04-16-2015 08:00 PM
122 12345
tools
    I'm very happy so far. I do miss the 360 carousel, and I wish there were more themes in the theme store with simple color schemes. Most of the ones there right now look like an 8 year old girl's birthday party exploded or something.

But the phone is pretty, OMG the fast charger is FAST, I love having 64 gb and do not miss the SD card, battery life is still TBD but I just ordered the Aukey fast-charging battery bank and that assuages my concerns a bit. The screen is super pretty, I love Smart Lock, I love having the choice about icon size/rows per screen, S Find is great, and the settings overall seem a bit more user friendly.
    Gray Area and basurtoisaac like this.
    04-10-2015 12:17 PM
    is the alleged poor battery standby due to WIFI calling activated?
    04-10-2015 12:55 PM
    Very happy with the device and the nicest phone ever in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I've run into quite a few bugs or problems like example an annoying one is auto brightness will turn off automatically for me allot but I'm still loving the device.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2015 01:40 PM
    Im sure it's a huge overhaul than the note 4....... I had in December. That thing is a brick of lag city. Oh yeah, the camera in that is complete garbage as well. Only thing good about it was taking photos of sunny days with no movement. If you have kids or pets, forget about even taking a decent photo. As of the S6, to me is still more of the same laggy touchwiz from what I've seen. I think this phone is better than the Note 4 but it's way over-hyped.

If all your used to is android, the lag may not seem like a big deal to you. Not going to argue about software on each, it's obvious iphone's software is better designed for their own hardware.That's the issue with android, too many different manufacturers to get it to run right on every device.
    Sorry man. I've had every iPhone but the 4s and have had my 6 plus since launch. The S6 is every bit as smooth as the 6 plus and in the 5 days I've had it has been less buggy than ios8. I even only had one app force close on me (directv) in 5 days of use. My 6 plus locks up every other day. Still a great device and I'm leaning towards keeping it as well. But it's obvious you don't have an s6 as your comments are completely off base. If you want to talk negative about the battery life..ok. some people are experiencing issues and I can see that although I'm not one of them. But to say this phone lags, is buggy, is not smooth tells me you have not used one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Gray Area and ziggster like this.
    04-10-2015 02:17 PM
    Add me to the (large) list of happy S6 users. I have two complaints: first, every single theme in the Samsung store available so far looks like it was made by and for a 10-year-old girl or a frat boy; second, I'm used to being rooted (for at least the last five years and three phones), and I keep running into roadblocks that I normally just steamroll over because I'm trying hard NOT to root my S6 and get shut out of Samsung Pay before I even get a chance to try it.

But the phone itself is just fantastic.
    04-10-2015 03:01 PM
    Loving the phone.. It's just that I can't get the sim card slot open and that is very annoying.
    04-10-2015 04:29 PM
    There are plenty of happy users. The only unhappy people that I have any sympathy for are the ones on TMobile or the ones that are having ridiculously high cell standby due to a bug.
    What issues are tmobile users having exactly? Just bought bought mine and now I'm concerned
    04-10-2015 04:50 PM
    I finally got it! It's awesome. I'm still getting used to it. I'm using touch wiz too.

mayconvert likes this.
    04-10-2015 04:52 PM
    What issues are tmobile users having exactly? Just bought bought mine and now I'm concerned
    Some are experiencing high battery drain from cell standby and possibly wifi and wifi calling.
    04-10-2015 05:01 PM
    Generally, people are not happy unless they can hate something.
    04-10-2015 10:28 PM
    Loving the phone so far.

For those wanting a more guy based theme they have 5-6 avengers themes which are pretty cool. You have to click on the avenger add on the top. For some reason it almost appears like an add.
    04-11-2015 12:32 AM
    I'm very happy with my phone. Still waiting for root without tripping knox
    04-11-2015 02:37 AM
    I only just got the phone and have had it for about 24 hours.

Quick impressions:

+ Screen is superb
    + Camera so far is excellent
    + Phone overall quite fast
    + Build/design is nice
    + Fingerprint scanner hasn't missed yet

- There is stutter and lag here and there in weird instances
    - The loudspeaker is abysmal. I mean really really trash
    - Battery life so far seems questionable at best

So far though impressions are positive. I do like it quite a bit, but those issues are kind of irritating me. Particularly the inconsistent performance. It's smooth for the most part, but then stutters all of a sudden or drops frames here and there. It feels slower than my One M8. Not sure if it's just the animation speed or what, but it doesn't seem as snappy as the M8. I'll have to play with some settings.
    04-11-2015 03:13 AM
    I only just got the phone and have had it for about 24 hours.

