who said this phone wasn't going to be sold out at stores?

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, i read a bunch of articles and other people say I will be able to walk into big reds brick and mortar stores and pick up the phone. I get to verizon about 10:45 today in myrtle beach (opens at 10) and to my surprise they are all sold out of everything except 2 non-edge black ones in 32gb. Of course i wanted a white one. They told me they got 20 of everything in. Must be record sales for the galaxy s6 today. Now i have to wait till monday when my phone gets shipped to the store. Bummer. Moral of the story, don't trust articles and other people that say plenty will be in stock.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Good news for Samsung and Android. Bad news for you. I heard today on the news that the Apple Watch is going to be sold out today and some will not get theirs until August. That is ridiculous.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Again that's the point of a pre-order. Sure in most cases unnecessary, but a risk with a heavy hitter like the S6.

dan obri

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered from ATT using Next and got my phone on Tuesday,(not bragging just giving an example of the benefit of pre-ordering) You might try Amazon and see if it would get to you any faster.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Good news for Samsung and Android. Bad news for you. I heard today on the news that the Apple Watch is going to be sold out today and some will not get theirs until August. That is ridiculous.

They also did not disclose how many they had available for pre-order and if users have to wait months they will get bored and move on. I get it, its an apple device, I have many but their watch has no appeal to me.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
They also did not disclose how many they had available for pre-order and if users have to wait months they will get bored and move on. I get it, its an apple device, I have many but their watch has no appeal to me.

it is an apple device so you know that the sheep are going to be buying it for the over inflated price

Posted via the Android Central App

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
well it took a turn for the worst for me. Got shipping information later in the day today only to notice there sending it to my house in nj (im in college here in SC), it was supposed to get sent to the store. I then go back to the store to find out they got another shipment of s6s to the store, they then cancel the one going to my house but then find out because i was going the EDGE plan route i have to wait 10 days for them to revert everything back because the phone had shipped even called CS there and they cant do anything to cancel right then and there. Reason i didnt preorder is because i wanted to use my credit card not my parents (different billing address) and online wouldnt let me change. So things went from bad to worse for me and only got a $20 bill credit from them for the inconvenience.

Last edited:

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I walked into my local ATT store at 9 am when they opened, and I was the only customer there buying a S6. The other two customers we're dealing with iphone issues.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
My local tmobile store opened at 8. I walked in, was the only one there, and had my choice of any model other than 128gb of anything or gold. I went with the lowest gb black s6. I switch phone and trade all the time to want to spend any extra money. Lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Some stores get more, some get less stock. Just depends on your market. If you couldn't get it today at one store, have them check within a 50 mile radius, which they can do.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Alot of folk are reporting no problem picking one up in stores. I pickedoone up after 6 pm on launch day. Nobody else in the store was buyinga Samsung S6 at the time. Rep said people trickled in during the day. But no lines or huge throngs.

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i know in my area, myrtle beach sold out early then got another shipment in and North Myrtle sold out everything except a couple black 64s. I guess this area alot of people are interested

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance