really think Samsung gets huge style points with the S6

Absolutely so glad they finally got the hint and gave us such a beautiful device. I'm not much of an Apple fan but I've always said the best of both worlds for ME would be an Android OS with Apple hardware and this is close enough to that fantasy.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I ended up getting the black after all. What did it was a picture of a friend's gold S6 taken outdoors. There were blinding glares coming from both the top and bottom bezel, and it seemed distracting. But for 5 or 6 weeks, I was totally into the gold.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I ordered a gold, but after seeing it in person at Best Buy today, it really is too damn reflective.

Mine is expected to arrive tomorrow.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I ended up getting the black after all. What did it was a picture of a friend's gold S6 taken outdoors. There were blinding glares coming from both the top and bottom bezel, and it seemed distracting. But for 5 or 6 weeks, I was totally into the gold.

I was the exact same way. Loved the idea of the gold S6, but then when I saw it I changed my mind. :(

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
For the first time that I've seen, AT&T's online small business site is allowing me to place an order for 32GB in gold. They'd previously been struck out as though not available. They're now available to order.

Those who pre-ordered... have you seen your phones yet?

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
4G 4FF PRE-INSTALLED NFC SIM
Samsung Galaxy S®6 64GB in Gold Platinum
"Your order is currently being processed. Please check back later.

There's finally some movement!! Should see it soon!

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
The gold looks like platinum rather than gold, and then looks like chrome in direct light-- very reflective, quite 'blingy.'
Black is cool but unless it's the edge, it looks just like an S4/S5. Really.

I'm waiting for green emerald. Hurry up!!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My Sprint GS6 Edge 64GB Gold Platinum arrived home yesterday afternoon.
So far I still think I made the right choice.

Sent From the Gold Platinum Galaxy S6 Edge

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21