It just annoys me still how media outlets try to twist and turn a positive product to negative. It's strange how a widely praised phone not branded by Apple somehow becomes less innovative and watered down and a bad launch. I'm fine with everyone having their opinions but it's clear the bias is real.

Samsung's Dangerous Rush To Innovation Leads To Galaxy S6 Edge Shortage - Forbes

Posted on my Galaxy S6 (S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    04-10-2015 07:42 AM
    Yes, I read the same thing and was utterly disgusted by the obvious bias.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 07:45 AM
    They write articles in both directions to get clicks as they are not known for the go to place when new tech rolls out.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 07:49 AM
    Clickbait
    Gray Area and vegasdroid like this.
    04-10-2015 08:15 AM
    They write articles in both directions to get clicks as they are not known for the go to place when new tech rolls out.
    Yeah and I fell for it, im holding the best smartphone IMO made in the last few years. I haven't had no issues with it so far and they write that crap to stroke apple ego and once again kick dirt on those who prefer Android and more specifically Samsung.

dc52ltr and T48 like this.
    04-10-2015 08:18 AM
    Forbes is really a blogging platform right now. Anyone can sign up and write whatever they want under the Forbes banner. This is not in any way journalism.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 08:32 AM
    The author is playing around with semantics. The average consumer doesn't care whether or not the reason he can't get a particular phone is because of a component shortage, or because of a factory that is running 100% but that can't keep up with demand. They just know that they can't get the phone that they want.

He does make a valid point about the usefulness of the Edge display. Every review I've seen discusses the relative uselessness (at least for now) of the UI for those edges on the display. That's nothing new - we all are aware of this.

The really dumb part of this article, IMO, is his suggestion that Samsung should only have manufactured the Edge version of the S6. A terrible idea. I chose the regular version of the S6 over the Edge version, because I didn't think it was very comfortable to hold. I played with display models of both devices at Best Buy, and came away knowing that the regular version of the S6 was for me. Had the Edge been the only version released, I would not have purchased this year's variant of the Galaxy S line. I'm sure I'm not the only one that made the same choice. Had Samsung chosen to create only an Edge version, I think they would have been a disaster for the company.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 08:41 AM
    It just annoys me still how media outlets try to twist and turn a positive product to negative. It's strange how a widely praised phone not branded by Apple somehow becomes less innovative and watered down and a bad launch. I'm fine with everyone having their opinions but it's clear the bias is real.

Samsung's Dangerous Rush To Innovation Leads To Galaxy S6 Edge Shortage - Forbes

I saw it too. Very anti Samsung it seems... They published something else bad too.. Bad journalism

Posted via Android Central App
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 08:45 AM
    Ridiculous article about supply constraints. In the 'normal' world, high demand and tight supply is a good thing. All recent Apple phones had the same issue and press was marveling about how Apple couldn't keep up with demand. Now Samsung has a hit on their hands and they spin it against them into poor planning and a hard to make product.

That said, the author is right about one thing - the edge software is a huge disappointment. It's essentially worthless at the moment (unless you like your edge clock which has a 12 hour on-screen limitation for some weird reason). There is SO much potential for the edge but Samsung will need to step up (and fast) and make it considerably more functional and hopefully third party developers step up and do the same thing.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 09:24 AM
    Its apple's standard practice of offering limited numbers of its new devices so that they can sell out on day one, thus trumping up the articles about how well its devices are selling out, and that they are trying their best to keep up with demand....yet we never see any articles being critical of this practice...
    Yeah the apple worship has gotten a bit much, by the way I love my new galaxy edge.....
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 10:19 AM
    This seems like a fair article with a slightly lame title describing how Samsung is not ready to meet the demand for their very popular new phone. (In fairness, this is being typed on an S6, which I love).

From a purely business perspective it's a fair criticism, as meeting demand in a timely manner converts interest into sales. And failing to do so makes a business seem like it is rushing or unready to meet market demand. The article states that if Samsung takes too long to meet the high demand, its ailing business will continue to suffer. This seems a fair point.

