Don't know if you guys have noticed but the screen brightness is horrible. I compared it to my G3 and wife's S5 and the brightness is much lower. I do not have it in a saving mode... Even another poster posted a picture side by side with his M8. The clarity and 3D feel on it it is great but the brightness is not so.

What do you guys think? Can you guys relate?

My reason for returning this defective S6...-uploadfromtaptalk1428581381477.jpeg
    04-09-2015 07:10 AM
    I don't have the phone yet, but I personally like to keep the brightness on the lower end anyways so I don't think this will be a problem for me. For those of you that like super bright phones all the time, I could see this being an issue. I only want it super bright when I'm outside and need it super bright just so I can see the screen at all. Why don't you do the same comparison shot in direct sunlight when the lack of brightness could actually potentially be an issue?
    04-09-2015 07:21 AM
    It would help to know what your screen settings are. All the reviews say that S6 screen can get brighter than any screen or dimmer than any screen - just depends on the setting.
    04-09-2015 07:24 AM
    It would help to know what your screen settings are. All the reviews say that S6 screen can get brighter than any screen or dimmer than any screen - just depends on the setting.
    I have it on full brightness, adaptive display, and no battery saving mode. I have taken it off adaptive display to ambled cinema and it's still dimmer than other phones.... Im going to the at&t store to compare with other s6 phones. BTW I have the edge
    04-09-2015 07:42 AM
    I have it on full brightness, adaptive display, and no battery saving mode. I have taken it off adaptive display to ambled cinema and it's still dimmer than other phones.... Im going to the at&t store to compare with other s6 phones. BTW I have the edge
    Just as an FYI, the screen can get brighter in Auto mode than it can manually. Again, this can all be tested if you go outdoors int he sunlight or maybe right underneath a bright lamp. Put it on Auto and then take off Auto and put it on full brightness and you will see that it gets dimmer.

"More importantly, on the Galaxy S6 the Maximum Brightness can go much higher when Automatic Brightness is turned On, so that users can’t permanently park the Manual Brightness slider to very high values, which would run down the battery quickly. High screen Brightness is only needed for High Ambient Light, so turning Automatic Brightness On will not only provide better high ambient light screen visibility but also longer battery running time." - DisplayMate
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-09-2015 07:48 AM
    I think this will be one of the first times i use automatic brightness on a phone. Seems like the feature works really well especially when outside.
    04-09-2015 08:01 AM
    A reather bizarre finding to be sure. Every review and commentator has commented, not only about the quality and resolution of the S6 screen, but of the fact that it's capable of super-bright maximum illumination...brighter by a wide margin than the S5 which was already blindingly bright when set to maximum brightness.

I suspect you may have gotten a defective unit that is somehow pinned in some power saving mode without you being aware of it. I'd do a factory reset to see if that eliminates this unheard of problem. If not, back it goes.
    04-09-2015 08:02 AM
    A reather bizarre finding to be sure. Every review and commentator has commented, not only about the quality and resolution of the S6 screen, but of the fact that it's capable of super-bright maximum illumination...brighter by a wide margin than the S5 which was already blindingly bright when set to maximum brightness.

I suspect you may have gotten a defective unit that is somehow pinned in some power saving mode without you being aware of it. I'd do a factory reset to see if that eliminates this unheard of problem. If not, back it goes.
    He has to turn to auto brightness! And go outside it will get significantly brighter then manual mode full brightness.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 (S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    04-09-2015 08:09 AM
    When Automatic Brightness is turned On, the Galaxy S6 reaches an impressive 784 cd/m2 (nits) in High Ambient Light, where high Brightness is really needed – it is the brightest mobile display that we have ever tested. As a result of its high Brightness and low Reflectance, the Galaxy S6 has a Contrast Rating for High Ambient Light that ranges from 118 to170, also the highest that we have ever measured for any mobile display. See the Brightness and Contrast, the High Ambient Light and the Screen Reflections sections for measurements and details.
    Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge OLED Display Technology Shoot-Out

For better or worse, Samsung has decided to not let the users fully decide their screen brightness. For most users, this is good. I find my wifes phone on full brightness pretty often and I ask her why and she says she doesn't know how it got that way. My guess is that the majority of users are the same. My suggestion is to just put it on Auto and let the phone do its thing. Do you really need a ridiculously bright screen in a pitch black room (like you showed) anyways? On my current phone (S3), the only time I ever take it off Auto is when it's at night and that's because I want to dim it further.

