I'm getting my GS6 today and will likely slap Nova Launcher on top of the stock Samsung one.

I want to know if any of you are using it and how you are liking it? Any lag or jank? Any re-draw issues?

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2015 07:20 AM
    I'm using Nova. Nope no lag....in fact I think it's smoother cause of it.

Sent from my Galaxy S6
    04-10-2015 08:01 AM
    I'm using nova as well. Love it.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-10-2015 08:49 AM
    Another happy Nova user. Haven't had any lag at all.
    04-10-2015 09:15 AM
    Installed Nova last night. No issues so far. Very smooth
    04-10-2015 09:29 AM
    Nova is awesome at RAM usage. I experimented with running a couple devices with and without it and my available RAM only increased by about 5 MB with it uninstalled. It wasn't even Nova using the most RAM when I customized, it was stuff like Zooper and theme packs which were using up around 20+ mb combined.
    That being said, I have a bigger RAM return when I don't use Nova due to the fact that I always give into the urge to theme my phones with other apps when I do use Nova lol. But that's not Nova's fault.
    04-10-2015 09:30 AM
    Nova is awesome at RAM usage. I experimented with running a couple devices with and without it and my available RAM only increased by about 5 MB with it uninstalled. It wasn't even Nova using the most RAM when I customized, it was stuff like Zooper and theme packs which were using up around 20+ mb.
    That being said, I have a bigger RAM return when I don't use Nova due to the fact that I always give into the urge to theme my phones with other apps when I do use Nova lol. But that's not Nova's fault.
    I'm not following you. Does your RAM increase or decrease while running Nova?
    04-10-2015 09:34 AM
    I'm not following you. Does your RAM increase or decrease while running Nova?
    I'm using an app crashdamage told me about called RAM Truth. In the available RAM section I only lost a tiny 5 MB with nova installed. As I said, it wasn't Nova that was using much RAM though, it was the other theming apps I was using with it.

You can't actually "gain" RAM using a 3rd party launcher, that to my knowledge is physically impossible. But what nova cleverly does is run as a cached process so it doesn't run in active RAM by default. That's why you can run it over top the stock launcher without any performance hit. And nova also slightly increases app launch and scroll animation speeds by default in its settings.

What Nova doesn't do is actually make your phone itself run faster. By that I mean for example if you're in your browser or playing a game etc, Nova has no control over how fast or smooth your apps are behaving aside from just increasing the launch animation when you first run them.
    Crashdamage likes this.
    04-10-2015 09:48 AM
    I'm using an app crashdamage told me about called RAM Truth. In the available RAM section I only lost a tiny 5 MB with nova installed. As I said, it wasn't Nova that was using much RAM though, it was the other theming apps I was using with it.

You can't actually "gain" RAM using a 3rd party launcher, that to my knowledge is physically impossible. But what nova cleverly does is run as a cached process so it doesn't run in active RAM by default. That's why you can run it over top the stock launcher without any performance hit. And nova also slightly increases app launch and scroll animation speeds by default in its settings.

What Nova doesn't do is actually make your phone itself run faster. By that I mean for example if you're in your browser or playing a game etc, Nova has no control over how fast or smooth your apps are behaving aside from just increasing the launch animation when you first run them.
    Thanks, that's what I figured. I think I just misunderstood your wording in the previous post.
    04-10-2015 09:52 AM
    Nova always, accept no substitute.
    04-10-2015 10:09 AM
    Im using google now launcher seems to be pretty smooth and steady, though I dont have much to compare it to!
    04-10-2015 10:36 AM
    To my knowledge, experience, Nova doesn't have any negative impact on the memory usage. In fact, I feel like having slightly more free RAM with it.

It's replacing only the stock Touchwize launcher part, not like running alongside it. But every other part of TW still remains like setting, notification, pull down toggles, phone apps, etc.
    04-10-2015 10:47 AM
    Nova always smooths out Touchwiz hiccups...Hell, any hiccup on any brand...
    04-10-2015 10:49 AM
    Gotta be Nova
    04-10-2015 01:58 PM