Quick impressions:

+ Screen is superb
    + Camera so far is excellent
    + Phone overall quite fast
    + Build/design is nice
    + Fingerprint scanner hasn't missed yet

- There is stutter and lag here and there in weird instances
    - The loudspeaker is abysmal. I mean really really trash
    - Battery life so far seems questionable at best

So far though impressions are positive. I do like it quite a bit, but those issues are kind of irritating me. Particularly the inconsistent performance. It's smooth for the most part, but then stutters all of a sudden or drops frames here and there. It feels slower than my One M8. Not sure if it's just the animation speed or what, but it doesn't seem as snappy as the M8. I'll have to play with some settings.
    The M8 has a mature software now (1 year old) so it's totally optimized.
    It looks like the S6 software still need some optimizations (just like the M9 which is slower than M8 btw).
    Also custom roms will greatly improve things
    04-11-2015 04:40 AM
    The M8 has a mature software now (1 year old) so it's totally optimized.
    It looks like the S6 software still need some optimizations (just like the M9 which is slower than M8 btw).
    Also custom roms will greatly improve things
    Hmm, no it's more than that. M8 has stayed the same speed/smoothness since release. It didn't get smoother/faster over time or anything. Not for me at least. The S6 is definitely slower (at least in animations) than the M8, and seems just a fraction less responsive. Nothing enormous, but comparing the two side by side, the M8 just does stuff faster.

And I'm not interested in custom roms. Haven't done that stuff in years and I'm not interested in doing it again.
    04-11-2015 05:01 AM
    You'll have to ask the FedEx facility if they are happy with mine.
    That's funny

04-11-2015 05:17 AM
    So far very happy with my first galaxy phone, have the tab pro tablet. Picked up the nexus 6 last week but traded in for this yesterday. Was just to big. Biggest question I have right now is whether or not I should put a case on this beauty
    04-11-2015 06:01 AM
    This phone is awesome. I came from a G2 that was top of class 1.5yrs ago. Battery life has been fine for me (1 day use so far), and will judge that. The fingerprint scanner is so accurate, and the camera is beyond amazing!

If you havent tried virtual shot on the camera, give it a try. Its someone gimmicky, but I can definitely see it come in handy.
    04-11-2015 07:06 AM
    Love my s6 edge, no complaints to speak of thus far! It's a great device!

Posted on my Galaxy S6 (S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    04-11-2015 07:17 AM
    Very happy with the device and the nicest phone ever in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I've run into quite a few bugs or problems like example an annoying one is auto brightness will turn off automatically for me allot but I'm still loving the device.

Does it dim even on manual brightness? I've always used manual on all my phone and just left like at 80% brightness but my Edge would tone down when I entered a darker room. I'm not used to this and it was frustrating. I wonder if this is normal for the s6 Edge or mine had an issue.

I understand that on auto it does this but not on manual as well.... I'm sorry but I had to return mine last night. I still love the edge and I will get it again once this problem is solved
    04-11-2015 07:23 AM
    Loving the phone so far.

For those wanting a more guy based theme they have 5-6 avengers themes which are pretty cool. You have to click on the avenger add on the top. For some reason it almost appears like an add.
    Lol
    04-11-2015 07:24 AM
    Nice that your laughing at people that spent 800 dollars on an edge with faulty light sensor. Apparently all of them are faulty.

My sensors work fine

Posted on my Galaxy S6 (S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    04-11-2015 07:26 AM
    I am very happy. I was tired off returning faulty nexuses. This device is great.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-11-2015 07:36 AM
    LOL at the folks claiming that any Samsung product doesn't lag..The S6 lags and the home page redraws on several occassion. Lag with Samsung is not a question of if but more a question of how much.
    04-11-2015 08:10 AM
    Sorry man. I've had every iPhone but the 4s and have had my 6 plus since launch. The S6 is every bit as smooth as the 6 plus and in the 5 days I've had it has been less buggy than ios8. I even only had one app force close on me (directv) in 5 days of use. My 6 plus locks up every other day. Still a great device and I'm leaning towards keeping it as well. But it's obvious you don't have an s6 as your comments are completely off base. If you want to talk negative about the battery life..ok. some people are experiencing issues and I can see that although I'm not one of them. But to say this phone lags, is buggy, is not smooth tells me you have not used one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that as I was thinking about getting the 6+ instead.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-11-2015 08:12 AM
122 12345