Samsung Galaxy S6 So tired of hearing negative reports is anyone happy

Vanco333

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: So tired of hearing negative reports us anyone happy

Loving the phone so far.

For those wanting a more guy based theme they have 5-6 avengers themes which are pretty cool. You have to click on the avenger add on the top. For some reason it almost appears like an add.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: So tired of hearing negative reports is anyone happy

I only just got the phone and have had it for about 24 hours.

Quick impressions:

+ Screen is superb
+ Camera so far is excellent
+ Phone overall quite fast
+ Build/design is nice
+ Fingerprint scanner hasn't missed yet

- There is stutter and lag here and there in weird instances
- The loudspeaker is abysmal. I mean really really trash
- Battery life so far seems questionable at best

So far though impressions are positive. I do like it quite a bit, but those issues are kind of irritating me. Particularly the inconsistent performance. It's smooth for the most part, but then stutters all of a sudden or drops frames here and there. It feels slower than my One M8. Not sure if it's just the animation speed or what, but it doesn't seem as snappy as the M8. I'll have to play with some settings.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

I only just got the phone and have had it for about 24 hours.

Quick impressions:

+ Screen is superb
+ Camera so far is excellent
+ Phone overall quite fast
+ Build/design is nice
+ Fingerprint scanner hasn't missed yet

- There is stutter and lag here and there in weird instances
- The loudspeaker is abysmal. I mean really really trash
- Battery life so far seems questionable at best

So far though impressions are positive. I do like it quite a bit, but those issues are kind of irritating me. Particularly the inconsistent performance. It's smooth for the most part, but then stutters all of a sudden or drops frames here and there. It feels slower than my One M8. Not sure if it's just the animation speed or what, but it doesn't seem as snappy as the M8. I'll have to play with some settings.

The M8 has a mature software now (1 year old) so it's totally optimized.
It looks like the S6 software still need some optimizations (just like the M9 which is slower than M8 btw).
Also custom roms will greatly improve things

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

The M8 has a mature software now (1 year old) so it's totally optimized.
It looks like the S6 software still need some optimizations (just like the M9 which is slower than M8 btw).
Also custom roms will greatly improve things

Hmm, no it's more than that. M8 has stayed the same speed/smoothness since release. It didn't get smoother/faster over time or anything. Not for me at least. The S6 is definitely slower (at least in animations) than the M8, and seems just a fraction less responsive. Nothing enormous, but comparing the two side by side, the M8 just does stuff faster.

And I'm not interested in custom roms. Haven't done that stuff in years and I'm not interested in doing it again.

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

So far very happy with my first galaxy phone, have the tab pro tablet. Picked up the nexus 6 last week but traded in for this yesterday. Was just to big. Biggest question I have right now is whether or not I should put a case on this beauty :)

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Love my s6 edge, no complaints to speak of thus far! It's a great device!

Posted on my Galaxy S6 (S is for Super) via the Android Central App

305rob305

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Very happy with the device and the nicest phone ever in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I've run into quite a few bugs or problems like example an annoying one is auto brightness will turn off automatically for me allot but I'm still loving the device.

Posted via the Android Central App
Does it dim even on manual brightness? I've always used manual on all my phone and just left like at 80% brightness but my Edge would tone down when I entered a darker room. I'm not used to this and it was frustrating. I wonder if this is normal for the s6 Edge or mine had an issue.

I understand that on auto it does this but not on manual as well.... I'm sorry but I had to return mine last night. I still love the edge and I will get it again once this problem is solved

305rob305

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Loving the phone so far.

For those wanting a more guy based theme they have 5-6 avengers themes which are pretty cool. You have to click on the avenger add on the top. For some reason it almost appears like an add.
Lol

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Nice that your laughing at people that spent 800 dollars on an edge with faulty light sensor. Apparently all of them are faulty.

My sensors work fine

Posted on my Galaxy S6 (S is for Super) via the Android Central App

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

LOL at the folks claiming that any Samsung product doesn't lag..The S6 lags and the home page redraws on several occassion. Lag with Samsung is not a question of if but more a question of how much.

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Sorry man. I've had every iPhone but the 4s and have had my 6 plus since launch. The S6 is every bit as smooth as the 6 plus and in the 5 days I've had it has been less buggy than ios8. I even only had one app force close on me (directv) in 5 days of use. My 6 plus locks up every other day. Still a great device and I'm leaning towards keeping it as well. But it's obvious you don't have an s6 as your comments are completely off base. If you want to talk negative about the battery life..ok. some people are experiencing issues and I can see that although I'm not one of them. But to say this phone lags, is buggy, is not smooth tells me you have not used one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks for that as I was thinking about getting the 6+ instead.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

I am so tired of all the negativity...

Is anyone that owns a s6 happy with the device

Pls lets see and hear some love

Got my AT&T s6 yesterday. Love it so far!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Loving mine as well. It seems faster and smoother than the demo unit that I used on preorder day. Downloads are really fast and the device gets warms but barely be enough to notice. Still tweaking my device. So far, no issues.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

As of yesterday, the best smartphone I've had, at least the best all around experience was my Sony Xperia Z3 ( insane battery life, great build and very good UI), followed very close OnePlus One (daily driver until yesterday). And with just 1 day of usage I can honestly say that the S6 edge is on par with the Sony Xperia Z3 on hand feeling and even more appealing, and so far I feel even better with the S6 edge having back all those nice and Unique Touchwiz features plus the IR sensor.

Samsung hit a homerun, those that are trying to just discredit this great phones, are simply other brands loyal fans and/or Samsung haters that won't even try this phone before complaining about it, haters will always hate.

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site

LOL at the folks claiming that any Samsung product doesn't lag..The S6 lags and the home page redraws on several occassion. Lag with Samsung is not a question of if but more a question of how much.

There is a different between lag and animations.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Some are experiencing high battery drain from cell standby and possibly wifi and wifi calling.

Likewise for AT&T customers as well... And they don't have wifi calling. Seems like a bug in the software.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Likewise for AT&T customers as well... And they don't have wifi calling. Seems like a bug in the software.

I've been wondering if it's something related to 2.4 or 5Ghz frequencies, as I have T-Mobile and with VoLTE and Wifi calling off as I don't need them, plus Smart Network and Scanning Always Available also off, and since yesterday that I got my device, the battery life has been surprisingly very good, averaging over 5.25 hours of SoT in just 2 Full charges cycles. Both, my Office and Home Wifi routers are set to just 2.4ghz.