06-13-2015 12:08 PM
49 12
tools
    The phone is fluid as hell! I immediately got rid of the stock launcher and went to nova prime.

But, the speakers are absolute utter crap turned up past 60% full blast almost sounds like they intentionally added to much gain and overpower the tiny speaker
    04-10-2015 02:19 PM
    I've learned to never expect any kind of decent sound from anything other than HTC in a phone.
    Gray Area and akutch34 like this.
    04-10-2015 02:21 PM
    Coming from an M8 the speaker quality on the S6 is really jarring. It's pretty bad all around, but I expected it. I didn't listen to much music or watch many videos with out headphones on my M8 anyway so i didn't loose much.
    04-10-2015 02:25 PM
    I never listen to music except with headphones.
    How is the sound with headphones?
    04-10-2015 02:26 PM
    With headphones not terrible. You can change the settings. Surround sound sounds a little echo-y but adds bass.
    04-10-2015 02:35 PM
    On the subject of music, althought a bit off topic, is there a way to make google music my default instead of the samsung 'music' one? When I do bluetooth audio in the car I use a voice command but it starts playing music from the Samsung app instead, I dont see a way to either set it as the default or disable the samsung one?
    04-10-2015 02:42 PM
    Disable Samsung music
    04-10-2015 02:44 PM
    But yeah man the speaker sounds like it's in a coffee can with lugnuts
    04-10-2015 02:45 PM
    Disable Samsung music
    Cant be done Its greyed out
    dwatcool likes this.
    04-10-2015 02:49 PM
    Well, I also run the headphone jack into my Aux Port on my CRV when I listen to Pandora. My Note2 isn't anything exciting, but I had hoped the S6 would have had good sound.
    I think that should be the next big focus for Samsung. We use our phones as a multimedia player.
    I test drove T-Mobile a few weeks back, and they give you an iPhone 5 for the 7 day trial. I was really impressed with the sound when I hooked it up through my CRV stereo.
    04-10-2015 02:53 PM
    I haven't tried music on mine but as others said .. I use my bluetooth headset for that.

For calls it has been great. Much better than the Note 4 back speaker placement.
    04-10-2015 02:56 PM
    Cant be done Its greyed out
    Say what? This is not good, I also use Google Play Music, and want nothing to do with Samsung's TouchWiz-O-Matic Music Player For Wizzy Touches.
    04-10-2015 03:25 PM
    Say what? This is not good, I also use Google Play Music, and want nothing to do with Samsung's TouchWiz-O-Matic Music Player For Wizzy Touches.
    Yea same here, it doesnt seem like there is an option to make it the default music program nor is there an option to disable the Samsung Music app. When I get in my car I can say "bluetooth audio" and it brings up the Samsung app but I want it to be Google instead :/
    04-10-2015 03:29 PM
    None of the 'core' stock apps can be disabled, looks like the includes the Samsung music app. There is a default application section in the settings under Applications but I don't see anything about being able to set which app is default for music.
    04-10-2015 04:25 PM
    None of the 'core' stock apps can be disabled, looks like the includes the Samsung music app. There is a default application section in the settings under Applications but I don't see anything about being able to set which app is default for music.
    I see that... Man.. no good. ford sync its pulling up Samsung music also. I wish i could disable it..

I use spotify 99% of the time
    04-10-2015 04:44 PM
    surely there must be a way to set the default music app? even on jailbroken iphone i can change mine to rdio rather than the stock music app.
    04-10-2015 05:03 PM
    Well, I also run the headphone jack into my Aux Port on my CRV when I listen to Pandora. My Note2 isn't anything exciting, but I had hoped the S6 would have had good sound.
    I think that should be the next big focus for Samsung. We use our phones as a multimedia player.
    I test drove T-Mobile a few weeks back, and they give you an iPhone 5 for the 7 day trial. I was really impressed with the sound when I hooked it up through my CRV stereo.
    They give you the iPhone 5s which has the best onboard DAC in USA smartphones for the year of release. In other words it should sound terrific when using the audio out.
    04-10-2015 05:08 PM
    Speaker is better/louder than my Nexus 5

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2015 08:03 PM
    Wow, the speaker in the bottom of the S6 blows. I mean, it is AWFUL. Loving everything else about the phone but this speaker, even at only half volume, distorts people's voices in videos I've watched on both YouTube and Twitch that makes them sound almost robotic. Really kind of let down by this poor quality audio. The speaker in the Nexus 5 I came from was very very good. This is quite a downgrade and here I thought it was going to be at least serviceable...
    04-10-2015 10:27 PM
    Wow, the speaker in the bottom of the S6 blows. I mean, it is AWFUL. Loving everything else about the phone but this speaker, even at only half volume, distorts people's voices in videos I've watched on both YouTube and Twitch that makes them sound almost robotic. Really kind of let down by this poor quality audio. The speaker in the Nexus 5 I came from was very very good. This is quite a downgrade and here I thought it was going to be at least serviceable...
    Really? The N5 speaker was crap and barely audible

04-10-2015 10:29 PM
    Speakers aren't the worst but not the best. Especially coming from an M8. It's not horrible to me though

04-10-2015 10:34 PM
    Speakers aren't the worst but not the best. Especially coming from an M8. It's not horrible to me though

If your palm muffles them in landscape it makes a vibrate noise bleehh
    04-10-2015 11:11 PM
    Put your phone in an emtpy red solo cup, problem solved 😆
    04-10-2015 11:12 PM
    This is the best speaker I have ever heard on a phone with non front facing or dual speakers. I don't get distortion when the volume is high but it could be the type of music I listen to. Definitely the best sounding in my opinion if you forget about any dual speaker phones. Beats the G3, Icon, and the phones before that I've used. Does not beat the Z3 though but again those are dual speakers and the best ones I've used.

04-11-2015 03:46 AM
    I find the speaker to be significantly better than the rear mounted speaker on the S5. Now admittedly that's not a huge accomplishment as this was never a strength of the S5. But Id say it's quite satisfactory for speakerphone conversations and the occasional youtube video. Any serious music listening Would, of necessity, be done using headphones or a linked Bluetooth speaker, of course. I'd give the speaker a 7/10 rating.
    04-11-2015 06:27 AM
49 12