When the article does make an Apple comparison, it's about how Apple was able to successfully kick iPhone 6 Plus production into high gear to meet the unexpected worldwide demand. This successful response to demand was one major reason why Apple staged a comeback last year. We can see that so far Samsung has not been able to respond in kind with the edge, one perfect example is how North America is missing the more colorful iterations (I wish this edged beauty I'm holding was that vibrant green) and how many people in this forum are still unable to get the edge today from their carrier of choice because so many orders are going straight to back order hell?

I haven't done the research to tell if this author is truly biased against Samsung, but despite the initially awkward title this article is an informative look into how the biggest and the best in the tech sector have to respond to market demand or suffer as result.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2015 05:19 PM
    I am so ticked.
    I'm going to go post a link in all the Android forums.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 05:49 PM
    This seems like a fair article with a slightly lame title describing how Samsung is not ready to meet the demand for their very popular new phone. (In fairness, this is being typed on an S6, which I love).

From a purely business perspective it's a fair criticism, as meeting demand in a timely manner converts interest into sales. And failing to do so makes a business seem like it is rushing or unready to meet market demand. The article states that if Samsung takes too long to meet the high demand, its ailing business will continue to suffer. This seems a fair point.

When the article does make an Apple comparison, it's about how Apple was able to successfully kick iPhone 6 Plus production into high gear to meet the unexpected worldwide demand. This successful response to demand was one major reason why Apple staged a comeback last year. We can see that so far Samsung has not been able to respond in kind with the edge, one perfect example is how North America is missing the more colorful iterations (I wish this edged beauty I'm holding was that vibrant green) and how many people in this forum are still unable to get the edge today from their carrier of choice because so many orders are going straight to back order hell?

I haven't done the research to tell if this author is truly biased against Samsung, but despite the initially awkward title this article is an informative look into how the biggest and the best in the tech sector have to respond to market demand or suffer as result.

Posted via the Android Central App
    You must be a business owner or in sales! Lol but fair enough points made. I've read this guy other articles before and he is definitely apple friendly. It's always a glowing apple article and Samsung articles usually accuse them of copying or something of that nature.

I agree Samsung should be pushing out more product to meet demand but I think they have been broadsided by the edge demand. They knew the regular s6 would sale well but the edge was a novelty like the note edge. Well not so anymore!! edge is here to stay! They're going to have to come up with a faster process to make the screens and manufacturing better so that not so many come already with the scratch on it. I'm happy mine came in perfect no issues, love the phone

04-10-2015 05:58 PM
    We use our phones and not their mouth/pen/keyboard. Just ignore them. As long as you like your phone, let them get jealous :-)
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 05:58 PM
    I am so ticked.
    I'm going to go post a link in all the Android forums.
    Lol idk if your being facetious or serious, nevertheless it's funny 😁

04-10-2015 06:00 PM
    Proof is in the pudding!

Android holds the lead as top US smartphone platform, according to comScore http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...rding-comscore
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 07:41 PM
    What a junk pro-apple anti-samsung junk article. Samsung's rush to innovate. Samsung doesn't make the glass for the displays someone else does and guess what a dual curved display is hard to make in high quantities. Gee now if apple had gone with Sapphire on their phone what would Forbes write then about their rush to innovate, oh wait apple never innovates, they just iterate on a 2 year cycle of incremental designs with a quest to thinner than a supermodel on a diet of rice and cigarettes. I gave up on Forbes long ago.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 09:16 PM
    Why is it that Forbes only ever make negative comments about android In their headline. No matter how much better a particular device is (and proven to be so) they always make this out to be a bad thing! I see comments like....."Why Is Nobody Using Android 5.0 Lollipop? - Forbes" "Google's Inability To Force Software Updates ... - Forbes" "Four Reasons To Switch From Android To iPhone - Forbes" "As The iPhone 6S Approaches, Apple Still Beats Android" "There's Something Wrong In Android Land - Forbes" "Sony's Ludicrous 4K Xperia Z5" And all that was on just one page, all lies, disinformation, bias and negativity. The top android phone has for some time now beaten the latest iphone in nearly every category (And proven by many experts) but reading their comments you would have thought it was the exact opposite. Why do they hate Android so much that they print such filth about it? Also how are they allowed to? What happened to journalistic integrity (The objective truth)
    Gray Area likes this.
    11-21-2015 11:28 AM