Side note: In manual, the S6 can get ridiculously dim, which is a major plus for me. I wake up in the middle of the night a lot and check my S3 for a bit pretty often and the screen on the dimmest setting still wakes up my wife and it makes for an unhappy situation. Happy wife, happy life!
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-09-2015 08:12 AM
    If I want the phone to be on the highest level I should be able to set it that way. If the Edges at the store aren't any better tomorrow it will be going back. The phones at Best Buy looked amazing even with auto bright off.
    04-09-2015 08:28 AM
    If I want the phone to be on the highest level I should be able to set it that way. If the Edges at the store aren't any better tomorrow it will be going back. The phones at Best Buy looked amazing even with auto bright off.
    I already explained why it's a bad idea for Samsung to allow you to manually put the screen at it's highest setting, but if it's a deal breaker for you, then return the phone. Everybody has different preferences and priorities. Some people want a ridiculously bright phone in a dark room. That's fine. This phone probably isn't for you then.
    Gray Area and Erm10 like this.
    04-09-2015 08:31 AM
    I am having no brightness issues on my phone so far.
    On the brightness settings, I can uncheck auto and move the slider back and forth. It can get very dim or extremely bright.
    04-09-2015 08:49 AM
    I have no brightness issues, my phone can get crazy bright and for the most part I keep it off auto unless I'm outdoors or driving.
    04-09-2015 09:03 AM

S6 is dimmer than s5 if you use manual setting, s6, however, can achieve much higher brightness in auto, which cannot be set manually.
    04-09-2015 09:05 AM
    Did you ever go to store and find out if the other ones are brighter cause I'm like you. I like my screen bright and I could tell right when I powered it on something was wrong cause my s5 was brighter
    04-10-2015 10:09 PM
    I don't have that issue. This thing can get bright as all get out. I used to turn my brightness to 95 plus on videos... Now it's about 80.
    04-10-2015 10:11 PM
    The s6 brightness manually gets 725 nits and on Automatic mode it gets over 1100 nits when it see sunlight
    05-22-2015 11:36 PM
    yup 😊
    08-18-2015 09:29 AM
    My note 4 is brighter has a brighter display than my s6. I hate s6.
    08-19-2015 02:31 AM
    Don't know if you guys have noticed but the screen brightness is horrible. I compared it to my G3 and wife's S5 and the brightness is much lower. I do not have it in a saving mode... Even another poster posted a picture side by side with his M8. The clarity and 3D feel on it it is great but the brightness is not so.

What do you guys think? Can you guys relate?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1428581381477.jpeg 
Views:	182 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	170341
    Yours is s6 edge?
    08-19-2015 02:32 AM
    My note 4 is brighter has a brighter display than my s6. I hate s6.
    I traded my s6 in for the Note 4 since Tmobile deep discounting them now and I can also say the screen on my Note 4 is a lot brighter than the S6.

I actually dig the bigger screen too. At first I always thought the Note 4 Iphone 6plus was too big but it still fits in my pocket just fine and love the bigger screen when typing too.
    08-19-2015 01:56 PM
    This. Coming from an iPhone I never messed with screen brightness and just let it handle things. However, I keep my screen brightness on the S6 down to ~10-15% and it's plenty bright for me indoors. The iPhone just got TOO dim. When I'm outside I simply swipe down to quick settings and adjust as needed. I'd like to think I'm smarter than my phone and control simple and easy to access things like that myself.
    08-20-2015 07:49 AM